Venting about Shizune's Bad ending...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Oddball

Re: Venting about Shizune's Bad ending...

Post by Oddball »

I kind kinda see how Misha wouldn't know how to handle Shizune. From what we can gather, Shizune rejected her while at the same time saying they should be best friends and always hang out together and such.
Not Dead Yet
Gandara

Post by Gandara »

Oddball wrote:I kind kinda see how Misha wouldn't know how to handle Shizune. From what we can gather, Shizune rejected her while at the same time saying they should be best friends and always hang out together and such.
Typical "friend-zone" behavior.
Diet / Exercise Tracker:
Original weight (1/1/12): 400 lbs. // Target weight: ??? lbs. // Current (1/28/13): 344 lbs. // Total lost: 56 lbs.
Current exercise: Workout 3-4x a week: jogging, weights
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies." - Andy Dufresne, "The Shawshank Redemption"
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

Friend zone + Shizune being a bad friend + her completely discarding Misha when she gets a sign language user that she likes more = 100% Misha's fault for not completely disowning Shizune for differing sexual orientations.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
nemz

Post by nemz »

Pickman's Model wrote:I like how you suggest that my friends and I are dicks for wanting to avoid awkward friendships (sure, some might be able to get over something like that, but I've never seen it work out)
It's only awkward if you make it awkward. If you REALLY want them as a friend then that means accepting them as they are and giving them the chance to do the same within the established boundaries of a non-romantic relationship. If you don't give the other that honest chance to accept the situation then you aren't really zoning them at all... you're saying do not want with a candy veneer.
and then go on to say that being able to "read" another person's mood, etc equals possessing supernatural powers. I'm going to wager that Shizune simply didn't care, or pay any attention, due to her personality. Personally, I think that makes her a bad friend, but you're entitled to your opinion.
Depends how well you know the person and how successful they are at hiding their emotions. Also, sometimes being a good friend means staying out of shit that doesn't concern you.

Shizune very clearly DOES care as soon as she becomes aware that there's a problem, though she doesn't know how to fix it. It's entirely possible she doesn't realize the reason for the problem in the first place, as we never get to see the content of the fight to know for sure what Misha does and does not reveal, and it's reasonable that Shizune might not guess what the true issue is because she thought Misha got over this a long time ago.
Dr. Robotnik wrote:completely discarding Misha when she gets a sign language user that she likes more
Except she doesn't do that at all. She makes it clear in act 3 that she still very much wants to make time to just hang out with Misha as friends in addition to the time the three of you are together. In fact, she probably still spends more time alone with Misha than she does alone with Hisao... it just feels like it's the other way around because we only see Hisao's POV with time skips over most of the periods when she isn't around.
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

That would make sense, except that those points were never even mentioned (usually they get a "X was busy with X so I'm doing Y today" or something) and the obvious neglect that Misha was feeling.
Last edited by Dr. Robotnik on Thu May 31, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
Pickman's Model

Post by Pickman's Model »

nemz wrote:It's only awkward if you make it awkward. If you REALLY want them as a friend then that means accepting them as they are and giving them the chance to do the same within the established boundaries of a non-romantic relationship. If you don't give the other that honest chance to accept the situation then you aren't really zoning them at all... you're saying do not want with a candy veneer.
Do I really have to give you a concrete example from my own life as to why it's not always "only awkward if you make it awkward"?

I'd say you're lucky if you havn't had to deal with shit that forced you to at least put a friendship "on hold".
R.I.P B.O'R
"He overdosed on patriotism."
-André 3000
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Do I really have to give you a concrete example from my own life as to why it's not always "only awkward if you make it awkward"?
I'm fairly sure that you're neither Shizune nor Misha, not positive mind you, but I'm willing to take that risk and say you're not either of them. Having said that, the only thing you would be proving by giving an example from your own life is that you have had at least one (possible more) bad experiences, not that those are the only types of experiences that a person can have.

And again, being neither Shizune nor Misha, and (I'm going out on a limb again) you''re probably not a disabled teenage Japanese girl, your experiences would most likely not reflect Misha and Shizune's experiences.

Please feel free to correct me if you are Misha, Shizune, or a disabled teenage Japanese girl and I will apologize.

And before I forget... :P
Not Dead Yet
Pickman's Model

You don't need to be someone else to be able to relate in some way; empathy isn't some kind of abstract concept.

I've had an experience which was fairly similar, but which I felt I handled a lot better than Shizune, since it didn't suddenly blow up like it did with their relationship. Don't think their relationship is going to last, either, especially if Misha leaves for America.
R.I.P B.O'R
-André 3000
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Mysterious Stranger wrote: Alright, now this post is so completely outside the realm of rational interpretation that I'm forced to assume that the Doctor is simply trolling.
I generally ignore the guy when he starts his creative explanations of Shizune's behaviour because there's too much tripe to refute, but he's one of the posters with a decent signal-to-noise ratio.
Pickman's Model wrote:
nemz wrote:It's only awkward if you make it awkward. If you REALLY want them as a friend then that means accepting them as they are and giving them the chance to do the same within the established boundaries of a non-romantic relationship. If you don't give the other that honest chance to accept the situation then you aren't really zoning them at all... you're saying do not want with a candy veneer.

I'd say you're lucky if you havn't had to deal with shit that forced you to at least put a friendship "on hold".
Your point of view is shared by Misha. nemz's is Shizune's.

Get it now?
Pickman's Model

Synthus wrote:Your point of view is shared by Misha. nemz's is Shizune's.

Get it now?
Yeah, I'd sort of realised at this point...

Guess that means I've got a secret crush on Nemz.
R.I.P B.O'R
-André 3000
Synthus

Post by Synthus »

Hah! Didn't know pudding bowl cuts were your thing. :wink:
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

I'M BACK BEECHES!! :twisted:

and look at how much things I want to reply/shot down/crush. I blame Blizzard and Diablo III for this...

so, shall we continue or should we end this?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
nemz

Post by nemz »

Synthus wrote:Your point of view is shared by Misha. nemz's is Shizune's.

Get it now?
No, now I'm confused. If Misha thinks it's bound to be awkward and horrible why does she stick around rather than taking the hint and moving on?

And no offense Pickman, but I don't want spiders getting anywhere near my jimmies. Can we just be internet friends? :mrgreen:
Rin > Shizune > Emi > Hanako > Lilly
Pickman's Model

nemz wrote:No, now I'm confused. If Misha thinks it's bound to be awkward and horrible why does she stick around rather than taking the hint and moving on?

And no offense Pickman, but I don't want spiders getting anywhere near my jimmies. Can we just be internet friends? :mrgreen:
I think he ment that I'm seeing things from Misha's POV (in that I would want a more obvious indication of what to do. Shizune telling Misha that she wanted her around, immediately after rejecting her, sends a bit of a mixed message), while you're more like Shizune (thinking that it was mostly Misha's fault for possibly misinterpreting what she said, and desperately waiting for her to come around). I honestly don't think one is more legit than the other; it's just a difference of opinion.

Also, you're just tsundere for spiders.
Last edited by Pickman's Model on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P B.O'R
-André 3000
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

Megumeru wrote:I'M BACK BEECHES!! :twisted:

and look at how much things I want to reply/shot down/crush. I blame Blizzard and Diablo III for this...

so, shall we continue or should we end this?
I....think it's about over. Girl 1 turns down girl 2 and thinks everything's okay because girl 2 doesn't say anything about it for years. Girl 1 can't hear girl 2 slowly breaking inside, and it just baffles everyone.

It turns out that everyone has their own way of handling the Friend Zone, some better than others.

The End.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.