Which character did you get most attached to and why

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

poopooface

Re: Which character did you get most attached to and why

Post by poopooface »

SpunkySix wrote:I get what you're saying more now. You can become a tougher person from being bullied, yes. Thing is though, that also tends to come with a side of depression and a jaded view of the world, even after using it to build yourself up. I know all about that.
For me, it wasn't just depression, one of my closest friends who I had already confided a lot of my secrets to, due to it being a very depressing and hard point in m life, blackmailed me. I tried killing myself after that, not only did I have to deal with my father being kicked out of the house by my mom, I resented my mom, I had to live with a bipolar mother who couldn't raise me for shit for a few months, depression, anxiety, my parents' divorce, the anger issues I developed as a result affecting my friendships, but now being blackmailed for all that information, betrayal, suicidal thoughts, and the bullying that resulted from my secrets being told. Pretty fucking hard for a 12 year old huh?
Hanako>Lilly>Emi>Rin>Shizune
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

poopooface wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I get what you're saying more now. You can become a tougher person from being bullied, yes. Thing is though, that also tends to come with a side of depression and a jaded view of the world, even after using it to build yourself up. I know all about that.
For me, it wasn't just depression, one of my closest friends who I had already confided a lot of my secrets to, due to it being a very depressing and hard point in m life, blackmailed me. I tried killing myself after that, not only did I have to deal with my father being kicked out of the house by my mom, I resented my mom, I had to live with a bipolar mother who couldn't raise me for shit for a few months, depression, anxiety, my parents' divorce, the anger issues I developed as a result affecting my friendships, but now being blackmailed for all that information, betrayal, suicidal thoughts, and the bullying that resulted from my secrets being told. Pretty fucking hard for a 12 year old huh?
Yeah... not fun. Sorry about that.

Thing is too, it's not just one or two guys like the movies make it out to be, either. It's everywhere, from almost everybody. You can't escape it. You deal with one and it's on to another.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:
poopooface wrote:
Yeah... not fun. Sorry about that.

Thing is too, it's not just one or two guys like the movies make it out to be, either. It's everywhere, from almost everybody. You can't escape it. You deal with one and it's on to another.
Pretty much. And then some prick blackmailing you...That's just awful. :(
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

my fav characters were lili and emi, my first one and my fav out of those 2 is lili. why? because i find her irresistible, both on the inside and on the outside. she's a beautiful person, a kind one, caring and peaceful. yes, she can be a teaser but i find that to be a bonus on her, like a little surprise now and then when she's not always so calm and collected:) it shows that she also has a childish and sweet side. i find her to be very very understanding of those around her, while i cant say i liked what lili did (im sure most know what im talking about) if i was in hisao's shoes, i would've done the same thing he did, run after her, even if i was in endangering myself, thats how much she made me care for her...the saddest part is that...she is just a fictional character, maybe thats why she's too good to be true...i'd give alot of stuff to meet someone like her and..to be AT LEAST normal friend with someone like her, if not even more.

what i like about emi, which is totally opposite of lili, is her energy, her cheekyness, the way she is always happy and ready to do (almost) anything, she never gives up no matter what, which i find admirable, she seems really fun to be around with, and never get bored around her. her energy is something i would get addicted to, it would also motivate me, i also believe that i would live a healthier life with her as well, so yeah pretty much the exact opposite of lili but i like her alot aswell. also i feel emi x hisao had the best relationship ever (personal belief ofc :) )
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Kibaro wrote:what i like about emi,

her cheekyness,
The phrase, "Oh Emi, you cheeky little shit!" just popped into my head, and now I can feel this incredibly goofy grin forming on my face as I'm typing.
Kibaro

Post by Kibaro »

SpunkySix wrote:

her cheekyness,
The phrase, "Oh Emi, you cheeky little shit!" just popped into my head, and now I can feel this incredibly goofy grin forming on my face as I'm typing.
hmmm....why shit? that sounds a bit..weird
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Kibaro wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:

her cheekyness,
hmmm....why shit? that sounds a bit..weird
I don't mean it in a mean way, I assure you. Just seems like the exaggerated, tongue-in-cheek type banter she'd get a kick out of.
SiniisteR

Post by SiniisteR »

SpunkySix wrote:
Are you shaking your head with your hands on your waist as you say it?
SpunkySix wrote:
Potato wrote:Lilly diddling herself
Lilliddy dillidy doo, bee-boppin' that blind bugaboo.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Emotionally: Rin, She's alot like me in a way, Neutral about everything, acts like she dosen't really care, but kinda does. And has trouble conversing emotionally. Plus I like the way she talks (I could write a page or two on why Rin is bestgirl, but Im not feeling it tonight, maybe another time.)

However, I dont think i would date Rin in the way that a person does right now, If we had a KS style "Just kinda fell in love" I wouldnt reject it, but if I were to actively look for a girlfriend, I think it would end up being,

Wait for it,

Shizune

Even though alot of people dislike her route, I actually quite enjoyed it, and I enjoy her as a character too, her competitiveness matches mine, and I reckon she'd actually be a pretty good girlfriend, (Behind closed doors, cant have public displays of affection after all unless its with emi)
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:(Behind closed doors, cant have public displays of affection after all unless its with emi)
Bestgirl so fine, Uptight Blue be makin' exceptions like, damn gurl, I can't hear but I'mma still see me summa dat. 8)
Popcorn513

Post by Popcorn513 »

Hanako for her cuteness sincerity and eager to protect her, although i don't think will be successful to deal with her in real world

Kenji for his joke and brotherhood
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Popcorn513 wrote:Hanako for her cuteness sincerity and eager to protect her, although i don't think will be successful to deal with her in real world

Kenji for his joke and brotherhood
Not sure she want to be protected...
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Obvious answer out of the way: Lilly, because bestgirl and relating a lot.

Second answer: Akira/Mutou. Both of them are just awesome characters, and while I wasn't romantically attached to them, I was happy to talk to them, and they gave good advice and were generally cool people.

Third Answer: Nurse. Love the sense of humor, and he made me laugh almost just from seeing him since I knew it would be funny.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Not really sure. Probably either Lilly or Hanako. Lilly because I think I might be able to feel safe with her. Hanako because she could actually understand what my life is like. I've met plenty of sympathetic and kind people, but when you can't get close to someone who genuinely knows what it's like...it just feels so lonely. Even the closest people to me (other than my roommate who is and will likely always be the grand exception) still have a gap between us that I don't think they can ever cross. And frankly, it's a gap I would prefer they not cross. They don't deserve having to life with what I do.

I think I'd be more proactive in calling Lilly out on her BS than Hisao, too. There were a few moments where she was cracking and Hisao just let her wave it off.

Nothing frustrates me more than that. When you get so used to refusing help that it comes automatically, even though you want somebody to offer it and just let yourself collapse.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

SiniisteR wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Are you shaking your head with your hands on your waist as you say it?
I've been trying to figure this out for ages now... why?