Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Valjean Lafitte

Re: Ask!

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Question for Aura and/or TheHivemind:

In Act 1 there is scene in which Hisao asks Emi what she and Rin do together when they hang out; Emi says that in addition to shopping at the art store with Rin, she often takes Rin to a music store where they sell "all kinds of weird stuff" that Rin listens to to get inspiration for her artwork. So I guess my question is twofold: A), what types of music would Rin listen to for inspiration and B), how weird is weird as far as Emi is concerned?
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:Question for Aura and/or TheHivemind:

In Act 1 there is scene in which Hisao asks Emi what she and Rin do together when they hang out; Emi says that in addition to shopping at the art store with Rin, she often takes Rin to a music store where they sell "all kinds of weird stuff" that Rin listens to to get inspiration for her artwork. So I guess my question is twofold: A), what types of music would Rin listen to for inspiration and B), how weird is weird as far as Emi is concerned?
a) I have no idea. Maybe stuff like Ne nehledej, or maybe she just puts on late-era Tom Waits.

b) Pretty weird. Emi's the sort to give most things a try at least once or twice. That Ne nehledej stuff might be too much for her, though.
Valjean Lafitte

Thanks for the response. That Iva Bittova stuff is weird, but I think I like it! I could imagine it driving Emi crazy though.
"Everything."
Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

If it's okay to ask, what do you guys do for a living? I'm just curious, and I'm also going for that "I-dunno-what-to-do-with-my-life" phase. So yeah, that. I know most of you only took the making of KS as a side project and no one wants to get into the gaming industry as something serious, no?
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

I'm a neurosurgery OR nurse. I never made any secret of my job, but if you expect all the others to care to or want to respond, you will be disappointed.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Kon22

Post by Kon22 »

Nah, I fully expected that. But it was worth a shot, cause at least you said it.

Also, how interesting.
Atario

Post by Atario »

On those same lines but less open-endedly: do any of the devs do vocationally what they did on the game? Not just the writers, but everyone.

I have a sneaking suspicion people like weee and Mike Inel are actual pros by now if not back then…
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Valjean Lafitte

Atario wrote:On those same lines but less open-endedly: do any of the devs do vocationally what they did on the game? Not just the writers, but everyone.

I have a sneaking suspicion people like weee and Mike Inel are actual pros by now if not back then…
Mike's deviantArt profile says he's a professional, but I think anyone on dA can claim that without reason. But I think he is. I don't want to live in a world where Mike Inel and weee don't make a living doing what they do best.
Last edited by Valjean Lafitte on Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Everything."
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
Atario wrote:On those same lines but less open-endedly: do any of the devs do vocationally what they did on the game? Not just the writers, but everyone.
Mike's deviantArt profile says he's a professional, but I think anyone on dA can claim that with out reason. But I think he is. I don't want to live in a world where Mike Inel and weee don't make a living doing what they do best.
Being a 'Professional', if I'm right, refers to one doing something as a profession, i.e. you are paid to do it... Meaning "professional" is a rather vague term :P

I'm pretty sure Mike and Weee probably are legitimate professionals, their work is fucking great, but as far as the average deviantARTist can claim it's rather questionable.
I mean, if someone were to pay me £5 to draw cocks all over their bedroom walls, I could argue that I was a 'Professional Interior Decorator' :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
FBOF

Post by FBOF »

Have any of you got the link to Weee's profile on DeviantArt? Saw you guys mention the name hence was intrested if his/her stuff was just as good. Tried looking it up via the search-function on DA but got only pieces titled "weee" and pasting it in the address bar gave me the profile of a British women who has no art or favourites on display.

Thanks in advance for the aid.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Off the top of my head I can count at least six 4LS members who either study or have a job with something related to what they did in project KS.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

FBOF wrote:Have any of you got the link to Weee's profile on DeviantArt? Saw you guys mention the name hence was intrested if his/her stuff was just as good. Tried looking it up via the search-function on DA but got only pieces titled "weee" and pasting it in the address bar gave me the profile of a British women who has no art or favourites on display.

http://raemz-desu.deviantart.com
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Valjean Lafitte

FBOF wrote:Have any of you got the link to Weee's profile on DeviantArt? Saw you guys mention the name hence was intrested if his/her stuff was just as good. Tried looking it up via the search-function on DA but got only pieces titled "weee" and pasting it in the address bar gave me the profile of a British women who has no art or favourites on display.

Weee has a deviantArt page here. She also has a tumblr page here, and wrote an interesting Katawa Shoujo retrospective blog post here. Weee/Raemz is a girl; most of the art staff was made up of teenage girls, with only a few guys contributing additional art such like Doomfest and Climactic. I learned most of this from reading Weee's KS retrospective...you should check it out, it's a pretty informative and entertaining read. :)
"Everything."
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Kon22 wrote:If it's okay to ask, what do you guys do for a living? I'm just curious, and I'm also going for that "I-dunno-what-to-do-with-my-life" phase. So yeah, that. I know most of you only took the making of KS as a side project and no one wants to get into the gaming industry as something serious, no?
I actually do make my money writing, but it's writing marketing materials for a technology firm and not, you know, writing fiction.
Atario

Post by Atario »

TheHivemind wrote:it's writing marketing materials for a technology firm and not, you know, writing fiction.
I've seen a lot of tech marketing that is indeed fiction :P
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote