Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: Ask!

Post by Aura »

havoc wrote:How did the charaters come about, did you have people who served as thier base model? (not talking about apperance)
Explaining creative process is terrible. We just threw shit at a wall to see what stuck. Some characters were made for functional needs, to fill a role needed in the story, so their characteristics fit that purpose. I don't think any character was consciously modeled after someone, but obvious every character has hints and touches of tens or hundreds of people we've come across. That's how this stuff works.
havoc wrote:Also i am kinda curious does the origional team from four leaf still have contact witt eachother?
And are you currently working on anything anything or will there be no more artbooks and such?
Is there even a slight chance four leaf will make another game, not necessarily a sequel or anything.
Yes
Yes
Yes
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

ParagonTerminus wrote:What was your inspiration for the logo?
The idea didn't come from any 4LS member, but I think a heart is rather obvious for a romance story? We can pretend the band-aid is inspired by Peter Kruder's album "Peace Orchestra".
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Why exactly did 4LS decide to set in stone the idea that KS2 will never exist? Is it because of the strain of work, a lack of inspiration to continue, a feeling that you shouldn't start again without all the original writers, etc.?
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Making visual novels is hard work. Is it worth it? The only reward we get out of working on this stuff is our own self-satisfaction and sense of accomplishment. I, and I believe everyone in 4LS, feels that working on a KS sequel would be less fulfilling than working on something fresh.

By working on a sequel we'd limit our creative freedom significantly, in trade for... what? Getting some hard creative decisions ready-made for us, in the form of the familiar setting. Problem with KS is that many of those decisions aren't really attractive. Why would I make that tradeoff? I'm not particularly keen on writing teenager highschool drama. I happily wrote it for KS, but I'm not too sad if I never do it again. Neither do I think that the characters are so compelling that bringing them to another kind of setting (the always popular "KS cast as adults" sequel) would be worthwhile at all. In short, there's no real benefit to doing KS2 over something else.

This was looking at the question purely from the angle of the creative work being put into it. Other considerations exist, but I don't think they're too significant.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Question for the writers: Of the various fanfics that have been written about KS, do you consider any of them to be of a quality equal to or better than your own work on the game? If so, which?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

I am pretty sure none of us reads fanfiction. Either way, it's somewhat probable that some of it is pretty good?
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Aura wrote:I am pretty sure none of us reads fanfiction. Either way, it's somewhat probable that some of it is pretty good?

It's funny, it's always like this. I wonder why writers don't like to read fanfics of their own work. :)
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Well, I don't read fan fiction of any sort, KS or not.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Aura wrote:I am pretty sure none of us reads fanfiction.
Really? I was sure I'd read that one or more of you read the KS fan stuff exhaustively, or at least did for a time…?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

The only 4LS member who I positively know has ever read any amount of KS fanfiction is Silentcook. Perhaps he has input?
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Comrade wrote:How did Misha(Shizune?) knew what Hisao was thinking in "Smalltalk" (Act 1, day 2)?

God magic?
Any answer on this?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Zarys

Post by Zarys »

Comrade wrote:
Comrade wrote:How did Misha(Shizune?) knew what Hisao was thinking in "Smalltalk" (Act 1, day 2)?

God magic?
Any answer on this?
I think that only Anonymous22 knows.
"With my eternal life, I will see the world through to its end. Until everyone who won't like me is gone."
— Porky Minch

"Can you face your fears ?"
— Hanako

I speak from the noise
Souls and shapes, forever twisted
the lost voices of the damned
lure the bringer of despair
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Comrade wrote:

God magic?
Any answer on this?
Question is pretty vague and I don't want to start guessing which line you mean. What are you asking about?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Aura wrote:
ParagonTerminus wrote:What was your inspiration for the logo?
The idea didn't come from any 4LS member, but I think a heart is rather obvious for a romance story? We can pretend the band-aid is inspired by Peter Kruder's album "Peace Orchestra".
Here's the logo thread from the old KS forum:
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Zettai_Shojo ... c=243&st=0

Some of the .jpg links are gone, though.

But there are also a couple logos from that thread here:
http://intrepid.chendo.net/hurr/k-s/logos/

And here are some more that google image cache has where the original is gone:
plain heart
plain heart
Unknown-1.jpeg (4.3 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
horz text logo
horz text logo
Unknown.jpeg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 5336 times
ginywiny

Post by ginywiny »

Can I have an answer why is it that I feel so destroyed after Emi's good ending? It is a happy one, but I just feel ruined.