Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

If you trawl the whole thread (yeah, I know) you'll find more. I don't think most of us were or would be shy about our favorite reading, but an aggregate account such as you imply would end up extremely schizophrenic just from the amount of people involved.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

Maybe someone else has the answer to this, as I've looked on the forums and if the answer is out there, I'm sorry for failing in using the proper search terms!

What are the "rough" dates for things like summer break and Tanabata?

The reason I ask is that Hisao transfers to the school on the 4th of June, and the summer break in most Japanese schools is near the end of July through the end of August. Would that mean Tanabata happened a few weeks into the break? It's traditionally held on the 6-8th in Sendai, but it would seem that Yamaku doesn't have a traditional summer break in that timeframe, from Shizune's route.
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

Eurobeatjester wrote:Maybe someone else has the answer to this, as I've looked on the forums and if the answer is out there, I'm sorry for failing in using the proper search terms!

What are the "rough" dates for things like summer break and Tanabata?

The reason I ask is that Hisao transfers to the school on the 4th of June, and the summer break in most Japanese schools is near the end of July through the end of August. Would that mean Tanabata happened a few weeks into the break? It's traditionally held on the 6-8th in Sendai, but it would seem that Yamaku doesn't have a traditional summer break in that timeframe, from Shizune's route.
Official Dev response from earlier in the thread: Here

Official Dev response from outside the thread: Here

Unofficial Non-Dev detailed discussion of possibilities: Here and Here and Here and Here and probably elsewhere.

Short Answer: July-August, with a general narrative , regional, and cultural bias toward August.
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

If NicolAmarfi's still about: by any chance, did the work of Motohiro Nakashima have any bearing on how you composed certain tracks (in particular the calmer tracks, like Afternoon, School Days, Daylight - that kind of thing)? Obviously it's a bit of a shot in the dark, but the way that he composes his pieces - kinda chilled folky bits with little delicate additions - is fairly similar to some tracks here.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

I was just playing the Grid1 demo and was wondering whatever happened to KS' original sprite artist, Kekekeke? Why did he quit the team, and is there anywhere I can follow his current art (if he's still drawing)? Thanks.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Was there any reason behind Lilly and Kenji's family names being so similar?
Not Dead Yet
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Oddball wrote:Was there any reason behind Lilly and Kenji's family names being so similar?
Nope. Just coincidence.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Suriko wrote:
Oddball wrote:Was there any reason behind Lilly and Kenji's family names being so similar?
Nope. Just coincidence.
Also Sato (and various other spellings) are damned common in Japan.

Surname extinction is a real thing.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:I was just playing the Grid1 demo and was wondering whatever happened to KS' original sprite artist, Kekekeke? Why did he quit the team, and is there anywhere I can follow his current art (if he's still drawing)? Thanks.
Honestly can't remember. I think that was really early on, before any of us knew how much work was involved.

I think he went radio silent for a few months and then we started getting annoyed at him and looking for other artists.

I know Lilly's original writer, StirFriedWeasel, got hit by a truck and was hospitalised for some time.

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

cpl_crud wrote:I know Lilly's original writer, StirFriedWeasel, got hit by a truck and was hospitalised for some time.
Oh man, poor guy. Did he get out of hospital all right?
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:I know Lilly's original writer, StirFriedWeasel, got hit by a truck and was hospitalised for some time.
Oh man, poor guy. Did he get out of hospital all right?
Yeah, eventually she did but it was a few months and I think that Suriko was already on board.

And a good thing too, else Lilly would have owned a nice boat.

------
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

cpl_crud wrote:Yeah, eventually she did but it was a few months and I think that Suriko was already on board.

In one fell swoop you dodged another endless meme. Good job guys. ;)
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Valjean Lafitte wrote:I was just playing the Grid1 demo and was wondering whatever happened to KS' original sprite artist, Kekekeke? Why did he quit the team?
I seem to remember ke^4 fell prey to artist self-loathing. You know, "my stuff is shit, all I do sucks, I can't do this". Fairly common ailment.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

ArcCain wrote:
cpl_crud wrote:Yeah, eventually she did but it was a few months and I think that Suriko was already on board.

In one fell swoop you dodged another endless meme. Good job guys. ;)

I actually think that the others saved you all from a lot of my early days crap writing.
At one point we would have had a lot of honorifics. That was a terrible idea.

------
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Silentcook wrote:I seem to remember ke^4 fell prey to artist self-loathing. You know, "my stuff is shit, all I do sucks, I can't do this". Fairly common ailment.
Self-criticism truly is a double-edged sword, on the one hand it's really good to have some, but you really need to moderate it or it will turn into self-loathing really fast.
cpl_crud wrote:I actually think that the others saved you all from a lot of my early days crap writing.
At one point we would have had a lot of honorifics. That was a terrible idea.
Yeah, you and Aura mentioned that honorifics didn't translate well into written form. I tested it with some literary doodles and it does look odd.