Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko »

Shizune had an oral scene (that was subsequently cut). Lilly was too conservative for that sort of thing, Hanako is Hanako, and Rin's were already planned out.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Thanks, that's as expected then, makes for good comic relief after the pretty heavy scenes beforehand. ^_^

Shizune's oral scene was replaced with her power play where she binds your hands, I suspect?
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

misterprinny wrote:This is a question to each dev personally, what are your goals for the New Year in terms of 4LS or in their own lives?
Year? Hell, I'll settle for getting through the month alive and sane. :p 4LS shenanigans are, as always, [classified information].
misterprinny wrote:Again, to each dev personally, what are your thoughts now that the game has been out for almost a year?
I think "oh god what" sums things up pretty well.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Carighan wrote:Thanks, that's as expected then, makes for good comic relief after the pretty heavy scenes beforehand. ^_^
Comic Relief? I thought it was the most realistic H-scene I'd ever seen in VNs for - in Hivemind's words - "inexperienced teens trying something new for the first time"
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Carighan

Post by Carighan »

Hrm, yes. But it took the heavy-heartedness out of emi's story before that. Seeing her in a wheelchair nearly broke me apart, so this really worked well to ease that up a bit. Hence I thought it was intentionally inserted there, didn't quite think it actually replaced another scene, even.

Anyhow, sorry, don't want to drag the thread offtopic.
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.
xero

Post by xero »

Seeing as this turned out to be a beautiful piece in story and visual aspects will you guys create another game? Involving these characters or something new? The characters just were so amazing and I feel as if Emi in my eyes is seriously one of the most memorable characters in general. I'd love for there to be a second game as I said before involving these characters or even brand new material. As long as it's coming from you guys
Life is a beautiful lie while death is a painful truth
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

xero wrote:Seeing as this turned out to be a beautiful piece in story and visual aspects will you guys create another game? Involving these characters or something new? The characters just were so amazing and I feel as if Emi in my eyes is seriously one of the most memorable characters in general. I'd love for there to be a second game as I said before involving these characters or even brand new material. As long as it's coming from you guys
From the FAQ:
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Note that this does not mean we won't create another game(s), just that any we do make wouldn't be related to KS in any way.
Yoh_Komori

Post by Yoh_Komori »

Suriko wrote:
xero wrote:Seeing as this turned out to be a beautiful piece in story and visual aspects will you guys create another game? Involving these characters or something new? The characters just were so amazing and I feel as if Emi in my eyes is seriously one of the most memorable characters in general. I'd love for there to be a second game as I said before involving these characters or even brand new material. As long as it's coming from you guys
From the FAQ:
Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Note that this does not mean we won't create another game(s), just that any we do make wouldn't be related to KS in any way.
that really is a shame, as in it's own unique way KS really has found a way to become more than just a joke where 99.9% of all other ideas like this end up petering out long before completion of even a rough sketch of how a game would work, let alone seeing the light of day as a fully finished, polished product.
Murlox

Post by Murlox »

Don't you think that you made Emi a little too overly sensitive about her dad considering how long ago the accident was? I mean it seems a bit extreme that after 8 years she is still traumatized enough to not even be able to tell her boyfriend of her dad's fate.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

Murlox wrote:Don't you think that you made Emi a little too overly sensitive about her dad considering how long ago the accident was? I mean it seems a bit extreme that after 8 years she is still traumatized enough to not even be able to tell her boyfriend of her dad's fate.
Four words: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
It's a hell of a thing to get, people who suffer from it often never truly get over it (ergo, the "crazy" War Veterans. they have PTSD and their minds never fully left the battlefield)
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Is the school they attend to a copy of a real place or was it created for the purpose of the story?
Suriko

Post by Suriko »

tommo1982 wrote:Is the school they attend to a copy of a real place or was it created for the purpose of the story?
Yamaku is entirely fictional.
tommo1982

Post by tommo1982 »

Suriko wrote:
tommo1982 wrote:Is the school they attend to a copy of a real place or was it created for the purpose of the story?
Hmm ... maybe I'm going off topic ... and showing signs of ignorance ... but do such places for disabled people, where they can come to terms with their condition and learn how to live the life or manage everyday routines, exits?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

tommo1982 wrote:
Suriko wrote:
Hmm ... maybe I'm going off topic ... and showing signs of ignorance ... but do such places for disabled people, where they can come to terms with their condition and learn how to live the life or manage everyday routines, exits?
They do. There are schools (and other institutions) for disabled, and even schools specially for blind, or deaf people.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Murlox

Post by Murlox »

Steinherz wrote:
Murlox wrote:Don't you think that you made Emi a little too overly sensitive about her dad considering how long ago the accident was? I mean it seems a bit extreme that after 8 years she is still traumatized enough to not even be able to tell her boyfriend of her dad's fate.
Four words: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
It's a hell of a thing to get, people who suffer from it often never truly get over it (ergo, the "crazy" War Veterans. they have PTSD and their minds never fully left the battlefield)
I realized soon after making the post that it's not really something that I have the right to be questioning.
Last edited by Murlox on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.