Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

Nearly everybody is doomed to suffer a hospital visit at some time during a four-plus-year job. Now, if you want to call that a "curse"... :p
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Were Lilly and Shizune class representatives in their first and second years?
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Leaty wrote:Were Lilly and Shizune class representatives in their first and second years?
Yes.
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Silentcook wrote:Nearly everybody is doomed to suffer a hospital visit at some time during a four-plus-year job. Now, if you want to cal that a "curse"... :p
Hey man some of us don't go to hospitals because we can't afford them and just use haphazard first aid techniques when we get hurt.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Suriko wrote:
Leaty wrote:Were Lilly and Shizune class representatives in their first and second years?
Yes.
That actually has quite important implications. Also for fanfic. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

brythain wrote:That actually has quite important implications.
How so?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
brythain

Post by brythain »

ArcCain wrote:
brythain wrote:That actually has quite important implications.
How so?
It would establish that both Lilly and Shizune likely possessed certain attributes in common, and that these attributes may have been fairly consistent.

In many Japanese high schools, class reps are chosen for academic superiority and decent ability to handle class routines and paperwork. This isn't always the case—worst case, you get picked randomly and every year the teacher asks "Who was class rep last year?" and you get it again. However, from what we see of the girls, they both are pretty competent types in their own ways. There's a lot more that can be said.

I guess this is only implied, hence speculative, so belongs in the headcanon thread or some such. I apologise for the spam.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Evotic

Post by Evotic »

Is there ANY CHANCE for Katawa Shoujo 2? And if you don't mind, can you give an explanation to why, and also the timeframe that we can expect for the release? Please. Pretty please? :P
"I don't care if you are rejected by the whole world. If that ever happens, remember that I will accept you even more. I'm on your side, and that's that."
Razoredge

Post by Razoredge »

I want to ask something.
Is Miki have a specific sexual orientation? Or she's just really open-minded about this?

Yeah, it's an akward question, but I need to know this for my writting XD
Lilly = Akira > Miki = Hanako > Emi > Rin > Shizune

Stuff I'm currently writing : Beyond the haze : A Lilly Satou pseudo-route, Lullaby of an open heart : A Saki pseudo-route & Sakura Blossom : A way with Hisao
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Evotic wrote:Is there ANY CHANCE for Katawa Shoujo 2? And if you don't mind, can you give an explanation to why, and also the timeframe that we can expect for the release? Please. Pretty please? :P
No chance.
Because the devs said so:
Suriko wrote:Q: Will there be a fandisc, sequel, or prequel to Katawa Shoujo?
A: No. There will be no other work in any way related to Katawa Shoujo.
Timeframe: Never.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Evotic wrote:Is there ANY CHANCE for Katawa Shoujo 2? And if you don't mind, can you give an explanation to why, and also the timeframe that we can expect for the release? Please. Pretty please? :P
Of course there's a chance, but it's pretty unlikely.

Making visual novels, especially of Katawa Shoujo's magnitude, is extremely hard work. Since we avoid commercializing KS, the only incentive we have for making a sequel is our own motivation and interest. Let's say we are starting a new project. We could either make a KS sequel, or something else. The problem with making a KS sequel is that it's less interesting than the other option, since that could be literally anything we're into and KS isn't that great in comparison. It's a highschool romance, a trite genre that visual novels are completely saturated with. Even though KS's setting is mildly better than a generic Japanese highschool, it's heavily burdened by some bad design decisions we made when we were beginners. There just aren't any upsides to making more KS compared to a fresh start, except the guaranteed popularity (which we don't give a fuck about) and the already existing setting reducing workload (which isn't really an upside). Thus I, and probably most other 4LS members would rather use our time, creativity and efforts into something that interests us more than Katawa Shoujo 2

Of course at some point in the future we might change our minds about all this, or planets might align in just the right way. This is partially why we reserve the rights of KS to ourselves. I just don't see it happening, realistically. That's why you shouldn't expect a sequel to happen.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Honestly, KS doesn't need a sequel. It could be done, but it just doesn't need it. Some other project from 4LS, and that's any other VN or maybe something completely different, would be exciting to see. More than a KS sequel, really.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Kon22 wrote:Honestly, KS doesn't need a sequel.
There's a faction of KS fans who disagree. We've got some feedback from people who feel the stories are incomplete and should be continued to the adulthood of the characters in a sequel.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
brythain

Post by brythain »

Aura, I've been digging around the forums a while, but I've not been able to find an answer to this. Have you ever given Natsume Ooe a personality of her own, and what do you think she would be like as a person?

Delta, I'd like to ask the same question of you, but for Naomi Inoue's personality and behaviour.

Thanks!
azarga

Post by azarga »

Aura wrote:
Kon22 wrote:Honestly, KS doesn't need a sequel.
There's a faction of KS fans who disagree. We've got some feedback from people who feel the stories are incomplete and should be continued to the adulthood of the characters in a sequel.
Well, I personally prefer endings that are very clear and "finished", or maybe I just dislike open endings for some reason. Having that said, I was able to find peace with the way KS stories end. And though I would absolutely love to have more KS, I think it is fine without a sequel, I don't feel that it is somehow "unfinished".
I will welcome KS sequel if it will ever come out, but if it won't, KS still is a dear memory to me.