Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Pl4t0

Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

Post by Pl4t0 »

I realize that there are others out there who enjoyed the route, but they seem to be the least vocal about it - while I'm not going to go so far as to say that it was the best, it certainly wasn't as terrible as so many have suggested. In fact, I don't think any of these routes can even be quantified in terms of "best" and "worst"; far too much of it is subjective to make blanket statements like that.

Voice your support here. I'll return later to defend my position.

EDIT: This is as much of a defense as you'll squeeze out of me tonight: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 579#p73578
Last edited by Pl4t0 on Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drake

Re: Am I the only one that enjoyed Shizune's route?

Post by Drake »

I wish to lay a beating onto her dad with a pogo stick.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

I loved her route, whilst its not filled with choices like the others it doesn't need to be, it fits Shizune just perfectly.

To the point, uncomplicated and if you stick with her it pays off.
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"
Pl4t0

Post by Pl4t0 »

Drake wrote:I wish to lay a beating onto her dad with a pogo stick.
I thought he was hilarious!

Moreover, Shizune's path was the funniest, in my opinion. Not exactly a major selling point, but it had the best Kenji rants by far, and her father was an absolute riot.
Drake

Post by Drake »

Pl4t0 wrote:
Drake wrote:I wish to lay a beating onto her dad with a pogo stick.
I thought he was hilarious!

Moreover, Shizune's path was the funniest, in my opinion. Not exactly a major selling point, but it had the best Kenji rants by far, and her father was an absolute riot.
Oh fine, I wish to lay a beating onto him with a trout then.
Kenji_SpecOps

Post by Kenji_SpecOps »

I liked it, but for the comedy.

You got to respect shizune's dad for telling Hisao about that gay ass sweater vest. It had to be done.
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Wasn't too fond of the ending, seemed so anti-climatic. Not sure about the bad route yet. Want to do all the good ones before I go back to do bad ones.
"We can not see past the present if we refuse to turn away from the steps we have already made in our wake."
Raiel

Post by Raiel »

No, you're not. I really liked and enjoyed it ^^
Okay, I liked the other routes, too (except for maybe Emi... though I liked a studious Hisao in Emi's Route more XD), but hers was really good.
Lilly (Good End on 1st try), Rin (Good End on 1st try), Emi (Bad End on 1st try), Shizune ("Bad" End on 1st try), Hanako Arch (Good End on 1st try)
Favorite Char: 1.Rin 2.Misha 3.Kenji
Favorite Couple: Lilly x Hisao, Hisao x Misha x Shizune
Special Mention: Jigoro (for being awesome), Yandere Hanako (USO DA!), Emi's mom (for being MILFy)
Least Favorite Char: Emi (by far)
iamnuff2

Post by iamnuff2 »

this route reminded me of my own high school experience, because where was a couple of deaf/hearing impaired kids in my school, the teachers made a big showing of it and we all learned a little sign language, thats about where the similarity ends though.
i "spoke" to the actual deaf boy a couple of times and he was a cool bro, the too "hearing impaired" kids where just assholes though, nothing to do with having hearing problems, just deeply unpleasant people.

playing this game or watching highschool anime always makes me think about my own school now, im getting a little older (almost 20) i think of how little actually happened in my school, i made a couple of friends, (only one of whom i am still in contact with) didnt start dating there was no student council, hell, even my grades where mediocre.

playing something like this makes me nostalgic, i feel like i got gyped on my high school experience, i want to go back and try again.

then i remember how much i HATED highschool, and i feel like slapping my self for wanting to go back
iamnuff

Post by iamnuff »

Pl4t0 wrote:I realize that there are others out there who enjoyed the route, but they seem to be the least vocal about it - while I'm not going to go so far as to say that it was the best, it certainly wasn't as terrible as so many have suggested. In fact, I don't think any of these routes can even be quantified in terms of "best" and "worst"; far too much of it is subjective to make blanket statements like that.

Voice your support here. I'll return later to defend my position.

least vocal?

interesting choice of words

:)
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I enjoyed her route, it just wasn't my favourite.

I guess I just felt the route didn't spend enough time exploring Shizune's personality as it did everyone elses.
I'd like to know why she made the choice not to ever let out sound, or how she feels about her clearly dysfunctional family but the story just sidesteps the whole thing.
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

Only thing I didn't like about Shizune's arc was that her family was so ashamed of having a daughter that was born with a disability that they would spend tons of money trying to force her to be normal instead of taking a little time and effort themselves to learn how to communicate with her. Must have been tough for her growing up knowing her parents didn't care enough for her to learn how to talk with her. Wouldn't be surprised if they locked her in a closet whenever they had guests so the perfect couple wouldn't have thier perfect friends seeing thier imperfect daughter.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

That little part contributed a whole lot more to why I think Jigoro is an asshat than all the insults he hurled at Hisao's skull all day. The protagonist-bashing was funny in a way. His attitude towards his own daughter was not. Although it does explain the part of Shizune's personality that won't let her take a backseat in anything that goes on at Yamaku.
ComradeLennon

Post by ComradeLennon »

I really liked Shizune's route, or maybe it was that I liked Shizune's character the best. Competitive and a bit playful despite how wound up she was with the Student Council. I was in student gov't in highschool so I could relate to how she wanted the Student Council to have more responsibilities because that really was the whole point of having a student gov't. Her ending though really was pretty anti-climatic. I think the real issue was that there really wasn't much conflict in her route so most people feel it lacked depth. I'd say I liked Lilly's route the most because the ending was such a rollercoaster but I think Shizune herself was the heroine I could relate the most too.
zomgbbq

Post by zomgbbq »

Otakumon wrote:Only thing I didn't like about Shizune's arc was that her family was so ashamed of having a daughter that was born with a disability that they would spend tons of money trying to force her to be normal instead of taking a little time and effort themselves to learn how to communicate with her. Must have been tough for her growing up knowing her parents didn't care enough for her to learn how to talk with her. Wouldn't be surprised if they locked her in a closet whenever they had guests so the perfect couple wouldn't have thier perfect friends seeing thier imperfect daughter.
I too found that a little disheartening, her dad seems to have little to no connection with her and there seems to be no emotional discussion between them at all.

I too wouldn't be surprised if they'd learnt "stay upstairs" in sign language for when their friends ever came over.
"You're out of touch, I'm out of time.. But I'm out of my head when you're not around"

"What's the word for when it feels inside your heart that everything in the world is all right?"