Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Munchenhausen

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Quick sit-rep: the jump from Week 3 to Week 4 is huge: my legs felt like they were gonna fall off today! (Though it didn't help it was blowing a gale, but excuses excuses :wink: ) The sense of achievement you get out of it is larger though, think I'm really starting to get into this.
You wait til week 5 ;)
Haha nice to hear mate! Keep it up :D
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Quick sit-rep: the jump from Week 3 to Week 4 is huge: my legs felt like they were gonna fall off today! (Though it didn't help it was blowing a gale, but excuses excuses :wink: ) The sense of achievement you get out of it is larger though, think I'm really starting to get into this.
Good to hear, mate! You've come too far to turn back now, so good luck with your future runs!

Due to fatigue this week I didn't get up at my usual time, but I did go for a run this afternoon. Ramped things up with a 10/3/10. Not as hard as I was expecting, but it certainly made me push myself. The wind and drizzle made things a bit interesting. Sorest my legs have been after running in a while!
Never really used exercise as a way of clearing emotional stress/tension, but that run did a number on my latest feeling of downness!
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Gamera Ramen wrote: Good to hear, mate! You've come too far to turn back now, so good luck with your future runs!

Due to fatigue this week I didn't get up at my usual time, but I did go for a run this afternoon. Ramped things up with a 10/3/10. Not as hard as I was expecting, but it certainly made me push myself. The wind and drizzle made things a bit interesting. Sorest my legs have been after running in a while!
Never really used exercise as a way of clearing emotional stress/tension, but that run did a number on my latest feeling of downness!
I have no intention of stopping, I feel better physically and emotionally through these weeks, absolutely see what the 'runner's high' Emi is on about is now :) Anything which helps get rid of negative thought processes has got to be good, so it's good to hear that it's helping you out!
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Did another 10/3/10 this morning. Not really much to report about it, though it did exhaust me a lot more than they have in a while. Maybe running in the midday heat wasn't the wisest idea?
Hellcat wrote:Hanako as a guest appearance for Marvel Vs Capcom 4, make it happen.
TheHivemind wrote:(the amount of time I spent reading really shitty fanfiction as a direct result of needing more ways to describe sticking a dick in a butt is, at this point, incalculable).
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Did another 10/3/10 this morning. Not really much to report about it, though it did exhaust me a lot more than they have in a while. Maybe running in the midday heat wasn't the wisest idea?
Mmm, maybe not :P I generally find that around 3 in the afternoon seems to be my favourite time to do it, as it's pleasant without being too hot or cold.
I did an 8/5/8 yesterday for the first time, and apart from a couple of occasions where it felt like my legs were just going to stop it was actually not too bad - no stitch being the main awesome feature! However, I was discussing it with someone earlier, and I'm stuck between carrying on (I do enjoy it, to the point where I have to rein myself in from going every day) and stopping - apparently with frequent running comes all kinds of hip and knee shit later on in life. Attempting the 21 minuter on Tuesday anyhow, but it's kinda soured my enthusiasm somewhat :(
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: Mmm, maybe not :P I generally find that around 3 in the afternoon seems to be my favourite time to do it, as it's pleasant without being too hot or cold.
I generally go for a run at about 8/8:30, but I always need at least one day a week to sleep in and didn't get it yesterday. Not yet hot and gets it out of the way for the rest of my day.
However, I was discussing it with someone earlier, and I'm stuck between carrying on (I do enjoy it, to the point where I have to rein myself in from going every day) and stopping - apparently with frequent running comes all kinds of hip and knee shit later on in life. Attempting the 21 minuter on Tuesday anyhow, but it's kinda soured my enthusiasm somewhat :(
I haven't looked into that much, but from what I've heard that sort of things varies from person to person. Some people need braces and get fractures a lot easier than others, and there's no guarantee that running will really cause issues.
Still, I'd suggest looking into this, maybe getting some expert opinions, and making a decision.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Whoever came up with this has my eternal gratitude. Pretty sure this has somewhat changed my life!

Thinking back to when I started, a good two months ago, I was doing the 1min Jog and I was flat-out exhausted. Over time, I've kept this up and I've just gotten back from a 21min jog around my village and...
...Well, I feel exhausted, but it does show how much progress I've made thanks to this :P

If you haven't given this a shot yet granted, if you can I'd recommend you do so.
It can't make you super-ripped in three weeks, but it can indefinitely prolonge your life.
Thanks again to the guy who decided to mix KS with Fitness! Cheers, mate!
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:Whoever came up with this has my eternal gratitude. Pretty sure this has somewhat changed my life!

Thinking back to when I started, a good two months ago, I was doing the 1min Jog and I was flat-out exhausted. Over time, I've kept this up and I've just gotten back from a 21min jog around my village and...
...Well, I feel exhausted, but it does show how much progress I've made thanks to this :P

If you haven't given this a shot yet granted, if you can I'd recommend you do so.
It can't make you super-ripped in three weeks, but it can indefinitely prolonge your life.
Thanks again to the guy who decided to mix KS with Fitness! Cheers, mate!
I can pretty much echo this - I've just gotten back from doing 16 minutes at 2/3 pace (my 11 year old brother decided he wanted to come with) and then I did another 16 minutes at normal pace - if 6 weeks ago when I started someone said I could do that, I'd be like 'I collapse after 2 minutes, no way can I do that'... but here I am. And I don't even feel particularly bad for it. It's a lot of fun as well, in a weird, borderline masochistic sort of way. So yeah, thanks to the creator of this, absolutely, and thanks to The Hivemind as well!

Tidus

Post by Tidus »

I'd seriously like to try this and get into it...But unfortunately, I'm going to more or less have to wait a few months. Given where I live's bitter and frigid temperatures this time of year, I'll have to substitute more of an "indoor routine" for now.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Tidus wrote:I'd seriously like to try this and get into it...But unfortunately, I'm going to more or less have to wait a few months. Given where I live's bitter and frigid temperatures this time of year, I'll have to substitute more of an "indoor routine" for now.
Ouch :/ Where abouts?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

I live in lovely, desolate and cold Maine, USA. It was around 35 once or twice last week, and everyone started wearing t-shirts and taking instagram pictures with #Spring tags.

I find Winter and snow beautiful, but unfortunately, winter here starts out much sooner, and drags out much longer than I appreciate at times.

I like swimming and outdoor stuff in warmer weather, not so much the snow activities. D:
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

Alarm went off at 7:20 as usual this morning. Went "nope" and shut it off. Another alarm at 9:20. Said "nope" for about 30 minutes before saying "hell yeah let's do this." Did a 10/3/10 again, not really much to report. I really need to start getting sleep on weekends, because even at 10 AM it was hot enough to make me sweat like crazy by the time I got back!
Tidus

Post by Tidus »

Hot enough to make you sweat, and in March..Oh, I'm not sure if I envy you or not.
Bring her back...
Can you smile for her?
...or take me with her.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Gamera Ramen wrote:Alarm went off at 7:20 as usual this morning. Went "nope" and shut it off. Another alarm at 9:20. Said "nope" for about 30 minutes before saying "hell yeah let's do this." Did a 10/3/10 again, not really much to report. I really need to start getting sleep on weekends, because even at 10 AM it was hot enough to make me sweat like crazy by the time I got back!
Haha, this sounds so familiar :P Where are you based, if it's hot enough at 10am? I mean, it was fairly warm here in England (at least, I thought it was, even if everyone else was wearing gloves...), but 10am would still only have gotten vaguely toasty.
Doing them when it's dark is glorious, I did it for the first time on Saturday and... man. Feels good.

Gamera Ramen

Post by Gamera Ramen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote: Haha, this sounds so familiar :P Where are you based, if it's hot enough at 10am? I mean, it was fairly warm here in England (at least, I thought it was, even if everyone else was wearing gloves...), but 10am would still only have gotten vaguely toasty.
Central California. Been a bit of a heat wave lately, pretty toasty by the afternoon. I think that day was a bit of a fluke, plus the whole "strenuous exercise" thing might have been throwing me off.