KS Academic Conference Paper - Seeking Help

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ivegottogodosomthing

Re: KS Academic Conference Paper - Seeking Help

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

I wonder what role being attracted to females has in the way many of us reacted to the game. I strongly doubt that many of us would have enjoyed the game as much as we did if we played a girl who had to date one of 6 guys. Women seem to have more empathy when it comes to things like that though, so it should be interesting to see your wife's reaction.
encrypted12345

Post by encrypted12345 »

ivegottogodosomthing wrote:I wonder what role being attracted to females has in the way many of us reacted to the game. I strongly doubt that many of us would have enjoyed the game as much as we did if we played a girl who had to date one of 6 guys. Women seem to have more empathy when it comes to things like that though, so it should be interesting to see your wife's reaction.
I know that there are girls on this forum that enjoy this game (GIRL rule of the internet be damned.) On a different forum, there's a feminist that enjoyed this game, but hated Kenji with a passion. That was funny to see.
gRaViJa

Post by gRaViJa »

Would love to read her posts lol
Emi's Couch to 5k
Completed!
6k personal record: 29m07
5k personal record: 27m48
1 mile personal record: 6m59

100 push-up challenge
Week 7: 25/25/25/25
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

encrypted12345 wrote:...On a different forum, there's a feminist that enjoyed this game, but hated Kenji with a passion. That was funny to see.
AHA! So there IS a Feminist Conspiriacy! WHY ELSE would she hate an obviously comical character so much? Clearly, Kenji has his animated finger on the pulse of the Feminist Underground!

Gotta go build mah bunker!!

:lol:
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Bigbishounen

Post by Bigbishounen »

Prof. Coyote wrote:As some folks have noted here, yes I have my 100 responses. I've compiled them all on a single Excel file, so that I can better analyze the results.

Now to the next phase ... the computer I had KS on died on me, so I need to re-download it. :oops: Another part of this is to observe someone else playing it and record their responses to the same questionnaire, so here comes the hard part: trying to convince my wife to play it.

I'll be getting to work on this once I have that part done. In the meantime, keep posting: this is interesting! :D
Professor,

Have you considered increasing your sample size of observed players? Not to tell you your business, but perhaps it would be useful to observe some people of different ages and backgrounds as they play. I'd imagine that your university could provide a broad sample of subjects for study. I'd be curious to see how say, older men and older women vs younger men and women react. If a familiarity with Anime and Japanese culture affects how people interact or react to the game, and what role the sex of the player has on their play. I don't know if that's outside the scope of your paper, but perhaps if more study is warranted, then it could be looked into.

Not that i have any vested interest in knowing this, I'm just honestly curious.

Looking forward to reading your paper. It should be quite enlightening.
Hisao: You want to know who I am? I'm the boy with the broken heart.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

Not sure if my post was included in your survey or not, but I recently did Rin's story as well, and editted my post to incoporate her into my answers as well, although precious little was actually chnaged.

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5462&start=106

Take the new version if you wish.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
Atario

Post by Atario »

Question: did this paper ever come out? I'd be fascinated to read it…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Atario wrote:Question: did this paper ever come out? I'd be fascinated to read it…
I second this.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Woody Alien

Post by Woody Alien »

Thirded.
Even if Prof. Coyote was last seen online in the forum over 2 years ago...
Katawa Shoujo is a game that, by all accounts, shouldn't exist, but it does and we're happier because of it!
Shizune è una porcona

Click here for real-life Misha: http://www.flickr.com/photos/daddy_mulk/8637512452/