Venting about Shizune's Bad ending...

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Ryusashi

Re: Venting about Shizune's Bad ending...

Post by Ryusashi »

Grand Strategy
Shizune: [...before either of you noticed me, i saw what you were saying. im not stupid.] [If i hadnt, i could still see through misha while we were walking back. Even if she hadnt told me everything later. She didnt make a big deal out of it, but any way you look at it, its my fault, isnt it?] and then
Spiral:
(during an internal rant with kenji){ I lied to Shizune through my teeth that nothing was wrong. Or, to be more exact, lied through my hands. And at the exact same time, i was carrying on a different conversation with Misha.
That conversation, understandably, could upset Shizune. But there was no way that should could have heard it. Even Mishas hands, usually signing all her thoughts , were completly still. Even if they werent, i was standing in front of her, blocking them from Shizunes view.
The only way that Shizune could listen in on that conversation would be if she could read lips. Pretty much the first thing id asked about when taking sign language was about lip reading, just out of curiosity. Its not easy, nor is it perfect... so i'd never consider it until now. It would make sense, and the room for misunderstandings while reading lips wouldnt help.}

So in bad ending, she can read lips (or its assumed). I met a girl who is deaf and can read lips. As long as you kept the sentences relativily short and no real tounge twister esque wording, she could carry a conversation for hours on end. And as smart as Shizune is, she could probably pick up words from the side as well. That scene does kind of mess with me a bit. How did she easedrop? If Hisao was blocking Mishas hands, then she would have had to look at his or her lips to grasp the convo, which means either misha was back to door and hisao was facing door, or vice versa. But in order to know what was said, she would need to look at both of their lips. So how much did she find out and from who? I guess we could assume Mishas lips... throws me off a bit.
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made
Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Ryusashi wrote:I met a girl who is deaf and can read lips. As long as you kept the sentences relativily short and no real tounge twister esque wording, she could carry a conversation for hours on end.
I worked with a hearing-impaired (but not completely deaf) girl who supplemented her limited hearing with lip reading. However, she could not read my lips -- probably due to the fact that I had speech problems growing up and did not form my words in a "standard" manner, so to speak.

So, yeah, it doesn't seem to be nearly as easy as fiction makes it out to be.
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
Ryusashi

Post by Ryusashi »

Oscar Wildecat wrote:
Ryusashi wrote:I met a girl who is deaf and can read lips. As long as you kept the sentences relativily short and no real tounge twister esque wording, she could carry a conversation for hours on end.
I worked with a hearing-impaired (but not completely deaf) girl who supplemented her limited hearing with lip reading. However, she could not read my lips -- probably due to the fact that I had speech problems growing up and did not form my words in a "standard" manner, so to speak.

So, yeah, it doesn't seem to be nearly as easy as fiction makes it out to be.
oh i know, trust me. first few months of talking to her was rather difficult at times because im a naturally fast speaker, and i do mess my words up a whole lot more than most. But, because i talked to her, i taught myself to slow down, and how to speak clear and calmly... which i seemed to have slacked on recently.....
"In order to understand, you must first understand how to understand. You can't know without knowing how you know. Same principle."
"Think about this; if I give you a lemon, is that life giving you lemons? Yes because I'm alive. But imagine what you can create with what life gives you. Now you have a weapon to shoot into peoples eyes, or make lemonade." Random quotes ive made