You have been playing too much KS when...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: You have been playing too much KS when...

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Had a rather nice moment today listening to Bach's Cello Suites, and I realised at one point I was listening to BWV1010: Sarabande - the music playing from the music box Hisao bought Lilly. I'm just pleased I didn't start crying like the wuss I am :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

brythain

Post by brythain »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Had a rather nice moment today listening to Bach's Cello Suites, and I realised at one point I was listening to BWV1010: Sarabande - the music playing from the music box Hisao bought Lilly. I'm just pleased I didn't start crying like the wuss I am :P
Noooooooo… that piece has been haunting my dreams sporadically ever since.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

I don't even remember the music box tune.

Does that make me basically Hitler?

You've been exposed to too much KS in general when you see a piece of art and immediately associate it with KS because it looks somewhat stylistically similar to a piece of non-canon KS art you saw in an artbook once.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:I don't even remember the music box tune.

You've been exposed to too much KS in general when you see a piece of art and immediately associate it with KS because it looks somewhat stylistically similar to a piece of non-canon KS art you saw in an artbook once.
I'm pretty sure anime looks Katawa Shoujo-esque to me now and not the other way around.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

SpunkySix wrote:

I'm pretty sure anime looks Katawa Shoujo-esque to me now and not the other way around.
Yeah, I'm guilty of this one, though I've watched enough to be able to start differentiating now :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

emmjay

Post by emmjay »

SpunkySix wrote:

I'm not quite to that point, although I do think every animesque girl with light-colored twintails looks like Emi now.
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

poopooface wrote:Nice Zuuko avatar.
Thanks, brah.

When you start shipping Hanako with Zuko in your diseased mind...
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

KeiichiO wrote:
Thanks, brah.

I smell crossover!

...What, Hanako is Zuko and Lilly is Toph, so you're a third of the way there already.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Sohtak

Post by Sohtak »

Hoitash wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:
Thanks, brah.

I smell crossover!

...What, Hanako is Zuko and Lilly is Toph, so you're a third of the way there already.
That..actually makes alot of sense. Toph is Lilly minus the..foot..fetish..weird thing >.>

Hanako would be Zuko

Ang would be..Hisao I suppose? Not entirely broken per say but..still quite an idiot, Growing and maturing through his experiences.

Kenjii would probably the Cabbages guy....it fits too well.
Potato

Post by Potato »

Sohtak wrote:Toph is Lilly minus [/s]the..foot..fetish..weird thing >.>[/s]Lilly's looks, behavior, personality, nymphomania...
Indeed.

I may have briefly considered building a custom computer case that's basically a big KS heart logo...
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

I tried pixelart today in this fun little game called the Sandbox which you can get on the iPad. It's kinda nice and relaxing.

Anyways, the first thing I drew was a really shitty Hanako. Like, really terrible. If you want, I can post a picture of it, but...
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

ParagonTerminus wrote:I tried pixelart today in this fun little game called the Sandbox which you can get on the iPad. It's kinda nice and relaxing.

Anyways, the first thing I drew was a really shitty Hanako. Like, really terrible. If you want, I can post a picture of it, but...
You can't just say that and not post it.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

SpunkySix wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:I tried pixelart today in this fun little game called the Sandbox which you can get on the iPad. It's kinda nice and relaxing.

You can't just say that and not post it.
Haha, okay, I'll polish it a little and then post it.

Also, today I got a pretty nasty burn on my leg. First thought? Huh, now I'm like Hanako. (It wasn't all across my body, just in one spot, but dammit it stings like a sonofabitch)

Also, had a very odd thought: Katawa Shoujo, but everybody with opposite genders. Well damn.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
brythain

Post by brythain »

"… dearest Lils, may I offer you this ring?"

"How charming. It does seem a little chunky, though. May I try it on?"

And thus was our love Kindled. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Oh, fuck me.

brythain, I have this fictional place in the forums called the "Sorry Corner". You ought to put up some curtains, rearrrange the furniture a bit and whatnot since you seem to be pretty much a fixed resident already. :(
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.