Adult scenes

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Fishpick

Re: Adult scenes

Post by Fishpick »

Overall I found the scenes good and meaningful to the story. I don't like how graphic Hanako's was though. I feel it could have had the same impact by using the same text but from a different angle without showing the penetration. Considering it's the only scene that does it this way, it feels very out of place in the game.

Also, Lilly's second scene was rather pointless. When it first came up I was thinking "What? Another one already? We just finished one." And I just wanted it to be over with so I could continue with the story. It didn't serve any purpose.

I felt the same way about Emi's second one at first, but it turned out to be a good source of humour for a while when they kept referencing it. And sex scenes being more frequent in her still fit their relationship more anyway. So I forgave them. Although I still had the "What? Another one already?" reaction when it first started.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Fishpick wrote:Also, Lilly's second scene was rather pointless. When it first came up I was thinking "What? Another one already? We just finished one." And I just wanted it to be over with so I could continue with the story. It didn't serve any purpose.
Sure it had a point. Lilly doesn't think that sex has to be initiated by the man. It's okay to enjoy sex and seek it out. That's a healthy attitude. It's actually quite mature of her.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

I thought about it a bit. I could come up with plot points like all day long. But! Does it really matter to teens who are going out? If they are portrayed realistically, a healthy sex drive and desiring it with their partner is about all that is required in real life. There might be underlying motive in Rin, Hanako and Emi's case, or pretext in Shizune's case, but at the end of the day, it comes down to urges.

I think Lily gets that, so her's tends to be less complicated. She is about honesty after all. But if you really 'need' a reason, here's one. She was trying to burn through her desires so she wouldn't regret it once she left for Scotland.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Daitengu wrote:I think Lily gets that, so her's tends to be less complicated. She is about honesty after all. But if you really 'need' a reason, here's one. She was trying to burn through her desires so she wouldn't regret it once she left for Scotland.
Or you could be paranoid like Hisao, and think she was just using him for her sexual desires. She was only seizing the opportunities!

(devil's advocate / the Traveler)
Last edited by Hitman3256 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Hitman3256 wrote:
Daitengu wrote:I think Lily gets that, so her's tends to be less complicated. She is about honesty after all. But if you really 'need' a reason, here's one. She was trying to burn through her desires so she wouldn't regret it once she left for Scotland.
Or you could be paranoid like Hisao, and think she was just using him for her sexual desires. She was only seizing the opportunities!

lol

Could be that she was weighing her options and including sex is just being through. So many possible excuses we can come up with. lol

Looking at it at a different angle, what would be lost if the scenes weren't there? Lily and Shizune both had a more healthy attitude about sex compared to the other three girls(four counting Misha). Would not having the sex scenes deflate the girls value as more balanced, leading type characters? possibly. I think it really depends on how much theory crafting you want to do about it.

Still, I was fine taking it at face value. But I am an adult that understands the various aspects of sex. Nothing in life holds meaning unless you want it to, and rejecting something as having no meaning neglects it's potential value. I suppose the saying is "One man's trash is another's treasure".
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Daitengu wrote:
Hitman3256 wrote:

lol

Could be that she was weighing her options and including sex is just being through. So many possible excuses we can come up with. lol

Looking at it at a different angle, what would be lost if the scenes weren't there? Lily and Shizune both had a more healthy attitude about sex compared to the other three girls(four counting Misha). Would not having the sex scenes deflate the girls value as more balanced, leading type characters? possibly. I think it really depends on how much theory crafting you want to do about it.

Still, I was fine taking it at face value. But I am an adult that understands the various aspects of sex. Nothing in life holds meaning unless you want it to, and rejecting something as having no meaning neglects it's potential value. I suppose the saying is "One man's trash is another's treasure".
Ah, an adult! I've always wanted to compare sexual opinions with someone more experienced! (virgin bias gets tiring very quick)

I agree, having the H-scenes in there makes it more authentic, even though today sex between high schoolers is hardly like how KS depicts it. But it's the principle of it, not having a sexual drive as a teen is very abnormal -.- even if someone denies it. (denial is a virgin red flag) But there's all sorts of people...ANYWAYS (excuse the tangent)

To me, Lilly and Shizune having a more healthy outlook to sex (what about Emi? Other than anal (its so awkward) her sex drive is my dream come true! Same is true for Lilly also) makes them that much more appealing. Hisao's a prude though, and either doesn't initiate on his first time or gets the wrong idea (from my pov). His first though about these girl's isnt "I WANNA TAP DAT" - it's "She's cute".
I tried running some through Shizune's route without the H-scenes, and I literally laughed out loud when that other picture came up. Which made me realize: the H-scenes are almost gratuitous, you can still have an enjoyable (but not as enjoyable) experience without it. And their presence most certainly brings these forum discussion to another level. I dont like the girls for their sex, but I do appreciate Lilly, Emi, and Shizune more because of it, knowing how their like even beyond the next step.
Daitengu wrote:Still, I was fine taking it at face value. But I am an adult that understands the various aspects of sex. Nothing in life holds meaning unless you want it to, and rejecting something as having no meaning neglects it's potential value. I suppose the saying is "One man's trash is another's treasure".
This is what I was excited about at the beginning :) seeing as this conversation would never take place in any other situation with this much casuality casualness in such a casual tone. (damn my grammar)

Ok, so: The game has a rating, right? 18+ for obvious reasons. The majority of the people in an age poll a while back are clearly not of age, and I dont really care (myself belonging to that group). So...is such a rating a suggestion? WARNING THERE'S SEX. Or like, a law? IF YOU'RE 16 AND WATCHING THIS YOU DIE. What are the consequences if any? This has always bothered me (but im never nervous about it) because I find myself in the more adult side of the internet, and curious if I'm even allowed here -.- or wanted for that matter. Or does no one care?

Another point, Daitengu: I find sex unimportant (unless you want kids, which I do once Im like, 12 years older). To me it's just a side attraction, something I can go with or without, so I always just let the girl decide if she wants to go there or not. Sure, I like sex, but to me it isn't important. Sometimes I wonder if that's uncommon at my age...seeing as almost everyone around me are bags of hormones.

Well enough of my rant, sorry for typing so much :P its rare for a topic to make me talk so much really, and more often than not what I'm interesting in talking about isn't what my close(ish) friends are interested in -.- (If my family or friends were to find I'm a Katawan, I'd be even more isolated than I already am)

Thanks for reading!
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

Ayo, why is Hanako's sex scene is the only one that shows everything? Just wondering.
Hitman3256

Post by Hitman3256 »

Snow_Storm wrote:Ayo, why is Hanako's sex scene is the only one that shows everything? Just wondering.
Good question, I was wondering that myself. I didnt think much of it, honestly I don't think it really means much BUT........

Consider Hanako, very shy and timid. Hisao gets close enough to her that she shows him her burns, very unlike her. The H-scene itself is the most revealing and exploitative of all. Probably contrasting Hanako's change of personality, from being shy and close to (excuse the pun) 'opening' up to Hisao, literally and figuratively.
ivegottogodosomthing

Post by ivegottogodosomthing »

Hanako's sex scene seems extremely out of place as it's happening, but after her explanation, it starts to make more sense. It still seems a bit unnatural that a teenage couple who has never had a kiss before would just jump into penetration right off the bat. Their scene would have felt much more natural if it had been closer to Rin's first scene, where they just kiss and hold each other.
uwa

Post by uwa »

(just play Lilly's route before reading this, spoilering everything makes a mess)
That's an aspect of her route that doesn't get discussed much. There were several aspects of their relationship (time-to-sex being one of them) that seemed weird to me until her knowledge of a deadline, from the start, was revealed. Hisao even notices: in the scene "A Morning's Reverie" Hisao thinks "Everything is moving so fast. I don't mind at all, but it feels unlike Lilly to be pushing things this much."

I've always thought the implication was that, had there been no need to rush, their relationship probably would have moved more slowly.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Hitman3256 wrote: Ah, an adult! I've always wanted to compare sexual opinions with someone more experienced! (virgin bias gets tiring very quick)

I agree, having the H-scenes in there makes it more authentic, even though today sex between high schoolers is hardly like how KS depicts it. But it's the principle of it, not having a sexual drive as a teen is very abnormal -.- even if someone denies it. (denial is a virgin red flag) But there's all sorts of people...ANYWAYS (excuse the tangent)

To me, Lilly and Shizune having a more healthy outlook to sex (what about Emi? Other than anal (its so awkward) her sex drive is my dream come true! Same is true for Lilly also) makes them that much more appealing. Hisao's a prude though, and either doesn't initiate on his first time or gets the wrong idea (from my pov). His first though about these girl's isnt "I WANNA TAP DAT" - it's "She's cute".
I tried running some through Shizune's route without the H-scenes, and I literally laughed out loud when that other picture came up. Which made me realize: the H-scenes are almost gratuitous, you can still have an enjoyable (but not as enjoyable) experience without it. And their presence most certainly brings these forum discussion to another level. I dont like the girls for their sex, but I do appreciate Lilly, Emi, and Shizune more because of it, knowing how their like even beyond the next step.
I saw Emi's sex as a way for her to temporarily 'run' from her emotional problems. Akin to her track running. Physically pushing herelf till her mind blanks out, and all she feel is adrenaline and burning muscles as a way to push out the depression over her losses, how ever temporary. I learned it's not exactly the best way to go about sex from my cousin in law. She has 3 kids from 3 different fathers because she did the same thing with sex. She pretty much made her life a wreck.

I think it depends on what you see sex as. It was as much characterization as any other part for me. But as you have said it's not important to you, which is fair. Different people see things differently. Different people also have different amounts of sex drive. I'm pretty comfortable about my views of the various girls' sex scenes, except for some of Shizune's. There's alot of nuance in her story in general that isn't readily apparent so it takes longer to come to a defined decision on her characterization, even though I have no problem with it. Communicating without communicating is.. challenging lol
Hitman3256 wrote:This is what I was excited about at the beginning :) seeing as this conversation would never take place in any other situation with this much casuality casualness in such a casual tone. (damn my grammar)

Ok, so: The game has a rating, right? 18+ for obvious reasons. The majority of the people in an age poll a while back are clearly not of age, and I dont really care (myself belonging to that group). So...is such a rating a suggestion? WARNING THERE'S SEX. Or like, a law? IF YOU'RE 16 AND WATCHING THIS YOU DIE. What are the consequences if any? This has always bothered me (but im never nervous about it) because I find myself in the more adult side of the internet, and curious if I'm even allowed here -.- or wanted for that matter. Or does no one care?

Another point, Daitengu: I find sex unimportant (unless you want kids, which I do once Im like, 12 years older). To me it's just a side attraction, something I can go with or without, so I always just let the girl decide if she wants to go there or not. Sure, I like sex, but to me it isn't important. Sometimes I wonder if that's uncommon at my age...seeing as almost everyone around me are bags of hormones.

Well enough of my rant, sorry for typing so much :P its rare for a topic to make me talk so much really, and more often than not what I'm interesting in talking about isn't what my close(ish) friends are interested in -.- (If my family or friends were to find I'm a Katawan, I'd be even more isolated than I already am)

Thanks for reading!
There's quite a bit of social stigma around the idea of sex, at least in the United States. Religion doesn't help at all either. Especially Western ones. So very contradictory is people's belief. Sex is a sin on one hand, but the bible says go forth and multiply on the other. Compound teen awkwardness, social taboos of educating teens properly on sex and religious beliefs, and it becomes something of a mess for many people. I've conversed with some 50 year old women that would blush and not want to talk about the subject., and some guys who are all "wham, bam, CU L8r"(neither very healthy) Then there's the ones who hit on me in my 20s. To me getting hit on by cougars and gay guys is pretty funny btw lol. I think once a person comes to terms with their sexuality, they don't get bothered by those things. Too bad there's many many adults who aren't comfortable with their own sexuality, and are determined to dictate what others believe and can do about it.

I think the funnest part about sex is the teasing and foreplay that leads up to it. I think people are too busy trying to get to the act to enjoy the wind up. Too... primal for me. I think people should have more fun with it instead of just getting down to business and being done in 10 minutes to an hour.
Core Xii

Post by Core Xii »

Daitengu wrote:I learned it's not exactly the best way to go about sex from my cousin in law. She has 3 kids from 3 different fathers because she did the same thing with sex. She pretty much made her life a wreck.
That's what birth control is for.
Daitengu

Post by Daitengu »

Core Xii wrote:
Daitengu wrote:I learned it's not exactly the best way to go about sex from my cousin in law. She has 3 kids from 3 different fathers because she did the same thing with sex. She pretty much made her life a wreck.
That's what birth control is for.
when you're a crack hoe, you tend to forget those things. Stupid ass cousin-in-law <.<