Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: Ask!

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I've want Blobster so bad for so long, I just didn't know it. Now I'm salty too.
+1
And me. I feel this was a mistake telling us.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Do any of you guys speak japanese? No reason, just curiosity.
Lightspeed

Post by Lightspeed »

Aura wrote: I think we have better than 50% success rate for projects, if you count KS, our two other released visual novels and the five artbooks we've made as individual projects (and why wouldn't you).

I'm I missing something here? What were the two other visual novels? (Please ignore my stupidity)
Xolf

Post by Xolf »

If you look on the blog, a fair way down on the right hand side, they're both linked - The Answer and pXt. Don't expect anything too like Katawa Shoujo tho. :)

Additionally, blog post announcing pXt: http://katawashoujo.blogspot.it/2009/03 ... to-it.html

And The Answer: http://katawashoujo.blogspot.co.uk/2008 ... about.html
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kon22 wrote:Do any of you guys speak japanese? No reason, just curiosity.
Yea. Crud is fairly fluent, Suriko at least used to study it too. Mine has rusted to the point of uselessness.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Criticism against the Weeaboos are a bit ironic then. :lol:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Cerabix

Post by Cerabix »

Zarys wrote:Criticism against the Weeaboos are a bit ironic then. :lol:
I think thats a bit misplaced man. I know a bit of Italian and Japanese and love both of their cultures. I don't want to be italian or japanese though. The whole principle behind Weeaboo is they love japanese culture at the exclusion of everything else. You'll never get someone to admit that the katana isn't the best sword or that perhaps there are parts of art or poetry that any other culture did better.

Anyways, not sure if my other question will get answered but I had one more and then I think I'm all out. Do any of the development team put KS on their resume or have gotten other gigs because of it? I would never work on something like this for monetary gain as well but I've noticed that when people do art like this that others will respect that and be more opened to working with them.

Damn I keep getting all teary eyed every time I listen to the soundtrack.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

What criticism?
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Cerabix wrote:Anyways, not sure if my other question will get answered but I had one more and then I think I'm all out. Do any of the development team put KS on their resume or have gotten other gigs because of it? I would never work on something like this for monetary gain as well but I've noticed that when people do art like this that others will respect that and be more opened to working with them.

Damn I keep getting all teary eyed every time I listen to the soundtrack.
I don't think anyone has KS on their resume, except Raide as he has something of a career in indie game development. I'm sure some of the artists have been getting commissions from KS fans. That's about it.
Cerabix

Post by Cerabix »

Aura wrote: I don't think anyone has KS on their resume, except Raide as he has something of a career in indie game development. I'm sure some of the artists have been getting commissions from KS fans. That's about it.
That is impressive. Creating something beautiful for the act of just creating something beautiful. Not only did I get the emotional roller coaster from this but also an inspirational story from the dev team. Thank you.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Aura wrote:
What criticism?

Subtle stuff, and don't necessarily apply to you personally.
I just wanted to make that "joke", I don't know why. :mrgreen:
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

I hope it hasn't already been asked, but how many instructors and staff know sign language? In a school as prone to life threatening accidents as Yamaku, I would assume basic proficiency would be a job requirement, but we never see it used outside of the JSL classes and the student council.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

When were the animated shorts for each character made? Emi looks to me like she's in her 'Act 1 release' guise as opposed to the revised one for the final cut, and I was just curious to know if they were made for the Act 1 release.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Blank Mage wrote:I hope it hasn't already been asked, but how many instructors and staff know sign language? In a school as prone to life threatening accidents as Yamaku, I would assume basic proficiency would be a job requirement, but we never see it used outside of the JSL classes and the student council.
I don't know what kind of life threatening accidents you imagine are an issue for the deaf students, but I'd expect most staff members knows at least basics.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:When were the animated shorts for each character made? Emi looks to me like she's in her 'Act 1 release' guise as opposed to the revised one for the final cut, and I was just curious to know if they were made for the Act 1 release.
They were made in 2010-2011, so well after Act 1 was released.