Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Merlyn_LeRoy

Re: Ask!

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

I put this in feedback because it seems like an error, but in Lilly's path she wakes up Monday morning in Hisao's dorm room and takes a shower. Kenji's scenes show a typical boy's dorm communal bathroom/shower, so where is Lilly taking this shower? Even if it was 4:00 AM, Hisao can't assume an empty boy's bathroom, and the dorm simply wouldn't have a girl's shower anywhere. At best, he'd have to scout out the bathroom first and stand guard for Lilly to take a shower. Or he somehow now has a private shower, but is shown using the communal shower in other paths.

PS: no fair using the old joke that it's OK because she's blind and the other guys would never tell.

Post by Guest »

Did the devs make Misha cut off her drills to piss off fans who keep pestering for a Misha path? (I am not one of them)

I still love her, though.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the VN. Great job!
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bhaal!? wrote:A question, we know now Emi lost a school year, is not natural to assume the same for Hanako?
You can assume that if you like.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:I put this in feedback because it seems like an error, but in Lilly's path she wakes up Monday morning in Hisao's dorm room and takes a shower. Kenji's scenes show a typical boy's dorm communal bathroom/shower, so where is Lilly taking this shower? Even if it was 4:00 AM, Hisao can't assume an empty boy's bathroom, and the dorm simply wouldn't have a girl's shower anywhere. At best, he'd have to scout out the bathroom first and stand guard for Lilly to take a shower. Or he somehow now has a private shower, but is shown using the communal shower in other paths.

PS: no fair using the old joke that it's OK because she's blind and the other guys would never tell.
Only he and Kenji use the bathroom in their corridor because the other dorm rooms are not in use. And Kenji is blind.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:Did the devs make Misha cut off her drills to piss off fans who keep pestering for a Misha path?
No.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Aura wrote:
Merlyn_LeRoy wrote:I put this in feedback because it seems like an error, but in Lilly's path she wakes up Monday morning in Hisao's dorm room and takes a shower. Kenji's scenes show a typical boy's dorm communal bathroom/shower, so where is Lilly taking this shower? Even if it was 4:00 AM, Hisao can't assume an empty boy's bathroom, and the dorm simply wouldn't have a girl's shower anywhere. At best, he'd have to scout out the bathroom first and stand guard for Lilly to take a shower. Or he somehow now has a private shower, but is shown using the communal shower in other paths.

Only he and Kenji use the bathroom in their corridor because the other dorm rooms are not in use. And Kenji is blind.
ONLY LEGALLY!

Post by Guest »

First off, congrats for going gold. I'm glad you guys finally made it. But enough of that, and let's get to the point.

Someone on a certain English imageboard apparently extracted the files in the game and uploaded it in .zip format. I took a quick peek to see what lies within, and sure enough, it's everything in-game. Events, BGM, SFX, the cinematics, the whole shebang. Below lie spoilers, for those of you who haven't played through. You have been warned.

I looked through the event image folder, and saw a rin_goodend subfolder and a rin_trueend subfolder. It seems like the folders were organized and labeled properly, which makes me assume that the files were extracted and uploaded as is, save for the fact they were compressed into a .zip file. This brings me to my question: Is Rin's canon ending really the one where she leaves Hisao in the rain?
DR

Post by DR »

Guest wrote:I looked through the event image folder, and saw a rin_goodend subfolder and a rin_trueend subfolder. It seems like the folders were organized and labeled properly, which makes me assume that the files were extracted and uploaded as is, save for the fact they were compressed into a .zip file. This brings me to my question: Is Rin's canon ending really the one where she leaves Hisao in the rain?
This is also something that has been bothering me.
Is there paths that can be considered "true" instead of only good and bad?
kourousx

Post by kourousx »

On pronunciation:

Katawa: The stress is on the second syllable?

Thanks to these posts,
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 105#p44066
http://media.indiedb.com/cache/audio/ga ... _Panel.mp3

I know that Hisao and Shizune have what we Americans call a "short I" sound as in the word tin. However, how should Hichan and Shichan be pronounced? (I hear it in my head as HEchan and SHE chan)

Post by Guest »

Aura wrote: Those kinds of comments are my favourite kind. Like, at this point I don't really care that much about literary analysis or reviews of the game, but people commenting how they were emotionally touched feels very special.
You'll be happy to hear that I'm in the same boat, then. Hisao's various musings have helped me come to terms with my own disability in such a way that I hadn't even realized that I hadn't come to terms with it before, and I've been up till 6 in the morning for the last few days because the paths have left me with too much to think about.

On a less sappy note, was stuff like Emi being offended at Hisao trying to "fix" her and Hanako's bad end purposely lashing out at "white knighting" or was it merely coincidence?

Post by Guest »

I LOVED Katawa Shoujo
I'm gonna be visiting some anime cons in belgium/netherlands.
I'd love to spread the word about the game. Is it fine if I hand it out to people who are interested? (if they are over the age of 18 ofcourse)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

kourousx wrote:On pronunciation:

Katawa: The stress is on the second syllable?

Thanks to these posts,
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 105#p44066
http://media.indiedb.com/cache/audio/ga ... _Panel.mp3

I know that Hisao and Shizune have what we Americans call a "short I" sound as in the word tin. However, how should Hichan and Shichan be pronounced? (I hear it in my head as HEchan and SHE chan)
Yeah, slight weight on "ta", and that's more or less how the nicknames are pronounced.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Guest wrote:I LOVED Katawa Shoujo
I'm gonna be visiting some anime cons in belgium/netherlands.
I'd love to spread the word about the game. Is it fine if I hand it out to people who are interested? (if they are over the age of 18 ofcourse)
You're free to distribute KS as long as it's for free and attributed to us.
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Does Hisao have a pacemaker or any other kind of hardware inside of him?
the_phenom

Post by the_phenom »

Are you surprised about how some of the routes have been received?

For instance, did you anticipate there would be such disappointment at the Shizune route, love for the Lilly, Rin and Hanako routes and did you expect that some communities would react to Emi the way that they have?