Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Otakumon

Re: Ask!

Post by Otakumon »

Why was the 'Yamaku Catburglar' side story in Emi's arc left unfinished? I know the whole Kenji/Yuuko relationship thing is a mindgame you guys were playing on us in all the arcs but the thefts could have been solved without spilling the beans on that. It was more in the background in the other arcs but had a clear beginning and middle in Emi's that made it stand out more. Not wrapping it up sort of left the arc with an unfinished feel to it.

About the Lilly shower thing. If she is using the shower at the end of the hall then how can Hisao hear the sound of the shower cease while he's sitting in his room? I thought Lilly was the one with good ears. :wink:
moonpalace

Post by moonpalace »

I made some critical remarks here and I feel really bad about it. I hope you guys didn't care but I want to apologise anyway. Yesterday I felt unbearably depressed and cried about Emi, Rin and my life in general. My criticism was mostly just a way of expressing my frustration at how this game made me feel and avoiding the feelings it had actually brought up in me. Even just saying that I feel a lot lighter actually. Thanks.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

moonpalace wrote:I made some critical remarks here and I feel really bad about it. I hope you guys didn't care but I want to apologise anyway. Yesterday I felt unbearably depressed and cried about Emi, Rin and my life in general. My criticism was mostly just a way of expressing my frustration at how this game made me feel and avoiding the feelings it had actually brought up in me. Even just saying that I feel a lot lighter actually. Thanks.
You aren't alone in feeling that way, I've been down for weeks, Im not sleeping and the game has pulled at my heartstrings in the most profound way its unreal, Which has made me question a lot of things about life to, So I know how you're feeling,
Heyer

Post by Heyer »

I really loved some of the pictures of Lilly from within the game, is there anyway to extract the pictures fromt he gallery, so that I can hang it on my wall? :D Perhaps a higher res version?
scoopnokes

Post by scoopnokes »

Heyer wrote:I really loved some of the pictures of Lilly from within the game, is there anyway to extract the pictures fromt he gallery, so that I can hang it on my wall? :D Perhaps a higher res version?
i'm for this as well. I would appreciate having this pictures able to be extracted ot a higher resolution
whathaveicreated

Post by whathaveicreated »

Is Mutou's character inspired by Doctor Who, more accurately David Tennant?
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Heyer wrote:I really loved some of the pictures of Lilly from within the game, is there anyway to extract the pictures fromt he gallery, so that I can hang it on my wall? :D Perhaps a higher res version?
Likely won't happen.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

whathaveicreated wrote:Is Mutou's character inspired by Doctor Who, more accurately David Tennant?
Partially.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kaiio wrote:1. How tall is Hisao?
2. I've noticed his scar isn't present on the CGs. Is it because it has almost faded (even though the girls comment on it when they notice it) or was it unintentional?
1. 171 cm.
2. It's there, mostly faded.
heyer

Post by heyer »

Thanks for the answer :D, but how come there will be no printable versions of the ingame art? Though i kinda can relate to it, if it's because the pictures have a special value to you :P
ihatepeace22

Post by ihatepeace22 »

Was the fact that all conversation is realistic, with awkward pauses and such, intentional or just a result of the authors?

I'm asking this because it was one of the reasons I really, really enjoyed the game. Everything, from the characters thoughts and actions to their interactions, is so possible it makes everything that much more endearing.
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Aura wrote:
Lurker wrote:
2) How many people worked on KS at any one time?

2) 21 is the final roster of 4LS.
I'm Sorry, I must have been ambiguous with that question. Let me rephrase it:
Did all 21 of you work on this project from beginning to end? If not, how many people were working at one time, on average?

Edit: Another question, if you don't mind:

How would you feel about a fan continuation of KS? A KS2, if you will, but not developed by 4LS(although any former members would assuredly be welcome).

Note:This is NOT actual proposal, I'm just curious about how you feel about the idea in general. Let's assume that the proposing group looks well organized and able to complete a project of that magnitude.
Last edited by Lurker on Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ihatepeace22 wrote:Was the fact that all conversation is realistic, with awkward pauses and such, intentional or just a result of the authors?

I'm asking this because it was one of the reasons I really, really enjoyed the game. Everything, from the characters thoughts and actions to their interactions, is so possible it makes everything that much more endearing.
We did write the script like it is intentionally, yes.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Lurker wrote:
Aura wrote:
Lurker wrote:
2) How many people worked on KS at any one time?

2) 21 is the final roster of 4LS.
I'm Sorry, I must have been ambiguous with that question. Let me rephrase it:
Did all 21 of you work on this project from beginning to end? If not, how many people were working at one time, on average?
No, and the average is slightly less.
Standoff

Post by Standoff »

Aura wrote:Very likely no.
Understandable but too bad at any rate.

I'm rarely actually impressed by a game of this type, but in this case definately am. :)