Went back and got that good Rin ending.

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

friedjellybeans

Went back and got that good Rin ending.

Post by friedjellybeans »

My spirits have finally been lifted. But why the hell didn't Hisao tell her he loved her?! Not cool, man.
Lianam

Re: Went back and got that good Rin ending.

Post by Lianam »

friedjellybeans wrote:My spirits have finally been lifted. But why the hell didn't Hisao tell her he loved her?! Not cool, man.
He already said it earlier... MUCH earlier granted, but still, he said it before.

Btw, how did you like the "Present" monologue?
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

friedjellybeans wrote:My spirits have finally been lifted. But why the hell didn't Hisao tell her he loved her?! Not cool, man.
He did. Not that it matters much. I highly doubt those two would last regardless of the ending. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
HayStack44

Post by HayStack44 »

My spirits have finally been lifted.
Told yer :wink:
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

My reading of the good Rin ending is that Hisao had given up on the relationship by the time of the final scene, and *Rin* rescues the relationship in the end.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Liminaut wrote:My reading of the good Rin ending is that Hisao had given up on the relationship by the time of the final scene, and *Rin* rescues the relationship in the end.
For me, it feels like they each rescue it for the other, without even knowing that they've done so. Extraordinarily appropriate.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Here's what I wrote about Rin's ending when the game came out:

Rin is NOT a "word person" but is experiential, while Hisao is pretty much the opposite; at the end Rin deliberately uses words to express her love for Hisao and Hisao deliberately DOESN'T use words but instead demonstrates his love for Rin by kissing her.

Saying "I love you" back to Rin would actually be the wrong way to respond. Hisao needs to be told; Rin needs to experience. They each were able to come up with what the other one needed, instead of responding in the way that each of them would want for themselves.
Acesahn

Post by Acesahn »

I actually think Rin was expecting Hisao to respond back "I love you' Since she actually waited for him to speak, then stuck out her tongue when he didnt. She also seemed slightly annoyed when he said "Maybe I do" which I find odd... he actually admits to loving Rin in his inner monologues, so perhaps he was scared to say it out loud? I dont know, I was mad at him for not saying it back as well... I mean Rin only said that because she thought Hisao wanted/needed to hear it, she pretty much admitted immediately before saying it that she doest understand love in itself.
layarion

Post by layarion »

i got the good ending first go around, but i was sure i wasn't lol. anyway, personally i could never, ever be the kind of person that could stand being around that kind of person. too much of a disconnect, when 98% i can't make heads or tales if you would notice if i fell off the face of the earth, i would just assume you'd rather i wasn't there and move on. feeling frustrated all the while

but it was still fun to read, though in the end i still don't understand even Hisao in this route. i left slightly less confused than when i went down the route, and anyone who can go through that and come out sane on the other end i applaud you because my brain is just gone now
ArazelEternal

Post by ArazelEternal »

dewelar wrote:
Liminaut wrote:My reading of the good Rin ending is that Hisao had given up on the relationship by the time of the final scene, and *Rin* rescues the relationship in the end.
For me, it feels like they each rescue it for the other, without even knowing that they've done so. Extraordinarily appropriate.
This is how I felt about it. Some other interesting thoughts in here as well, ones that I would have never come up with myself.

Lilly = Hanako, Emi, Rin, Shizune
I fell in love with Lilly and Hanako

You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be your Emiest.