Yuuko
9%
Aoi & Keiko
1%

Total votes: 1274

Guest Poster

Re: Favourite Side character

Post by Guest Poster »

In general, my experience of life online over the last few decades always seems to come back to this.
I used to bring up the same argument back when I was moderator on a forum and was faced with visitors who thought that their mere presence entitled them to have a say in how things were run. I stopped viewing that thread after it became a random rant-fest anyway. No big loss.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Hideaki definitely needs to change somehow to become a functional adult (as do Rin, Hanako, Hisao... most of the main characters, really), but I have a hard time picturing him as a manly-man stud. I'd like to imagine he'll pursue a career in fashion or theater or costume design. Something that suits his taste for flamboyant clothing.
My OC, Kuki Kamikogo: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9500

Favorite Katawa Girls, in Order from Best to Worst:
Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Lilly had a cell-phone. That is all.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

someguy1294 wrote:Hideaki definitely needs to change somehow to become a functional adult (as do Rin, Hanako, Hisao... most of the main characters, really), but I have a hard time picturing him as a manly-man stud. I'd like to imagine he'll pursue a career in fashion or theater or costume design. Something that suits his taste for flamboyant clothing.
Are you saying being an effeminate man isn't being a "functional adult"??
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

KeiichiO wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:Hideaki definitely needs to change somehow to become a functional adult (as do Rin, Hanako, Hisao... most of the main characters, really), but I have a hard time picturing him as a manly-man stud. I'd like to imagine he'll pursue a career in fashion or theater or costume design. Something that suits his taste for flamboyant clothing.
Are you saying being an effeminate man isn't being a "functional adult"??
...I'm trying REAL hard to figure out if you're trolling me or not. :lol:

One can certainly be effeminate and functional, but Hideaki's problem isn't his femininity. It's his apparent apathy and detachment from those around him.

Rin, Hanako, Misha, Miki, Akira, Emi's Mom, Emi, Yuuko, Shizune, Iwanako, Lilly.

Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:It's his apparent apathy and detachment from those around him.
Are you saying being detached and apathetic isn't being a functional adult?

Cutthroat corporate leaders and politicians everywhere may disagree. :P And seeing as Shizune has that same set of traits, they'd make a hell of a team there. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote:It's his apparent apathy and detachment from those around him.

Cutthroat corporate leaders and politicians everywhere may disagree. :P And seeing as Shizune has that same set of traits, they'd make a hell of a team there. :lol:
They could be double trouble, man.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote:

Shizune is not apathetic. At all.

And yes, if you're completely apathetic and have no apparent direction in life (like Hideaki) I would say that you are not a functional adult.

Potato

Post by Potato »

someguy1294 wrote:
Potato wrote:

Shizune is not apathetic. At all.

And yes, if you're completely apathetic and have no apparent direction in life (like Hideaki) I would say that you are not a functional adult.
Right, except for when she is. Like her apathy toward all the shit Misha's going through or, for that matter, her apparent apathy in regard to anything she's ever compartmentalized and discarded as no longer relevant.

Only sociopaths are completely apathetic.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Potato wrote:
someguy1294 wrote: Shizune is not apathetic. At all.

Right, except for when she is. Like her apathy toward all the shit Misha's going through or, for that matter, her apparent apathy in regard to anything she's ever compartmentalized and discarded as no longer relevant.

Only sociopaths are completely apathetic.
...You're starting to lose me, man. :lol:

Shizune is not at all apathetic to Misha's suffering. She goes through massive efforts to try to help Misha, even in the Bad End. Shizune lives in the moment, but that isn't apathy; she merely puts value on what is present, ie, what actually exists, not on the past.

Sociopathy and apathy are completely different things, and I have no idea what that point was supposed to be about. Most sociopaths aren't apathetic at all: they care about what makes them happy, they just don't give a shit about anyone else.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

You might be thinking of Empathy which is the capacity to relate to others emotionally.
Not Dead Yet
someguy1294

Post by someguy1294 »

Oddball wrote:You might be thinking of Empathy which is the capacity to relate to others emotionally.
Actually, I'm fairly certain we were talking about antipathy, but it might homeopathy or hydropathy. The psychopathy of this myopathy's telepathy can probably be found on the Pathy Less Traveled.

Kenji is a jerk.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

someguy1294 wrote:
Oddball wrote:You might be thinking of Empathy which is the capacity to relate to others emotionally.
Actually, I'm fairly certain we were talking about antipathy, but it might homeopathy or hydropathy. The psychopathy of this myopathy's telepathy can probably be found on the Pathy Less Traveled.

Kenji is a jerk.
...I'm just going to smile and nod, and hope you weren't asking a question :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Atario

Post by Atario »

Never mind, he just had a touch of the ol' encephalopathy.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Atario wrote:Never mind, he just had a touch of the ol' encephalopathy.
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
RandomPerson

Post by RandomPerson »

I think the 11 percent choosing the nurse is how much like the emi route best
"Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind. But if you want to leave fine. Just know that I'll never forget you." - lelo and stitch

"What you talking 'bout tezuka" - Gary Coleman (RIP)