Online Japanese KS reception

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

whiteflags

Re: Online Japanese KS reception

Post by whiteflags »

Oh. I get what you mean now. I thought you didn't care about connotations or social mores.
X is scientifically proven to Y.
mountainshouter

Post by mountainshouter »

And nothing of value was lost; sucks for them if they don't want to try it. I thought it was very well-made and better than many VNs that I've played in the past.
ardiel

Post by ardiel »

Yuno wrote:
whiteflags wrote:
By having international swear words
jk
Well we have the words fuck off which are pretty international and a good choice. We just have to expand the vocabulary.
eh, not really.
As mentioned by some of the quotes from 2chan, there's a list of words you cannot say on Japanese television. "Fuck" "Bitch" etc are not on the list. They really don't care about foreign swear words and they have a much less powerful connotation.
Things get interesting to say the least when stuff gets localized then re-localized back to where some of the content was originally borrowed from. :roll:

Post by Guest »

mountainshouter wrote:And nothing of value was lost; sucks for them if they don't want to try it. I thought it was very well-made and better than many VNs that I've played in the past.
True, the only VN better or on par is(i think so atleast) Clannad
Shear

Post by Shear »

Frankly I find it funny that they say the name is bad.
10 Minutes ago I visited Getchu and just by going by the Ads there are quite some names that made me really cringe <.< so it's kinda like throwing stones in a Glass House.
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

I think the main thing is that they just only read the title, and raged over it.

Maybe because of the language difference.
there are some words which they considered forbidden and stuff.

Anyway, i do hope they at least try the game before raging lol.
but then again, it is in english.
Hence, they might not understand.
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

They have no excuse; Act 1 has been available in Japanese for quite a while now, and the attitude of the finished game is obvious from it.
whiteflags

Post by whiteflags »

I get the impression that if the response to KS was not overtly negative from the Japanese before, it is now, because we are talking to a different crowd. I joined this forum in 2009, for example; three years later, old timers may have moved on out of 2ch.
X is scientifically proven to Y.

Post by Guest »

whiteflags wrote:I get the impression that if the response to KS was not overtly negative from the Japanese before, it is now, because we are talking to a different crowd. I joined this forum in 2009, for example; three years later, old timers may have moved on out of 2ch.
These are probably just the bad comments picked from between neutral and good ones.
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Guest wrote:
whiteflags wrote:I get the impression that if the response to KS was not overtly negative from the Japanese before, it is now, because we are talking to a different crowd. I joined this forum in 2009, for example; three years later, old timers may have moved on out of 2ch.
These are probably just the bad comments picked from between neutral and good ones.
This is correct.

If you want to read the actual threads, they're here. Sankaku just picked out the negative ones to get attention.
Aster Selene

Post by Aster Selene »

The moment I saw "Sankaku Complex" I immediately disregarded the rest of it.

The way they write stuff over there is almost like explicitly lying.

(Also the Korean comment displeases me, though I do admit it is kinda right...)
rhfs

Post by rhfs »

Sankaku Complex has a known history of ridiculous sensationalism to make their articles more popular. It looks like this is just another one. I personally don't trust anything the site says.
Fink

Post by Fink »

Linking Shitkaku in the IRC channel is a bannable offense for a reason.
Russian anon

Post by Russian anon »

I can't find offensive posts, which mentioned in "Sankaku complex" with this:
http://find.2ch.net/?STR=%82%A9%82%BD%8 ... S&COUNT=50

This "2ch outrage" is just Sankaku bullshit?
Snelx

Post by Snelx »

I think is more like Sankaku find those negative comments, lump together, and sell of its blog post.

surly it is not fake.
but neither it is very true.

A small number of complaints (sample) does not represent the whole population
It's kinda funny, I've played a bunch of VN's and for the first time I'm feeling apprehensive about going down another path. I'm thinking weird crap like how will Hanako ever be happy if someones not there for her.......
If Hanako's writer reads this I want you to know that I thank you for giving me this wonderful treasure.

- Rykn

華子 - Hanako - 'flower girl'