Shizune
42%
Misha
12%

Total votes: 785

someguy1294

Re: Least favorite girl?

Post by someguy1294 »

For quite some time, Shizune was my least favorite girl.

And by quite some time, I mean before I played through her route. You can go ahead and say 'I told you so' now, Atario. :oops:

In that respect, Shizune is a bit like Hanako to me: I disliked both of them initially (Shizune for his aggressiveness, Hanako for her timidness), but they grew on me once I got into their routes and got a better idea of their depth of character. Shizune can still be a little grating, but I've come to appreciate her playfulness and energy. And the fact that dragged Hisao out of a pit of catatonic despair. Shizune isn't the kind of girl I'd want to be involved with, but I guess she IS the kind of girl Hisao ought to be involved with. She's a good influence on him.

Lilly is my least favorite girl because CONTENT BLOCKED TO AVOID FLAME WAR.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

May as well add a bit more here...

The fact that so many people dislike Rin shocks me. You emotionally shallow Lilly lovers. >:I

For Shizune's case, to quote Cleveland Brown: "Not one of you find power sexy?".
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Thing is, I couldn't get into Rin.
Loads of people say she's deep and mysterious, but to me she's just confusing. I'm not a fan of that, personally. I prefer a rather straightforward explanation, rather than riddles and tangents.

On top of that, before I played her route I was hearing loads of big things about it. She is one of the top bestgirls, after all. Unfortunately, I wasn't too impressed. It just seemed a bit hyped up for what it was; A confused girl trying to figure out what a group of butterflies was called. She didn't seem very happy often, either. Not nearly as happy or bubbly as bestgirl Emi is.

I do like Shizune though, at least she can have fun :P
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
brythain

Post by brythain »

I think of it in terms of how I can tell each girl's story. I find Rin the greatest challenge because even she can't tell her own story. We don't know anything much for sure because she is the most unreliable of unreliable narrators.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:Lilly is my least favorite girl because CONTENT BLOCKED TO AVOID FLAME WAR.
It's because she's Scottish, isn't it? Racist. :x
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Munchenhausen wrote:Thing is, I couldn't get into Rin.
Loads of people say she's deep and mysterious, but to me she's just confusing. I'm not a fan of that, personally. I prefer a rather straightforward explanation, rather than riddles and tangents.
The fact that Rin is complex and confusing is one of the things that makes her so much darn fun to read. Curiosity is the heart of romance, and Rin is a puzzle worth grappling with.

To me, at least.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Tidus wrote:For Shizune's case, to quote Cleveland Brown: "Not one of you find power sexy?".
Oh, I do. Emi has plenty of that, even without legs.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Did you even play the route? That happens automatically.
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

SpunkySix wrote:
Tidus wrote:For Shizune's case, to quote Cleveland Brown: "Not one of you find power sexy?".
She certainly does. And I think, my part of liking Shizune was her power. I find that attractive. Yet, oddly, I also find Hanako's personality even more attractive. Now, clearly they may be my waifus and not real. But the decisions you make reflect the ones you would make IRL. And the women I date, tend to be similar.

Rin...I don't think I could date a girl like Rin. I'd be best friends with a girl like Rin. But I do love her route.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Tidus wrote:The fact that so many people dislike Rin shocks me.
What Munchenhausen said, plus her whole deal is that it's hard to connect with her. Shouldn't be a surprise when people have trouble connecting with her.

Also, "least favorite" ≠ "dislike".
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Tidus wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
Rin...I don't think I could date a girl like Rin. I'd be best friends with a girl like Rin.
Yeah, this. I love Rin to death and anybody that hurts her is getting bashed, but I just don't think I could romance her. She's too... teddy bear cute, to me. It'd be like dating a really interesting pillow.

And the whole point of dating to me would be doing less hugging of pillows in an attempt to feel love.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

SpunkySix wrote:
Did you even play the route? That happens automatically.
Ba-Dum-Tssch
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Potato

Post by Potato »

SpunkySix wrote:It'd be like dating a really interesting pillow.
This is a very Rin statement.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:It'd be like dating a really interesting pillow.
This is a very Rin statement.
Huh, that it is. See? We'd be cool, her and I.
brythain

Post by brythain »

After looking at the patterns of readership in our beloved fanfic library, my conclusion is that Rin is least favoured and Hanako most favoured in terms of readership per piece over time. I genuinely wonder why. Is it because Hanako stories are heavier on the emotional impact, perhaps?
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)