Have you dated someone like any KS character?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ginywiny

Re: Have you dated someone like any KS character?

Post by ginywiny »

Potato wrote:
ginywiny wrote:I'm seeing somebody that reminds me "a deux gouttes d'eau" (a lot) like Emi.
There are few things quite as teeth-grindingly pretentious as including random foreign phrases in an otherwise English post...But I digress.

And Emi and Hisao's kiss was hardly unpredicted. She predicted it out loud. :lol:

And that should be allowed but it would likely be merged into the 'feels bazaar' thread.
Hisao's reaction was like, "WUT?" Please, Hisao didn't predict it.
And, I included that french idiom, because I didn't figure out one in english.
Finally, the whole story I'm writing is connected to a question I have to ask all of you. It's a big question, that can include many opinions as well as experiences from others.
Potato

Post by Potato »

ginywiny wrote:And, I included that french idiom, because I didn't figure out one in english.
But you did. The words "a lot". :lol:

And that's because Hisao is a dumb.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ginywiny

Post by ginywiny »

Potato wrote:
ginywiny wrote:And, I included that french idiom, because I didn't figure out one in english.
But you did. The words "a lot". :lol:

And that's because Hisao is a dumb.
Hey hey :P, I want to create a bigger ambiance, the word "a lot" is too shallow.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Potato wrote:But you did. The words "a lot". :lol:
But… that's not what the idiom means…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
ginywiny

Post by ginywiny »

Atario wrote:
"break a leg"
"the big cheese"
"A Piece Of Cake"

"a deux gouttes d'eau" translates to "to two drops of water"
Yes, yes it is an idiom
brythain

Post by brythain »

ginywiny wrote:"a deux gouttes d'eau" translates to "to two drops of water"
Yes, yes it is an idiom
"Like two peas in a pod"
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
ginywiny

Post by ginywiny »

brythain wrote:
ginywiny wrote:"a deux gouttes d'eau" translates to "to two drops of water"
Yes, yes it is an idiom
"Like two peas in a pod"
Thank you :3
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Emi. Fucking Emi. "Dead" father and all. (He was dead to her until about a month or two before he actually died.)

She made me miserable. Oh god, it was great at first, it really was. We hit it off marvelously, but...well, much like Emi, it escalated quickly. I wasn't always ready for that. For her, sex=love. It did, at least. So when I wasn't in the mood....she decided that didn't matter.

Much like Emi, her reaction to lemon time wasn't pleasant. Unlike Emi, she cried. I hold that memory dear to my heart, because we went straight-up bad end and I despise this chick now. Call me horrible, bitter, whatever: you're right, I am.

There were threats of suicide lobbed (mostly in my direction). She didn't keep people at a distance so much as Emi did, but she definitely put up a false front for the people around her. And she had her own "anniversary" too. Warning: this shit is fucked up. Around February-Marchish, when she miscarried her ex's child. She told me (and I believe her, the guy's fucking scum) that her ex raped her a lot, and she drowned herself in booze and some prescription drugs. Being a seventeen year old guy with my own array of psychological issues....I didn't handle it well.

We both made our mistakes, don't get me wrong. We tried to get it back, but what we had was gone. I was too angry, and she wasn't willing to commit, which is hilarious because I had that problem until I went through Lilly's path and realized what I had to lose.

Then we continued on and off for about a year, and about a week before my birthday (which is March 17th) this year she dropped the bomb that she'd started seeing her ex who she started dating right around the....second/fourth or fifth time we broke up, depending upon how you look at it.

Haven't spoken to her since, and I don't regret it. And it won't be a few more months before she has a chance to randomly text me wanting to talk (I don't memorize numbers well and have annihilated it from my phone) because she's in BT right now. Yay National Guard!
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Potato

Post by Potato »

azumeow wrote:She told me (and I believe her, the guy's fucking scum) that her ex raped her a lot
Is it bad that I immediately assumed this as soon as I read the words "sex=love"? That perception seems to be a bizarrely common thing among those unfortunates (you're welcome to ask where I get that idea, but it will depress the hell out of you)...Which is really doubly fucking awful because that mindset fucks with anyone they may end up with too.

And it's usually great at first. That's the trick of it. The ones that remain great, they're the tough ones to find...
ginywiny wrote:Hey hey :P, I want to create a bigger ambiance, the word "a lot" is too shallow.
Well, shit. 2deep4me, bro. :P :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Gah, that's like... Emi's bad side, times a million. Sorry about that.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I suppose some overlap would be inevitable, but remember that Hanako's Broken Heart Club can be found here.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Atario

Post by Atario »

ginywiny wrote:
Atario wrote:
"break a leg"
"the big cheese"
"A Piece Of Cake"

"a deux gouttes d'eau" translates to "to two drops of water"
Yes, yes it is an idiom
I said "what the idiom means", not "what idiom means".
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Serviam

Post by Serviam »

Closest to that would be bonding with someone who--sans burns--reminded me of Hanako. To this day, she and I remain close friends.
"What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else."
- Tom Clancy summing up l'état in a nutshell

In order of completion: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
The etymology of this name comes from the Latin: "I will serve," in contrast to Lucifer's Non serviam.
Slava Ukraini!
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

I didn't date her (wanted to, but she was otherwise attached), but put Akira in Emi's body, and you're not far off of my best friend in late 2007-early 2008 or so.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Serviam wrote:Closest to that would be bonding with someone who--sans burns--reminded me of Hanako. To this day, she and I remain close friends.
You lucky little...

Jealousy aside, the closest I have is a regular friend who's like a male version of Misha. In fact, most of my friends are varying shades of Misha and Emi: maddened, loud, a little stupid, and obsessed out of the head with sports. Not sure why I'm still friends with them, but eh.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.