You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

FBOF

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by FBOF »

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions and the link to the thread! Seems I've got plenty of pages to browse through on that one, even though not all of em are categorized hence it looks more like a blind pick. See a few people recommend things like Planetarian but after reading which categories it falls into + the premise, I can't really feel intrested in that one. I'll have plenty of time to run through the 100+ pages though so I'll post back after that I reckon. ^^

Like you said as well, I've heard from others that there are indeed a ton of VN's out there but been warned that plenty have some serious issues (bad translation, unappealing art, abrupt endings, heavy topics like rape/sex slavery/...). Therefore, I'm tentative to pick up every VN I can find out there. Even though I've played one with subpar art yesterday (namely: Homeward), the story but especially the ending felt genuine and worthy of a playthrough hence it didn't phase me the art was less than stellar. Did put me off at the start but chewed through it and was rewarded.
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

FBOF wrote:, (heavy topics like rape/sex slavery/...). Therefore, I'm tentative to pick up every VN I can find out there.
Im going to be honest, sometimes the ones with heavy topics (Rape, Character death, muder) can actually be incredible VNs if written well, since the emotional reaction that you get from it is exactly what the devs wanted..
Take the Heavens Feel route of FateStayNight, it contains Rape, Sex slavery, murder, mutilation etc. Its still an absolutely incredible story.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

So there's a game, Rimworld, where you get three people and have to make them survive a crash-landing on a mostly uninhabited planet.

Anyways, a mod for it allows you to customize in detail the colonists you're landing with, and I can't help but have an itching desire to see what would happen should Hisao, Hanako, and Lilly crash on an alien world.

Probably a lot of save-reloading as soon as one of them dies, but that's beside the point.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

When you are happy to think that maybe the KS's experience is maybe written in the epigenetics of the players and will be given to the whole Humanity until his end if they are enough numerous to reproduce.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I've made Miis on my DS of most of the KS cast.

I've even brought Hanako over to my Smash bros game where she makes a decent sword fighter.
Not Dead Yet
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Just got Sims 2 recently, with all the crazy expansions. Couldn't be bothered to reference the game backgrounds for an accurately-modeled Yamaku so I stuffed Hanako into the Satou household. May also create the Hakamichi house. And the Shanghai, where Misha will live with Yuuko. :lol:
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Charmant wrote: And the Shanghai, where Misha will live with Yuuko. :lol:
"ALL~ THE PARFAITS, WAHAHAHAHA~!"
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
neio

Post by neio »

Charmant wrote:Couldn't be bothered to reference the game backgrounds for an accurately-modeled Yamaku
In case you change your mind and need better angles, the pictures are from Brown University.
Recommended fics: A pseudo-pseudo Suzu Route | Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) | Can You Open Your Heart? (Rika)

(New) Movie contest: From which 2012 film did I mangle this quote? Prize: Humble Bundle
You're worried about the Nurse? Try the mom.
ilFogo

Post by ilFogo »

When you wake up in the morning and the first thing you say is "Hanako!"

PS. A little bit of context, the tune that plays with my alarm (phone) sounds a lot like a KS song.
"It's not a lake, it's an ocean"
-Alan Wake
brythain

Post by brythain »

… you look at the Civ: Beyond Earth trailers and imagine that after the starships leave, Rin is sitting in the remains of a ruined earth painting pictures of the apocalypse.
Last edited by brythain on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

When you read a piece of literature, and all the characters that pop up in your head are either Hisao, Shizune, or any of te KS cast.

...it always gives me ideas to write another fiction despite knowing I still have something to complete.
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

So I'm watching Godzilla vs Gamera in Screwattck's Death Battle series on youtube and when going over a list of Gamera's strengths and feats, they included the fact that he survived a nuclear blast that completely destroyed Sendai. My genuine reaction was "Oh Dear God, no!"
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Charmant

Post by Charmant »

Rhodri wrote:So I'm watching Godzilla vs Gamera in Screwattck's Death Battle series on youtube and when going over a list of Gamera's strengths and feats, they included the fact that he survived a nuclear blast that completely destroyed Sendai. My genuine reaction was "Oh Dear God, no!"
:lol: Oh good lord. This is some crazy crossover potential...
KSPuff

Post by KSPuff »

Check Amazon for KS stuff and find a Shizune "Do it For Her" Pillow:
(snip)

Then get tempted to buy it... :lol:
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Godfuckingdammit.

I wish you people realized that bootleg merch is a slap in the face of our policy of keeping KS free before blithely linking. Takedown notice filed, yet again. :evil:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.