Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Megumeru

Re: Katawa Shoujo... Mobile?

Post by Megumeru »

Mysterious Stranger wrote: Well then I won't use the word crispy!
SHE TASTES LIKE BACON~!
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Flappy

Post by Flappy »

Sorry for reviving month-old thread.

I'm not really surprised that dev's mind spending next few months updating engine, just to let us play on our mobile devices. Anyway, thanks to one clever guy, we can probably do it ourselves. Well, actually I've been able to decompile rpyc's from game folder and succesfully run the game using decompiled versions. Still, I probably won't be able to update engine myself.. I have never met renpy before. :p
youka

Post by youka »

Flappy wrote:Sorry for reviving month-old thread.

I'm not really surprised that dev's mind spending next few months updating engine, just to let us play on our mobile devices. Anyway, thanks to one clever guy, we can probably do it ourselves. Well, actually I've been able to decompile rpyc's from game folder and succesfully run the game using decompiled versions. Still, I probably won't be able to update engine myself.. I have never met renpy before. :p
either way, they've already stated clearly on the game's license/rules on this very forum that ports are not allowed and that they won't give permission to whoever asks. if it was allowed, i would have ported it myself long ago :mrgreen:
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Flappy

Post by Flappy »

youka wrote: if it was allowed, i would have ported it myself long ago :mrgreen:
If that would be that easy, then someone would port it anyway Without really bothering about anyone's permission. :roll:
Well, to be honest, I'm living in the country where not giving permission only encourages people to do so(Guess which country it is. And no, it's not Russia. xd). :mrgreen:
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Flappy wrote:
youka wrote: if it was allowed, i would have ported it myself long ago :mrgreen:
If that would be that easy, then someone would port it anyway Without really bothering about anyone's permission. :roll:
Well, to be honest, I'm living in the country where not giving permission only encourages people to do so(Guess which country it is. And no, it's not Russia. xd). :mrgreen:
Belgium. No doubt.
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
youka

Post by youka »

Flappy wrote:If that would be that easy, then someone would port it anyway Without really bothering about anyone's permission. :roll:
no idea about your country, but i live in south africa. u dont get get permission here then just stab the guy in charge and steal it for yourself, lol :mrgreen:
Hanako Dash - what REAL MEN do when they're bored: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5547 :D
- -youka
Flappy

Post by Flappy »

Nope, It's Poland. :p Now you mentioned it, Belgium fits to my description as well. xd
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Well, I'll have all of you know that I am a native citizen of the United States, and everything here in the U.S.A. is absolutely perfect. It's a veritable utopia, in fact.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
munkeh

Post by munkeh »

I would love this on mobile. Most phones would be perfect. I do love this game, but playing it on my gaming pc kinda feels wasteful. I can either go full screen and be annoyed by the graphics, or have it floating around my screen. This game should be played as a centerpiece and phone screens would fit it well. I have much more time in my normal daily life on my phone and having this device full capable of playing gta 3 or Max Payne should have something as simple and beautiful as KS on it. I feel like I need to learn android dev and make this app.
Pokeman

Post by Pokeman »

There's not much hope for KS on a mobile device. Might as well accept it and move on.
However, someone else on the forum had mentioned something called TeamViewer. It allows you to access your computer from your smartphone and such.
With TeamViewer, you could play KS on your phone, but you're technically playing it on your computer. There's also no sound with TeamViewer, however.
Mysterious Stranger

Post by Mysterious Stranger »

Pokeman wrote:There's not much hope for KS on a mobile device. Might as well accept it and move on.
However, someone else on the forum had mentioned something called TeamViewer. It allows you to access your computer from your smartphone and such.
With TeamViewer, you could play KS on your phone, but you're technically playing it on your computer. There's also no sound with TeamViewer, however.
Sounds great, but something of a kick in the teeth to the ceaselessly wondrous KS soundtrack.
| Can you see what I see? | To the end of the Waltz... | First stop, Nagoya! | Oh, come, lovely child! | To the World of Dreams | Pray to become starry sky tomorrow... | Please... forget about me... | No music, no future |
munkeh

Post by munkeh »

I will not port it and I know the developers and probably anyone else on this forum won't, but I think there is a way to open .exe using a browser so Ill try that. Hopefully that doesn't count as a port if it stays as an exe.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

munkeh wrote:I will not port it and I know the developers and probably anyone else on this forum won't, but I think there is a way to open .exe using a browser so Ill try that. Hopefully that doesn't count as a port if it stays as an exe.
That wouldn't be a port so you're fine.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
Dream

Post by Dream »

Don't really see why anyone would want to play KS on their phones though, the way i see it, it could only hurt the experience.
"It is not reason, more or less furnished, but will that makes the world march"

"Unfortunately, if you can think of something really stupid, someone out there probably believes it." -Xanatos
TunaSandwich

Post by TunaSandwich »

My studying would go down the toilet if there was a mobile version :D
Still it would be pretty baller.
If i had to only keep one of my senses it would be my hearing.
Can't live without music.