You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by SpunkySix »

Broomhead wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:There's this Alpha-stage base building game called Rimworld; you basically get three survivors and have to survive on a desolate border planet and eventually escape it. It's fun, google it.

ANYWAYS, you can name your first colonists whatever the hell you want.
I have a 3DS. Got Tomodachi Life, made all of the main girls. My in-game persona asked Rin out (I didn't push him into it) and got rejected and depressed for a day. It was bitterly hilarious.
Rin: I can't deal with your shit right now, I'm mixing paints.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Guest Poster wrote:Heh, no thanks. Everyone being connected is a bit of a pet issue of mine and I'm already one of the few people who doesn't ship Kenji and Yuuko for that exact purpose. I like to imagine all the characters (main ones, supporting cast and extras/characters without lines) all have friends, families and partners of their own and the fact that we don't get to see them just means that the KS universe doesn't stop beyond the boundaries of Hisao's line of vision. I personally think that the Kenji/Yuuko ship was a remainder of the Act 1 demo, where the reasoning was: "Well, Kenji mentioned an ex-girlfriend, but aside from the 6 main girls, there's only two other females. Akira's not an extremely likely choice, so therefore it HAS to be Yuuko."

It always feels a bit claustrophobic to me when that kind of spare-pairing is done.
I don't have a problem with it when there's logic to it. Kenji does have an interest in books, as seen in the scene where he's carrying an armload of them, so him dating the librarian isn't all that farfetched. I am not, however, one of those people who think Yuuko was Kenji's True Love. Seriously, how many fanfics out there have them getting and staying back together? I could easily see them breaking up even if Kenji weren't a few bricks short of a Lego set.

And bringing things back to the topic title: You know you've been playing too much KS when you have a serious opinion on a relationship that's only hinted at in the game, and may not even have existed in the first place.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
brythain

Post by brythain »

… you decide that all the people at Yamaku end up with each other more often than others simply because that's where they spent their formative years, and it was the first place where many of them were treated as if they were 'normal human beings', unlike the way they might have been treated in much of the rest of Japan. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
d2r

Post by d2r »

Broomhead wrote:Whenever I think of Rin, I shake my head to get her out.
Why do you feel the need to "get her out"? I mean, it's normal to think about things you've read every now and again; thought suppression seems...unhealthy.
Comrade wrote:infinite options does not mean all options, just like that between every two numbers there are infinite numbers, but not all.

If I see that sentence anywhere I am going to send your head to your mother with a replacment order
If you like a moodier fanfic, why not try mine?
brythain

Post by brythain »

d2r wrote:
Why do you feel the need to "get her out"? I mean, it's normal to think about things you've read every now and again; thought suppression seems...unhealthy.
Maybe he means 'set her free'… or perhaps it's only a sweeping statement.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

d2r wrote: Why do you feel the need to "get her out"? I mean, it's normal to think about things you've read every now and again; thought suppression seems...unhealthy.
I'm a bit worried I'm going to get yelled at for it, but I have a "Young Frankenstein" reaction to a lot of the music and often get into a whirl of emotion if I think of KS. So, if I were to suddenly break into a bout of depression or get all jittery in class, it would have negative consequences. I relate a lot to Rin in many aspects (heck, I'd probably be an artist like my parents if it weren't for an incident when I was younger.) so I often think of her (I should keep a WWRD bracelet) at inappropriate times.

So if I think of her in class or at a family dinner, I try to stop before I start to look like someone just shot my grandmother or gave me the power of shape-shifting. I also CaramellDansen uncontrollably when I'm happy and bored, so breaking out into that would be rather rude.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

... whenever you have a spare time for yourself where nothing is distracting you, say like the bathroom, you immediatly think of the soundtrack of katawa shoujo and play them in your head.

^Yeah this happens almost every time where my mind goes to tracks like painfull history, student council, concord, etc involunterarly.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

d2r wrote:
Get it out get it out get it out
Get your fucking voice
Out of my head

I never wanted this
I never wanted any of this
I wish you were dead

From "The Kiss" by The Cure, about trying to keep feelings for somebody out of your mind when you know they won't go anywhere.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

SpunkySix wrote:
d2r wrote:
Get it out get it out get it out
Get your fucking voice
Out of my head

I never wanted this
I never wanted any of this
I wish you were dead

From "The Kiss" by The Cure, about trying to keep feelings for somebody out of your mind when you know they won't go anywhere.
I actually got a different lyric...

Get her out~
Get her out~
Get her voice out of my head~

Get her out~
Get her out~
I'll think someone else instead~
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

KeiichiO wrote:
Khalego wrote:You do know there isn't actually a tiny redhead inside your head in those scenarios, right? :P
When I was little, I used to believe there was a demon feline girl living inside of me, like I was a jinchuriki, or something. I was made fun of for it, and kinda rightly so, now that I think about it.

---
I actually haven't played KS in nearly a year. Bummer.
Eh, I was in a cult of sorts for a time. Shit happens.

More to topic, I've been playing Okami and pretending the whole thing is in Rin's head. :lol:
Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Khalego wrote:More to topic, I've been playing Okami and pretending the whole thing is in Rin's head. :lol:
...it isn't? :shock:
brythain

Post by brythain »

SpunkySix wrote:
Khalego wrote:More to topic, I've been playing Okami and pretending the whole thing is in Rin's head. :lol:
...it isn't? :shock:
I saw that, and then I realised I'd also been playing Kami and pretending the whole thing is in Rin's head. :D
brythain

Post by brythain »

… I found Hisao in a Menya Musashi restaurant having lunch with Shizune. She had white-soup chashu ramen and curry ika on the side; he had red-soup chashu ramen and gyoza on the side. Both were having houji tea. They shared macha pancakes and a Hokkaido milk pudding for dessert. Then I realised the couple was me and my wife. :D
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:… I found Hisao in a Menya Musashi restaurant having lunch with Shizune. She had white-soup chashu ramen and curry ika on the side; he had red-soup chashu ramen and gyoza on the side. Both were having houji tea. They shared macha pancakes and a Hokkaido milk pudding for dessert. Then I realised the couple was me and my wife. :D
Ok, route is now canon.
GGWP
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Megumeru wrote:
brythain wrote:… I found Hisao in a Menya Musashi restaurant having lunch with Shizune. She had white-soup chashu ramen and curry ika on the side; he had red-soup chashu ramen and gyoza on the side. Both were having houji tea. They shared macha pancakes and a Hokkaido milk pudding for dessert. Then I realised the couple was me and my wife. :D
Ok, route is now canon.
GGWP
I would be very happy if this was the case, given the amount of people that say 'they'd never work.'
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.