Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Megumeru »

I think it's a good idea.

Because think about it like this: if some douche stole that iPAD of yours, read KS that is installed there, then had the FEELS...

it's technically a win-win situation right? He has your iPAD, you spread the word about KS, and both of you has the FEELs.

See? Win-win
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
FluffandCrunch

Post by FluffandCrunch »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Absolutely god-awful idea. Do you seriously want to be playing KS on the bus or elsewhere in public, and then start breaking down when you get to Hanako's bad ending (or a similarly heartcrushing scene)?
:Imagines that happening:

Oh, God, please no....
newnar

Post by newnar »

Megumeru wrote:I think it's a good idea.

Because think about it like this: if some douche stole that iPAD of yours, read KS that is installed there, then had the FEELS...

it's technically a win-win situation right? He has your iPAD, you spread the word about KS, and both of you has the FEELs.

See? Win-win
Dafuq did I just read? I don't even.
Blicer

Post by Blicer »

I would replay the game again every route on my phone if it was ported onto there. I wish it was honestly.
Hector

Post by Hector »

Wouldn't it be easier to put it in the iPhone since mOst people have it jailbroken anyways! they can download apps that apple doesn't allow! It's a start for mobile section but maybe it will take off from their. Mostly everyone I know has an iPhone but no laptop and I want them to play ks so they can feel the same way I felt. I wish they would put it on the iPhone.
Blicer

Post by Blicer »

Hector wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to put it in the iPhone since mOst people have it jailbroken anyways! they can download apps that apple doesn't allow! It's a start for mobile section but maybe it will take off from their. Mostly everyone I know has an iPhone but no laptop and I want them to play ks so they can feel the same way I felt. I wish they would put it on the iPhone.
it would lend itself well to android phones as well :p since everything is so open anyway.
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

newnar wrote:Dafuq did I just read? I don't even.
Did I just made you...

SHII-HAEL!
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
rydiafan

Post by rydiafan »

yes i can see the public reaction to playing KS in public .....
" so what is the point of the game ?? " someone asks as they look over your shoulder
" you try to bulid a relationship with one of 5 disabled girls " you say
" your fucked up in the head " they say back

like most adult themed games it should not be on a moble phone ... should be enjoyed in private
Pechee

Post by Pechee »

This would be nice, tho Im not expecting port for phones since devs obviously aren't developing KS anymore and I really doubt that anyone around the internet would make effort this big. Especially since devs are against it.

But yeah am I really the only one that is sick of all time-killer games for phones..? I mean I have to travel pretty often and those trips take more than 2 hours. Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
...And you thought your English was bad
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Pechee wrote:But yeah am I really the only one that is sick of all time-killer games for phones..? I mean I have to travel pretty often and those trips take more than 2 hours. Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
Anything made by PopCap is above average (i.e. Plants vs. Zombies), but yeah, most of the rest is time-killing garbage.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
newnar

Post by newnar »

rydiafan wrote:yes i can see the public reaction to playing KS in public .....
" so what is the point of the game ?? " someone asks as they look over your shoulder

like most adult themed games it should not be on a moble phone ... should be enjoyed in private
In that case scream back at them,"Yes I am, whatchu gonna"do 'bout it?"
pjhoodsta

Post by pjhoodsta »

Mysterious Stranger wrote:Absolutely god-awful idea. Do you seriously want to be playing KS on the bus or elsewhere in public, and then start breaking down when you get to Hanako's bad ending (or a similarly heartcrushing scene)?

How embarrassing. Besides, KS isn't exactly a casual time-killer of a game like Angry Birds.
Hell why not?

I can use my time effectively to complete KS.

I don't feel like open my laptop in a bus to play KS.

Yet... I would feel extremely awkward when a H scene appears in my mobile while I am in a bus with total strangers.

especially Emi's "Anal"

I won't disagree with mobile concept.

There has been mobile portable for those dating sim games in Japan (and possibly S.Korea too).

I wonder 4LS or somebody gonna do it though.
youka

Post by youka »

rydiafan wrote:" so what is the point of the game ?? " someone asks as they look over your shoulder
lol, thats what i would have said before playing it myself. But i dont agree with a mobile version any more though, i think it should be enjoyed in private too.

And i doubt 4LS will EVER do it. They said strictly in the game faq that there are no ports and they wont allow anyone to port it either.
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

Pechee wrote: Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
Oh.

Ooh...

OOOOOOOOOOOOH....

anyone want to make an iPad/iPhone fangame of KS where you fling Yukkuri Hisao into 5 Yukkuri heroines inside a building and whatnot?

SHII-HAEL!
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Megumeru wrote:
Pechee wrote: Good luck with flinging birds to pigs and buildings all that time.. I do have psp and laptop but android game with proper story would be great since I have phone always with me.
Oh.

Ohhh...?

OOOOOOOOOOOOH....
Well then I won't use the word crispy!
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |