Name one thing you'd bring to a manly picnic

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Name one thing you'd bring to a manly picnic

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Of course, getting Yuuko up there in the first place would be a feat in itself.
Hence the "somehow". Maybe I'd tell her her boss from the Shanghai is up there and wants a meeting ASAP or she's fired.
Cruel, yet effective. You're cold, Potato. I like that. A man's gotta be cold in today's world.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It would amuse me greatly to see Hisao (or somebody) set things up in order to get Yuuko and Kenji back together only to find out that they don't even know each other. They were both talking about different people.
Not Dead Yet
HarvestmanMan

Post by HarvestmanMan »

I cannot even fathom Yuuko being in Kenji's presence for more than three minutes without going crazy or dying.
Current Number of Fanfics Cooked: 2
d2r

Post by d2r »

HarvestmanMan wrote:I cannot even fathom Yuuko being in Kenji's presence for more than three minutes without going crazy or dying.
I know. I've never understood the logic behind people shipping a couple so fundamentally incompatible. :p
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
Potato

Post by Potato »

d2r wrote:
HarvestmanMan wrote:I cannot even fathom Yuuko being in Kenji's presence for more than three minutes without going crazy or dying.
I know. I've never understood the logic behind people shipping a couple so fundamentally incompatible. :p
Aside from the hints that they were a couple...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
d2r

Post by d2r »

Potato wrote:Aside from the hints that they were a couple...
The hints always seemed like a bit of a stretch TBH; I never even considered that they were (supposedly) implied to have been a couple until I started lurking on the forums, and I still don't really see the chemistry.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

d2r wrote:
Perhaps, the effect it'd have on Yuuko would be that she'd be so initially petrified and freaked out about it that she can't be anxious or anything about it from that point onwards. It's similar to when someone who's scared of spiders is subjected to them to the point that they don't bother them anymore. There's a word for it, can't remember what it is.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Potato

Post by Potato »

d2r wrote:I still don't really see the chemistry.
That's because they were a couple. As in, not anymore. As in, the chemistry's been fucked. :lol: You're looking for two people who are compatible and have chemistry. These two aren't and don't, which is exactly why they're not together anymore.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote:
That's because they were a couple. As in, not anymore. As in, the chemistry's been fucked. :lol: You're looking for two people who are compatible and have chemistry. These two aren't and don't, which is exactly why they're not together anymore.
I think they could have a very healthy and fruitful relationship if Yuuko never, for one moment, took anything Kenji said the slightest bit seriously.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
Potato wrote:
I think they could have a very healthy and fruitful relationship if Yuuko never, for one moment, took anything Kenji said the slightest bit seriously.
Would that be healthy then?

I feel like the reason I like them as a couple is that they're both messed up, but at the end of the day if they cared about each other, it wouldn't really matter. They don't need to fix each other, they need to like each other, and ignoring each other isn't the same thing.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

I'd bring the Katawa Shoujo Achievements thread if Cook didn't break it. :(

Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

d2r

Post by d2r »

someguy1294 wrote:I'd bring the Katawa Shoujo Achievements thread if Cook didn't break it. :(
Questioning mod decisions so directly is...unwise. :p

Re: Yuuko & Kenji - I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I dunno. The ship never felt natural to me.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

d2r wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:I'd bring the Katawa Shoujo Achievements thread if Cook didn't break it. :(
Questioning mod decisions so directly is...unwise. :p

Re: Yuuko & Kenji - I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I dunno. The ship never felt natural to me.
Fair enough.

And really, without going too far into this, I think it was less "Cook breaking" anything and more "holy crap forced animal sex is starting to look normal here" that made it already broken.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote: I think they could have a very healthy and fruitful relationship if Yuuko never, for one moment, took anything Kenji said the slightest bit seriously.
No. I was being ironic. :lol:

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

someguy1294 wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
someguy1294 wrote: I think they could have a very healthy and fruitful relationship if Yuuko never, for one moment, took anything Kenji said the slightest bit seriously.
No. I was being ironic. :lol:
Oh, okay. For some reason I couldn't tell there.