Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Indie

Re: Ask!

Post by Indie »

Its not really a question, but thank you for this game, i havent been this emotionally moved in a long time. Im sad to say that it leaves me almost lacking and a bit empty inside after say, the rin path, since i find myself relating to that so much. Finding myself craving for something like that in real life is a very bittersweet experience. You guys really did something special here and i hope each individual person gets the praise and recognition they deserve.

But for the sort of question, As a writer for your own path, and assuming you played the other paths as well. What are your favorites?

Post by Guest »

Why is it that Emi and Hisao are already together and have sex in act 2, but in the Lilly route, it takes until Act 3 for Hisao and Lilly to get together and then have sex?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:How does it feel that you've made a bunch of /v/ neckbeards get their shit together? Myself included.

See this picture:
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/6251 ... shoujo.jpg
Feels good.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

kourousx wrote:So, were there any discussions or efforts directed getting the artists' styles to mesh? (I'm guessing that doing that is extremely difficult)
Yes. (Yes.)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Why is it that Emi and Hisao are already together and have sex in act 2, but in the Lilly route, it takes until Act 3 for Hisao and Lilly to get together and then have sex?
Relationships are complicated things, man. Sometimes sex comes easier with people, sometimes it takes a lot of getting to know each other.

As for a question, how did Akira's inclusion come to be?
seandevlin

Post by seandevlin »

What is the reason for Shizune's unwilingness to make audible her laughter?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Why is it that Emi and Hisao are already together and have sex in act 2, but in the Lilly route, it takes until Act 3 for Hisao and Lilly to get together and then have sex?
Relationships are complicated things, man. Sometimes sex comes easier with people, sometimes it takes a lot of getting to know each other.

As for a question, how did Akira's inclusion come to be?
I wasn't really talking about the sex, moreso why it only took until about the middle of act 2 for Emi and Hisao to get together, whilst it wasn't until act 3 in the Lilly route.

Also, why wouldn't Hisao bring rubbers with him on his trip away with Hanako and Lilly? Given he had feelings for Lilly, surely the thought would cross his mind and he'd bring some. I know I would.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Lurch wrote:I guess all the devs are either asleep or sick of the questions, but hopefully this'll still get a look.

How do you feel about the questions? What kind of questions do you appreciate, and which ones drive you insane?

Are there criticisms you agree with? Compliments you disagree with? People who are so off-board that your eyes boggle and you mouth 'wtf' to yourself? Just how do you deal with feedback on something you've put so much time into?
I like questions that show insight and/or have interesting asnwers. Questions about trivial stuff that doesn't matter are pretty boring, but I'm not judging. Thread is open for everything and I will answer as many questions as I can.

Yes to the other questions. With so many people playing KS, it's unavoidable that there also will be huge variety in the opinions of it. Feedback is a fundamental part of collaborative working in the first place, plus this is the second release so it's not like we are unused to dealing with it. Taking critique is hard to a lot of people I think, but it's something you can also learn to become better with.
Byne

Post by Byne »

When Akira is telling Hisao about how their parents asked Lilly to move to Scotland to live with them, she mentions she broke up with her boyfriend, since she wouldnt be able to see him once she goes to Scotland, but in the Lilly epilogue thing, Akira mentions how she got her boyfriend a passport to go to Scotland with her. Did she rethink her decision to break up with him, or what?
"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life." - Private Leonard Church, Red vs Blue
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

uwa wrote:
Suriko wrote:2. I had never written anything before KS in any form.
I'm really surprised by this. I guess I should be encouraged that it only takes five years to go from 0 to Lilly (and Hanako) path.

I hope the writers are taking the cries of "moar!" as a compliment, because they really are. Even when they're dickheaded.

edit: A real question just occurred to me. The Emi path is a little unique in that the Bad End has a pretty hard-to-miss escape hatch (Misha's question). Was that added later, was the other path added later, or was the split route how the end was originally conceived?
It was originally there.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Now my question is: Who is the artist that drew Kenji when he took of his glasses?
Moekki.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

shogg wrote:Wow. I never thought that this game would be so big when I first heard about it. I just have one question:
1. What was the program that was used to draw the characters?
2. KS inspired me to write a visual novel of my own. Do you have any tips on how I should start? I already have a basic idea of a story.
3. Are you going to make an English players guide?
4. Is there any way I could get my hands on one of the KS pins that was in a previous reply, or an Artbook?
5. You had said about being tired of Visual Novels. Are you going to make any other type of game with 4LS or another team like it?
6. Are there any characters that you didn't help with that you don't like or feel that they could have been done better?
That's all I can think of.
I, personally, am very happy with the outcome of it. I finished Hanako and am almost done Emi.
One last question! In my Hanako play through, it ended with her having somewhat reluctant sex and making me breakfast, and it finished with us walking to the city. What ending is this?
Thanks!
1. Artists used SAI and Photoshop
2. Keep your goals realistic and acknowledge that you suck.
3. No
4. It's pretty difficult I think
5. We don't really have inclination to that. Making games is a completely different production than making VNs.
6. I don't like Hideaki much.
The ending you reached is the muffin end
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kelguroth wrote:I realize not all methods are trackable, such as people rehosting, but do you know how many downloads the game has had roughly by now?
We have absolutely no idea.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

JustAGuy wrote:Were the story arcs written from experience?
To my knowledge, no.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

zeroyuki92 wrote:Thank you very much for the fast answer according to writer experiences. They are really helping and giving more insight to "How KS was done" :)

If possible, I had a few more of questions about development process, though. Feel free to answer if you guys had some free time :

1. Seconding to a question above, how actually you guys coordinate the artists so the final results are, at least, similar? I had tried three artist in one before, and the end result is much more inconsistent :))

2. According revisions. I heard that that there are around...four total revisions to the script? How precisely it was done?I mean, did the editor revise it per act, or it was in editing section after the entire script had already done? How long the actual editing and revision process take compared to the initial writing?
1. Artists decided on techniques they all used, and a couple of them did finishing touches on pretty much all CGs to get more consistent look. Really though there is no trick to it, and the ability to get a consistent look is mostly up to artist skill.

2. Writers and editors made passes over the drafts based on feedback. Editing was done by act. The game had a first complete script draft somewhere around 2009. Rewriting, revising and editing took a fairly long time.