Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Re: Ask!

Post by Suriko »

Kon22 wrote:If it's okay to ask, what do you guys do for a living? I'm just curious, and I'm also going for that "I-dunno-what-to-do-with-my-life" phase. So yeah, that. I know most of you only took the making of KS as a side project and no one wants to get into the gaming industry as something serious, no?
I work in IT, first helpdesk then in a network operations centre.

The closest I get to my KS work is writing technical documentation.
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
FBOF wrote:Have any of you got the link to Weee's profile on DeviantArt? Saw you guys mention the name hence was intrested if his/her stuff was just as good. Tried looking it up via the search-function on DA but got only pieces titled "weee" and pasting it in the address bar gave me the profile of a British women who has no art or favourites on display.

Thanks in advance for the aid.
Weee has a deviantArt page here. She also has a tumblr page here, and wrote an interesting Katawa Shoujo retrospective blog post here. Weee/Raemz is a girl; most of the art staff was made up of teenage girls, with only a few guys contributing additional art such like Doomfest and Climactic. I learned most of this from reading Weee's KS retrospective...you should check it out, it's a pretty informative and entertaining read. :)
Aura wrote:
FBOF wrote:Have any of you got the link to Weee's profile on DeviantArt? Saw you guys mention the name hence was intrested if his/her stuff was just as good. Tried looking it up via the search-function on DA but got only pieces titled "weee" and pasting it in the address bar gave me the profile of a British women who has no art or favourites on display.

Thanks in advance for the aid.
http://raemz-desu.deviantart.com
Many thanks to the both of you. Favouriting the blog for the weekend when I'm able to sit down and have a read. Looking forward to it!

It's also intresting to read how everybody has moved up in their lives yet got a strong connection with one another due to this project (since everybody seems to visit the forums regularly enough to answer these questions). Cheers for the continued support & the share in that regard!
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Atario wrote:
TheHivemind wrote:it's writing marketing materials for a technology firm and not, you know, writing fiction.
I've seen a lot of tech marketing that is indeed fiction :P
You could make a pretty strong argument that I still write fiction, yes. Just far less interesting fiction.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Is this a project you are aware of and has sanctioned?

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/13 ... -shoujo-2/
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

This has been asked before, and you'll find the answer in the comments beneath the article you linked.
Yes, they are aware of it by now, and no, it has not been sanctioned.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

And it has also changed its name (for starters) as a direct consequence of the above.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

dullian

Post by dullian »

Hello. I'm not sure if this has been answered before, but what is the deal with those pre-alpha versions that have been released using 'leaked scripts'? Were those scripts actually leaked? Care to give a bit more of information about those scripts or your opinion about them? Thanks.
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

This kind of question is dangerous here.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

You should probably read the forum rules, but even with just common sense it should be pretty obvious that this is not a place where bringing that up is a good idea. We ban people for it even, since talking about it proliferates the thing.

As for an opinion: it's a shitty and unfortunate thing to happen and made me sad, angry and paranoid. I wish people would leave them alone. Of course they won't and there's no point crying over spilled milk, so the best I can do is not worry about it.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Two questions: Was it ever established what type of business the Satou family and Akira is involved in? Real estate, banking, international law, etc?

Second, some of the early art floating around the web shows Saki but not Rika. During early development, were there ever plans to add one or both of them either as background characters or full routes, or were they created specifically for the April Fool's post?
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The Satous were just estabilished as "filthy rich". The exact details were never fleshed out, though I dimly remember chatter about a diamond mine in South Africa. This was long, LONG ago.

Saki had a brief chance at being a background character, then delta said "NO" and she slunk to the April Fool's post. :mrgreen: "The KS devs cut one/several routes" is just plain bullshit which I think I debunked already some posts ago, as long as you don't consider a few notes, an outline, or a short scene a "route".
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The diamond mine thing was in a design phase where Lilly's mother was South African herself, iirc. She went through a couple nationalities before Suriko settled on British.

And to clarify the timeline, both Saki and Rika were created exclusively for April Fools. Later, I thought I'd want to explore a theme and considered using Saki for it, but it got dropped.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

It's Scottish, you filthy casual :lol:

Thank you two for the responses. I was just confused since Saki's sprite seems to be complete in the style of the rest while Rika's was rough, and Whee did some facial portraits that had her in it along with Miki and a gender-bent Mutou.

Plus the Akira question was part of some research I'm doing, so I couldn't remember if it was established what exactly they do.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

In 2007 - and going strong for the forseeable future - Scotland still is a part of Britain.
Saying Lilly is not British is like telling a Japanese he's not from Asia^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:In 2007 - and going strong for the forseeable future - Scotland still is a part of Britain.
Saying Lilly is not British is like telling a Japanese he's not from Asia^^°
Technically, Scotland can't geographically not be part of Britain. As is England, also. And Wales.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)