Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

bradpara

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by bradpara »

I just finished Lilly's route and got her good ending.

All I have to say is WOW.

This is by far the most conventional love story of the lot. If they ever made a Katawa Shoujo anime/manga/live action asian drama series. It would be based on this route. It was, like everyone (including Shizune's, stuff it haters) a very enjoyable experince for me, Katawa Shoujo as a whole has been a very enjoyable experince for me.

Lilly, dear Lilly, you may have just made my two way tie for favorite char into a three way. I liked her very much as a char and her story, fit her. I do kinda like that late in her arc she and Shizune finally began to reconcile. Also the scene in the Hosptial when the meet agan gave me a ton of feels.

And now, since was the last route on my list. I shall put Katawa Shoujo aside for a while. Maybe sometime I shall pck it up again and play a route. Shizune's prehaps, but I shall know when we get there.

5 girls, 5 paths, 5 happy endings
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Guest Poster wrote:Anyway, Hisao finally manages to get Lilly to stay by tearing down her rational, logical and measured lady role once more by doing what worked before...having a heart attack. ;)
I'll keep this in mind if I somehow get into the same situation haha ;)
bradpara wrote:This is by far the most conventional love story of the lot. If they ever made a Katawa Shoujo anime/manga/live action asian drama series. It would be based on this route. It was, like everyone (including Shizune's, stuff it haters) a very enjoyable experince for me, Katawa Shoujo as a whole has been a very enjoyable experince for me.
It is conventional, but despite this I enjoyed it the most :D I think i'm just a sucker for those types of endings haha but I still love Lilly <3
sharkfoo1

Post by sharkfoo1 »

fcd15 wrote:I'll just copy and paste my post from another thread.

I was really torn up inside when Lilly left for the airport and Hisao said only a fucking goodbye. I was like "Fuck you, man. The woman you love is leaving. F*ck Hanako f*ck Akira f*ck the taxi, just grab her and cry on her arms and beg her not to go. Do it, you *sshole. Damn, f*ck my life."I was really nervous, couldn't manage to do anything else but stare at the screen, hit the space bar, and hope for the best. And then he decided to go after her. I didn't know what I could hope about that. People said there was a neutral and a good ending. I honestly thought I was gonna get the neutral, which by itself is f*cking bad. Then he woke up in the hospital. I really thought things would end up like that, the doctor spilling out some sh*t and Hisao regretting everything he did not do.

Then, out of nowhere, that sound. That little nostalgic sound of a music box. I used to have one when I was a kid. But I never cried over it. Neither did I think to myself "Holy f*ck it can't be that f*cking music box no it can't b-HOLY SH*T I'M GONNA DIE." I didn't know how to react after hearing that small sound of that goddamn music box. I won't forget about it so soon.

That's when I started tearing up really bad. I had to dry them off to be able to see the screen. I thought everything was gonna end the way I wanted to, then... Credits. WHAT THE @#¨&¨%¨%#@#$??????? I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. I was ready to get on my knees and cry like a baby, since I was both happy and frustrated. Then I skipped them' credits. EPILOGUE. THERE'S AN EPILOGUE THERE'S A F*CKING EPILOGUE OH GOD MOTHERF***** YES.

Then I started to count. Maybe half a dozen tears rolled down my cheeks. That's my little story.
All thanks to Lilly, that goddamn princess. I can't believe how much I f*cking love that girl, and she's not even real. Damn you bitch.

Sorry for the swearing. It's tough to sum up all my emotions in one post. :cry: I'm definitely doing her route again. Then I'll hope there's a bonus for completing it twice while completing all the others only once. Maybe she'll materialize in front of me or something.
bro... you have read my mind, and my heart. we can only hope that one day, many lillys will visit us and take us to a far away planet so we can love eternally. bro-hug
newnar

Post by newnar »

I just completely completed Lilly's arc including the epilogue. It was so damn friggin good. At the ending. I completely had no preparation for such emotional breakdown. I could feel my own heart seize up as Hisao chased after Lilly's flight. So painful......now I truly understand........
PGleo86

Post by PGleo86 »

I played Lilly's route first. I almost (almost...) wish I hadn't. I got the bad ending my first time and it brought me to tears (I'm tearing up just remembering it while typing this). I had to go to sleep just after I got the bad ending because I had class early the next day; I couldn't get to sleep AT. ALL. After struggling through the day after, I replayed Lilly's route, determined to get the good end... and at first, I thought I didn't.Suriko was a sneaky bastard, making the good ending only a continuation of the bad ending. When I got to the hospital scene, I thought Lilly was gone forever, and that I'd managed to get a worse ending (if that's possible). And then the music box and Lilly and TEARS FLOWED LIKE WINE.

I don't think I can play the other routes for a while at least, I'm too emotionally spoiled
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

sharkfoo1 wrote:
fcd15 wrote:I'll just copy and paste my post from another thread.

I was really torn up inside when Lilly left for the airport and Hisao said only a fucking goodbye. I was like "Fuck you, man. The woman you love is leaving. F*ck Hanako f*ck Akira f*ck the taxi, just grab her and cry on her arms and beg her not to go. Do it, you *sshole. Damn, f*ck my life."I was really nervous, couldn't manage to do anything else but stare at the screen, hit the space bar, and hope for the best. And then he decided to go after her. I didn't know what I could hope about that. People said there was a neutral and a good ending. I honestly thought I was gonna get the neutral, which by itself is f*cking bad. Then he woke up in the hospital. I really thought things would end up like that, the doctor spilling out some sh*t and Hisao regretting everything he did not do.

Then, out of nowhere, that sound. That little nostalgic sound of a music box. I used to have one when I was a kid. But I never cried over it. Neither did I think to myself "Holy f*ck it can't be that f*cking music box no it can't b-HOLY SH*T I'M GONNA DIE." I didn't know how to react after hearing that small sound of that goddamn music box. I won't forget about it so soon.

That's when I started tearing up really bad. I had to dry them off to be able to see the screen. I thought everything was gonna end the way I wanted to, then... Credits. WHAT THE @#¨&¨%¨%#@#$??????? I couldn't believe it. I just couldn't. I was ready to get on my knees and cry like a baby, since I was both happy and frustrated. Then I skipped them' credits. EPILOGUE. THERE'S AN EPILOGUE THERE'S A F*CKING EPILOGUE OH GOD MOTHERF***** YES.

Then I started to count. Maybe half a dozen tears rolled down my cheeks. That's my little story.
All thanks to Lilly, that goddamn princess. I can't believe how much I f*cking love that girl, and she's not even real. Damn you bitch.

Sorry for the swearing. It's tough to sum up all my emotions in one post. :cry: I'm definitely doing her route again. Then I'll hope there's a bonus for completing it twice while completing all the others only once. Maybe she'll materialize in front of me or something.
bro... you have read my mind, and my heart. we can only hope that one day, many lillys will visit us and take us to a far away planet so we can love eternally. bro-hug
More power to ya man.
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

The worst part about Lilly's route imo is the futility of trying to find a girl like Lilly ; ;
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

Jailbot wrote:The worst part about Lilly's route imo is the futility of trying to find a girl like Lilly ; ;
It's not futile, it's useless. She's perfect cause she doesn't exist.
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

fcd15 wrote:
Jailbot wrote:The worst part about Lilly's route imo is the futility of trying to find a girl like Lilly ; ;
Well, useless is a synonym for futile, so yes it is futile.

Sorry if I sound like a douche, it's hard to display emotions that aren't sadness and anger on the internet. Picture the above statement being spoken in a gentle way, like a kindergarten teacher would.

Wow that sounds sarcastic. Sorry :(
fcd15

Post by fcd15 »

Jailbot wrote:
fcd15 wrote:
Well, useless is a synonym for futile, so yes it is futile.

Sorry if I sound like a douche, it's hard to display emotions that aren't sadness and anger on the internet. Picture the above statement being spoken in a gentle way, like a kindergarten teacher would.

Wow that sounds sarcastic. Sorry :(
Don't worry man, I know how the interwebz work. Futile is superficial and I guess most of us would be "ok I MUST I NEED I HAVE TO find a girl like Lilly", which would indicate a desperate necessity, instead of just wondering something like "oh she's great I think I should try and look for someone like her", which would be quite an effortless and, well, futile way to think about it.
I'll try to sum it up: Useless effort = goes miles for it, does everything to accomplish it but just can't, since she doesn't exist and so it's... useless. Futile effort = Thinks about how cool it would be to have a Lilly, just for the sake of it.
That's how I understood 'futility' as you said it. Not sure if my point will get across, though. :?
Jailbot

Post by Jailbot »

I see what you mean. If I had to put it in either of those two ways, I'd say the second one is a more accurate interpretation of my thoughts. (Thinks about how cool it would be to have a Lilly, just for the sake of it.)
Luisiroth

Post by Luisiroth »

Lilly´s was my second route (I tried to do that route from the beginning, but ended with Emi, as almost everyone), and my favourite by far. The final scene with the music box at the hospital was greatly done and touching. I was like "Oh My God, she's back for him, she's back for him!!!"
geekahedron

Post by geekahedron »

I think Lilly's route is not just the best for her and for Hisao, but Hanako's independence is even better for her than in her own storyline!
Would you come with me if I ran off to be a pirate?

Scene-by-scene flowcharts: Image 100% complete [ 100% completion walkthrough ]
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

The fact that Lilly is an "ara ara" girl gave me the feels, I love ara ara girls. :)
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

I played Lilly's path fist, managed to get the good ending, and I must say OH GOD MY FEELS MAN, MY FEELS. Specialy how everything goes downhill since "Farewell" and then how Hisao goes "Fuck this shit" so he decides to chase her and well I wont spoil anymore but it was rollercoaster of FEELS
Also, I loved how the Act 2 video foreshadows everything.
Final conclusion: 5/5 Lilly waifu of the year, all years
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?