Lily's good ending

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Xanatos

Re: Lily's good ending

Post by Xanatos »

pandaphil wrote:Xan, you love that "Gimme the chocolate!" cartoon way too much. :shock:
There are certain things all KS fans should endure.

And advice to the OP: Don't do Hanako's immediately after Lilly's. It'll be that much better to see how it all syncs up with Lilly after a break. Try Emi's, it's easy to get into. :lol:
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Xanatos wrote:
And advice to the OP: Don't do Hanako's immediately after Lilly's. It'll be that much better to see how it all syncs up with Lilly after a break. Try Emi's, it's easy to get into. :lol:

^This, again. Emi is adorable. You might just find yourself loving her too.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

The fact that she's adorable, yes, and that her route, while still having some feel moments, is relatively warm-hearted compared to the other routes. Don't get me wrong, it has sad moments, and it definitely had a complex background, but it's a step down from Hanako and Lilly's routes when referring to general feel moments.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

KeiichiO wrote:
pandaphil wrote:
Xanatos wrote:

The fact that she's adorable, yes, and that her route, while still having some feel moments, is relatively warm-hearted compared to the other routes. Don't get me wrong, it has sad moments, and it definitely had a complex background, but it's a step down from Hanako and Lilly's routes when referring to general feel moments.

Which make her a good buffer between the intense feelz of Hanako and Lilly.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

If I'm not mistaken, there's only one decision difference in Act I which determine whether you go with Hanako or Lily. So, if you want to, you can easily avoid Hanako after going on Lily's path. And as mentioned, Emi's is the easiest to jump on board.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
neio

Post by neio »

YZQ wrote:If I'm not mistaken, there's only one decision difference in Act I which determine whether you go with Hanako or Lily. So, if you want to, you can easily avoid Hanako after going on Lily's path. And as mentioned, Emi's is the easiest to jump on board.
Hanako and Lilly are bundled together until the last decision, "go in town" or "go to the library"
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

That one decision difference really threw me when I first played it.

Hanako's route was the first I completed. My mindset was that going to town would have been pointless. Hisao did;'t know the layout of the town and didn't know where Lilly was going anyway. he at least had a strong idea where Hanako was. Then I played through Rin's Emi's, and Shizune's and actually had to look up how to find Lilly's route. I didn't realize there was one one single choice that put you on her path (and frankly, by that time, I'd forgotten there was an option to go to town anyway.)

Of course I also thought the "Go for it!" option on Emi's route was something that would just get you killed. Maybe I've just played too many Lucasarts adventure games.
Not Dead Yet
YZQ

Post by YZQ »

The "Go for It" did raise health issues for Hisao, but didn't actually kill him like the manly picnic. And of course, the library is where Hanako lurks the most.
"Nothing is beneath man. Everything is permitted."

"...since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved. However, it is important above all to avoid being hated."
Akuro

Post by Akuro »

Duuude the feels are just so intense :( :( ... maybe 'cause I broke up with my girlfriend yesterday, but this ending really makes you cry :cry: :cry: , and it's just the first rute that I complete dammn.