Emi inspired running/workout

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

metalangel

Re: Emi inspired running/workout

Post by metalangel »

That's a pound per week, which is good and sustainable. Something I've noticed (and posted about) is the weight loss isn't as much as I expected, but the actual physical changes are more pronounced. I was never overweight to begin with so there isn't as much to lose and notice.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:I've barely done any running this past 2 months - any that I have run I've posted here, and that's not been a lot. However, thanks to work I've been cycling about 10 miles a day, 6 days a week for about 2 months, over which period I've lost about 8 pounds (12st to 11st 6lb). Is that a healthy drop? I've never been bulky aside from my thighs and knees, but I'm a bit concerned as I've never lost weight.
I have to ask... is the weight loss consistent, or is it water weight?
I think it's consistent as I weigh myself first thing in the morning. There might be a bit of fluctuation but I wouldn't have thought 8lb worth.
Okay, yeah, I agree with Metal here then. It's not bad, just as long as you don't suddenly drop another 15 pounds or something.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

I should have mentioned, but to be effective at losing weight and keeping it off, your lifestyle has to change. (Apologies if preaching to the choir).

You need to keep the dietary changes and activity up. If you get to your target weight and then decide that's that, cut the exercise and go back to Big Macs for lunch every day, the weight will come back. This is why a gradual change as opposed to a crash diet and five days a week at the gym won't work - most people can't sustain that.

Luckily, biking and hiking and swimming is lots of fun!
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

If weight-loss was an aim, then for me that would be very well :P However, I'm 5'11" and 12 stone (well, bit less now), with not much body fat as it is. I think I'm gonna have to just watch my weight, and if it continues to drop, consider eating more/doing more body-weight training or something.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

DrNonookee

Post by DrNonookee »

Have you come back to stay or are you just passing by?
Sort of in-between-ish. I'm browsing the boards again, though I probably won't post too much unless something in particular grabs my attention. 8)
Now playing: Final Fantasy 14
Charlotte Donnay - Hyperion server. Look me up sometime!
metalangel

Post by metalangel »

Well, weighed myself on Saturday and I've lost about 5lbs, give or take, in three weeks. I think much of the credit goes to MFP, for making it pretty obvious when to stop and what to stop eating. After a fairly unhealthy long weekend (my parents give me lots of booze if I want it, and why not? it's free) today I had a long bike ride and in spite of a sub for lunch and going out for a few beers tonight, I actually burned more than I took in. Not something I'd want to keep up, but not a bad showing nonetheless.

I'm thinking when the winter rolls around and I don't have as many options for outdoor cardio, it'll be time for My First Gym Membership,
DeTrun

Post by DeTrun »

So...

I've played and completed Katawa Shoujo before registering here, I didn't really post back then, just lurked around. I stopped working out a year before I discovered KS (I was practicing kung fu). Back then, after reading this topic, I was actually contemplating about starting the running workout, but never actually tried doing it (laziness got the better of me).
Recently, I've been replaying KS. After completing Emi's route, I remembered this topic. At the moment I'm not really in the best condition anymore. And I found the Emi-couch-to-5k-chart-picture, while cleaning my HDD.
So I decided to go for it and start to run. I started yesterday, going to run Tue-Thur-Sat, I guess. It was kind of hard, as I haven't done anything for the past 3 years, but it felt nice.

TL;DR I've started working out, using the Emi Coach to 5k schedule, a few years after wanting to start, but ending up not doing it at all, at the time.

Better late than never, I guess ^^
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Good to have you on board :) Hopefully you'll find it a lot of fun, and even if you don't initially, the sense of achievement is beautiful!

I had a run yesterday for the first time in about a month or so - 5 mile one along the seafront with my new running partner. It was a lot of fun, and I forgot how much better it makes me feel. My legs today feel like lead, but in a good way.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Bluegaze

Post by Bluegaze »

Sadly, even Emi wasn't able to get me into workout, but I will try.
I was however inspired by Rin and after few years I am giving myself another chance at drawing.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Ran for the first time today since contracting the dreaded 'Freshers Flu' (don't even go clubbing or get drunk, what the hell?!). Discovered yesterday that my application for the marathon was declined, which made me feel a bit rough but I can move on from it. Since I started at university, I can now run along the seafront in the evenings, which is really beautiful and kinda makes me realise part of the why I started running in the first place; as a way of clearing my head and appreciating shit for at least some part of my otherwise self-absorbed life. I miss woodland running, but I'm making the best of what I have :)

Weather's been crap the past few days though, and the wind's supposed to pick up as well so I doubt I can have a decent run for a while again. Sucks arse.

metalangel

Post by metalangel »

177.8lbs today. Those new jeans I bought? They're a bit too big now. I had to make another hole in my dress belt for work because it was too loose. Lost a week due to an unrelated injury but still making progress.

(that's 7.2lbs in two months.)
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

So 80 kilos ? it's not really fat no ? but i suppose it varies follow your height.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

metalangel wrote:177.8lbs today. Those new jeans I bought? They're a bit too big now. I had to make another hole in my dress belt for work because it was too loose. Lost a week due to an unrelated injury but still making progress.

(that's 7.2lbs in two months.)
That's fantastic! I forget, was it you that cycled a lot? Either way, half a stone in 2 months for someone not massively overweight is awesome, congrats :)

FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Seeing all the weights here... I can only dream of getting on a scale and getting those number at this moment in time... I start off at 104.0 kg with a height of 186 cm (229.3 pounds and 6 feet, 1 inch / 16.37 stone).

Never tried running before but had quite a bit of experience with cycling. Starting working out again this monday (6th of October) after a hiatus of about 5 to 6 months and it has given me a new goal in life. I've already lost about 300 gram/1 pound in a week's time so I reckon I'm doing ok. First milestone will be scraping off that 3rd numeral on the scale (getting below 100 kg, hence 218 pounds or 15.6 stone). After that I will be ecstatic to clear the 90 kg mark (dip under 200 pounds, 14.2 stone). My final goal, although that seems pretty out of reach, will be hitting 80 kilograms (176 pounds, 12.6 stone). If I can ever reach that last milestone, I can die a happy man. It's just so dear to me to get skinny and finally feel content with myself after a life being nothing but a tub o' lard.

One can only love another if he loves himself, one of the main reasons for going full-out on this. That, and this picture hit me hard (just an url, else it'll take up the entire screen):

http://i.imgur.com/90NHcwF.jpg
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

FBOF wrote:Seeing all the weights here... I can only dream of getting on a scale and getting those number at this moment in time... I start off at 104.0 kg with a height of 186 cm (229.3 pounds and 6 feet, 1 inch / 16.37 stone).

Never tried running before but had quite a bit of experience with cycling. Starting working out again this monday (6th of October) after a hiatus of about 5 to 6 months and it has given me a new goal in life. I've already lost about 300 gram/1 pound in a week's time so I reckon I'm doing ok. First milestone will be scraping off that 3rd numeral on the scale (getting below 100 kg, hence 218 pounds or 15.6 stone). After that I will be ecstatic to clear the 90 kg mark (dip under 200 pounds, 14.2 stone). My final goal, although that seems pretty out of reach, will be hitting 80 kilograms (176 pounds, 12.6 stone). If I can ever reach that last milestone, I can die a happy man. It's just so dear to me to get skinny and finally feel content with myself after a life being nothing but a tub o' lard.

One can only love another if he loves himself, one of the main reasons for going full-out on this. That, and this picture hit me hard (just an url, else it'll take up the entire screen):

http://i.imgur.com/90NHcwF.jpg
That picture...I...I..

..I was going to say something. Yes, congratulations on your resolution to lose weight; I'm in the same boat as you (+30 pounds), but I've already seen a tiny bit of weight drop, even with my admittedly inconsistent efforts. Just the decision that you're going to stick with it for the long haul is half the battle, so feel good about that. :)

But man...that picture. :(
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."