Hanako's Broken Heart Club

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Zarys

Re: Hanako's Broken Heart Club

Post by Zarys »

I don't have something to say about it (never lived something like that and don't have a clue about what you must do,sorry) but my heart goes out to you. :)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

As someone who has been in a similar situation, azumeow, I have to ask (and I apologize if this comes across the wrong way):

Are you sure you're in love with her or are you in love with the ideal of her and what she represents?
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
300BillionDegrees

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

Wow. Back on topic with a vengeance! Considering my own past, however, I don't think I have any useful advice :(
ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

I dont know what either of you haven been through but I think if both of you want to succeed at this relationship, you gonna need to have a serious talk with her and about both yours and her actions so things like faking suicides or cancer stuff dont come later again. Both parties need to be willing to change for it to succeed.

Not sure what else I can say, im no expert on relationships so yeah, just thought it sounded the most logical in my mind. Hope it works out for you.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

azumeow wrote: -snip-
I can relate. I've had my own run in with depression and I went as far to consider suicide (Never attempted thank god). My girlfriend, and we make no sense together, is also suicidal. She actually attempted it, but for some reason when we got together, both of us stopped even remotely thinking about it. We were hardly ever depressed, because we could always count on each other and lean on one another for emotional support.

What you need to do is ask yourself: Is you Ex someone who when you need her, she'll be there? And can you do be there for her when SHE needs it too? After that, well, then you have to make sure you two still like each other enough to be together. If you and her truly want to be together, you can work out what happened, and hopefully move on and be happy again. Depression sucks.

That one guy who likes Shizune more than the others.
Shizune>>Emi>Rin≥Misha>Hanako>Lily

azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Eurobeatjester wrote: Are you sure you're in love with her or are you in love with the ideal of her and what she represents?
This is a good question. I don't think I'm in love with her anymore. I still care about her, but not as much as I used to. I'd like to give it another shot, but as I said, I'm not gonna be super wrecked if it doesn't work out that way. If it doesn't, I'll move on.
ogorhan wrote:I dont know what either of you haven been through but I think if both of you want to succeed at this relationship, you gonna need to have a serious talk with her and about both yours and her actions so things like faking suicides or cancer stuff dont come later again. Both parties need to be willing to change for it to succeed.
Definitely gonna happen. I've already mentioned how I feel bad for what I'd done in the past, and she's said she's forgiven me. Of course, when we actually meet up, this talk will probably happen.
minimike96 wrote: What you need to do is ask yourself: Is you Ex someone who when you need her, she'll be there? And can you do be there for her when SHE needs it too? After that, well, then you have to make sure you two still like each other enough to be together. If you and her truly want to be together, you can work out what happened, and hopefully move on and be happy again. Depression sucks.
She'll be there for me. But I don't know if I'll be there for her. I've always been weaker than her mentally and emotionally, and we both know that. But this time around, I'm really gonna try to be there for her more. Like I said, I want to be a better person than I was before. I want to be the type of person who is ready to support the people he cares about, even if I have my own issues to worry about.

Thanks for all the support, y'all. We'll find out in a few days what's gonna happen...
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I'm with Zarys(spelt it like Varys at first:P), I can't really say much. If you think it might work again, take a shot. If I were you I'd date her for a bit and see where the road takes me. Hope it ends well for ya friend. We'll be here waiting for ya, you're kinda odd extended family :lol:
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

azumeow wrote: -snip-
Best of luck! Hope everything works out for ya!

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

azumemow, I think you want to change and improve your life. That you have a history with this girl and things seem to sort of go okay with you means you see her as a springboard for doing this - but do you really expect it can last? After all this shit? Or is she the nearest convenient person to grab onto and haul yourself out of the quicksand with?

You need to ask yourself that, because your convictions seem to be more proving to the world (and yourself) that you don't care what it thinks, what it does, you will rise above it and be stronger. If you try to do so with someone who has so much negativity attached, where things are already a bit shaky, aren't you risking falling back in deeper and harder unless your intent is to use them to slingshot yourself upwards... and then let go and enjoy the momentum?

The happy ending has you with enough momentum to carry her up with you, but you know happy endings...
minimike96

Post by minimike96 »

metalangel wrote:azumemow, I think you want to change and improve your life. That you have a history with this girl and things seem to sort of go okay with you means you see her as a springboard for doing this - but do you really expect it can last? After all this shit? Or is she the nearest convenient person to grab onto and haul yourself out of the quicksand with?

You need to ask yourself that, because your convictions seem to be more proving to the world (and yourself) that you don't care what it thinks, what it does, you will rise above it and be stronger. If you try to do so with someone who has so much negativity attached, where things are already a bit shaky, aren't you risking falling back in deeper and harder unless your intent is to use them to slingshot yourself upwards... and then let go and enjoy the momentum?

The happy ending has you with enough momentum to carry her up with you, but you know happy endings...
Happy Endings are false. There really is only an ending. There will always be pain and sadness, but also always be happiness and joy.
This is something he needs to do regardless of if it works out or not. He needs to try, not for anyone but himself. Maybe I'm taking this way too personally for someone who just started posting, but I've dealt with what he's going through. And I know that the only way you're gonna be happy, is if you just try and make it work

LilyKitsune

Post by LilyKitsune »

azumeow wrote:She'll be there for me. But I don't know if I'll be there for her. I've always been weaker than her mentally and emotionally, and we both know that. But this time around, I'm really gonna try to be there for her more. Like I said, I want to be a better person than I was before. I want to be the type of person who is ready to support the people he cares about, even if I have my own issues to worry about.
This all feels... off to me. It seems more than one person was worried about you seeing an ideal version of her with only the good moments and none of the bad. But i worry you're doing that to yourself a bit. Seeing an ideal version of oneself and getting involved like its a test of yourself more than anything.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

minimike96 wrote: Happy Endings are false. There really is only an ending. There will always be pain and sadness, but also always be happiness and joy.
Truer words were never spoken. I just believe that there may be multiple roads to this ending.

azumeow

Post by azumeow »

metalangel wrote:azumemow, I think you want to change and improve your life. That you have a history with this girl and things seem to sort of go okay with you means you see her as a springboard for doing this - but do you really expect it can last? After all this shit? Or is she the nearest convenient person to grab onto and haul yourself out of the quicksand with?

Well, we've decided to be friends. Which does help deal with some of the complicated BS here. My intent wasn't to use her as a way to slingshot my way up. I was planning on developing a large and strong net of support between my friends and family. That plan is still the same, but with her role just not as significant. It's gonna be a long ride, and I don't wanna put all my eggs in any one basket, because holy shit that is a terrible idea.
LilyKitsune wrote:
This all feels... off to me. It seems more than one person was worried about you seeing an ideal version of her with only the good moments and none of the bad. But i worry you're doing that to yourself a bit. Seeing an ideal version of oneself and getting involved like its a test of yourself more than anything.
This isn't really a test for me. It's part of the road that I believe will make me happy. Learning to let go of anger, open up to others and being there for other people rather than being constantly absorbed in my own problems will, ultimately, make my life easier. If I'm able to help my friends and loved ones deal with things that are bothering them, it makes me feel better about myself. It makes them feel better about the issue at hand. It's good for everybody. I am seeing some idealized version of myself, but I think of it more as a goal rather than a test. The ultimate point is to better myself, not reach some pre-conceived standard. Currently, I'm sort of a misanthropic, pretty self-centered asshole. I'm a decent friend, but if things get shaky for me, I clam up and shut the world out. That's just really unhealthy, and it's caused me a lot of problems before.

I hope that made sense. I just wanna be a better and happier person, no matter where I am, what I'm doing or who I'm with.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Wow, it's been just over a day since I got back home.

I remember why I was so fucking eager to go off to college now. Between getting guilt-tripped over my sexual assault, my crazy fucking mother and my total lack of friends in this shithole of a town, it's a god damned wonder I didn't just swan dive off my roof into the pavement.

Now I remember why I almost never socialize with other human beings, because this is the behavior I expect from them. Kill me.
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

"Happy" Thanksgiving. :/