Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Acerus

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Acerus »

mikifuryy wrote:in lillys route its disturbing that they have sex in the house but isn't like Hanako in the house????! if she's not i might have missed something which then i have to change my new pic i made :3
Why is that disturbing? Shouldn't the fact that they have sex in Lilly's dorm room be disturbing then too? I mean, they are still technically at school. And don't forget Emi's anal scene in the equipment storage room.

I'm just saying, seems pretty normal to me, even gives it that extra bit of excitement I think. Besides Hana already knew that Lilly was in love with Hisao, I doubt she was expecting complete abstinence from the both of them until their wedding day if/when that ever comes for the two (as part of official canon, I mean. Never mind the fanfics).
Completion: 100%

Lilly:       Completed
Emi:        Completed
Hanako:  Completed
Shizune: Completed
Rin:         Completed
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

I just want to point out that I love reading threads that are loaded with those spoiler tags.

It's like reading classified government documents with an x-ray scanner.
lildbb4

Post by lildbb4 »

I shed manly tears after getting Lilly's good ending. I honestlythought I got a bad ending when Hisao had that heart attack and it almost made me punch the screen.
Manly tears have been shed, ಥ_ಥ
ShadeHaven

Post by ShadeHaven »

lildbb4 wrote:I shed manly tears after getting Lilly's good ending. I honestlythought I got a bad ending when Hisao had that heart attack and it almost made me punch the screen.
I guess I'm one of the few that actually was sort of satisfied with him dying. I thought to myself "Well, you fucked up Hisao, but at least you died trying to do the right thing, or, at least what you thought was right." Then, of course he doesn't die and then all that other spoiler worthy stuff happens.
Kyvos

Post by Kyvos »

So I heard a bit about this game and thought, "No, it sounds stupid." I have no clue why, but I decided to play anyway. That was a great decision. I've only played through once, deciding that I'd just do whatever I'd do in real life. Again, great decision. I got Lilly's path, which seemed kinda meh at first, but got to be awesome. I knew this game had good, neutral, and bad endings, so when I got to the scene where you talk with Akira in the park, I thought I got the bad one. Then I realized that she hadn't necessarily decided yet, so maybe this was just where it splits. When I got to the scene in the Shangai, I was thinking, "Okay, I've been completely honest and super kind the whole way through. That's just what I'm like, so surely I've gotten the good ending." Then she said she was going. I would again say what went through my head, but I don't know to what degree this forum tolerates foul language, so I'll withhold. I kept playing anyway. It was depressing. Then, suddenly, Hisao decided to try to catch her before she left. OH MAH GAWD, maybe I got the good ending after all! The writing was brilliant. Twice more, with Hideaki and the heart attack, I thought I got the bad ending. Again, vulgar thoughts. With most stories, you kind of know it will turn out fine. With this though, there could be any one place I screwed up and the developers decided to punish me with a worse ending. Keeping in mind that I only had one save file and had spent almost 10 hours already, this was not okay with me. Back in the hospital, I thought, "My god, could this be more depressing?" They even reused the exact several lines from beginning of the game. The ones where he's like, "Arrythmia. An ugly word." and so on. Beautiful. I heard the music box immediately. "Why would they use that song? Why must they continue to torture me for one tiny wrong decision somewhere I don't even remember?" It was the actual box. OH MAH GAWD, I DID GET THE GOOD ENDING! The fact that I got such a beautiful story on my first try made me want to see if any of the others were anywhere near as brilliant. From what I've read about them, sadly no. To my knowledge, this was the only ending with such drama, with anything anywhere near the airport scene, with that throwback to the beginning, or most interestingly, an epilogue. For that final reason, I'm pretty sure this is the 'canon' ending if there is one.

tl;dr version:
Lilly's route was amazing. Easily got a 5/5 from me.
Myshina

Post by Myshina »

Helbereth wrote:I just want to point out that I love reading threads that are loaded with those spoiler tags.

It's like reading classified government documents with an x-ray scanner.
It makes me feel cool. Like some secret agent. xD
Xanatos wrote: Whips, of course. :P I don't do that submissive shit!
inquisitivenegro

Post by inquisitivenegro »

I liked how Lily's route had a much heavier emphasis on romance, although I never did figure out what made Lily fall for Hisao in the first place.
$50 says I live more South than all of you
mysterycycle

Post by mysterycycle »

inquisitivenegro wrote:I liked how Lily's route had a much heavier emphasis on romance, although I never did figure out what made Lily fall for Hisao in the first place.
I got the impression it was mostly because of the fact that he cares about Hanako, is fairly mature in his behavior, and chooses to spend time with Lilly. He also sticks up for her when she argues with Shizune, which, while she doesn't feel like she needs to be defended, I think she appreciates the chivalric sentiment. After that, I think it's mostly just making a real connection with him.
You are not alone, and you are not strange. You are you, and everyone has damage. Be the better person.
ImageImage
Couch to 5k with Emi: WD123 W2D123 W3D123 W4D123 W5D123 W6D123 W7D123 W8D123 W9D123
I'm making a Katawa Shoujo doujinshi!
My deviantArt
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

Yeah several times she mentions his kind, caring, gentle nature, and that she likes it even if he is a bit naive. She also appriciates his openess and honesty, and that he always tries to do the right thing even when he doesn't know how to do it correctly.
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
inquisitivenegro

Im still not convinced... I would have thought Lily woudn't be so easily impressed, since she does have to manage a large circle of friends and she does have many suitors
ravenlord

Post by ravenlord »

inquisitivenegro wrote:Im still not convinced... I would have thought Lily woudn't be so easily impressed, since she does have to manage a large circle of friends and she does have many suitors
Well, she is indeed not so easy to impress. If you don't nail all of her flags perfectly, then she dumps you either early on or in the end :P
Hanako>Shizune>Lilly>Emi>Rin {100% complete}
"痘痕も靨" (If there is love, then smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples) ~ Japanese proverb
inquisitivenegro

ravenlord wrote:
inquisitivenegro wrote:Im still not convinced... I would have thought Lily woudn't be so easily impressed, since she does have to manage a large circle of friends and she does have many suitors
Well, she is indeed not so easy to impress. If you don't nail all of her flags perfectly, then she dumps you either early on or in the end :P
Well I got Lily's good end on my first play through...does that make me chivalrous? :lol:

Btw talking about impressing Lily early on... I kind of felt like all I did was be nice to Hanako, but not too nice-so basically only while Lily was looking :(
txalolrn9

Post by txalolrn9 »

inquisitivenegro wrote:Btw talking about impressing Lily early on... I kind of felt like all I did was be nice to Hanako, but not too nice-so basically only while Lily was looking :(

Good one
It only hurts when I breathe
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

mysterycycle wrote:
inquisitivenegro wrote:I liked how Lily's route had a much heavier emphasis on romance, although I never did figure out what made Lily fall for Hisao in the first place.
I got the impression it was mostly because of the fact that he cares about Hanako, is fairly mature in his behavior, and chooses to spend time with Lilly. He also sticks up for her when she argues with Shizune, which, while she doesn't feel like she needs to be defended, I think she appreciates the chivalric sentiment. After that, I think it's mostly just making a real connection with him.
I think Hanako plays a huge deal in this. Lilly and Hanako practically treat each other as family. If Hanako said at any point she didn't care for Hisao (or any other suitor) Lilly would probably drop him pretty much immediately.

And considering NOBODY else seems to care about Hanako...

Other than that, I think it just boils down to them having similar interests and personalities. They both liking helping people out and tend to live laid back easy lives.

That might be another thing that Lilly finds comforting with Hisao. Hisao does things at her pace. He never rushes her or tries to get her to hrruy up. He only leads when she asks him to. For somebody that has to move at a slow pace by necessity yet still values her independence, that's probably really important to her.
Not Dead Yet
chomicze

Post by chomicze »

I went this route in my second gameplay, and... I find it hard to play any other. It just fits me most, in my opinion is also best written. I'm a big man, and was crying along with plot changes. From sadness, than with happy tears. Guess, that both characters (Hisao and Lilly) in this route were somewhat close to me - because of happenings in my past, I had to to be more 'adult' than everyone else in my school, and I really couldn't find any soulmate. When everyone was having fun, I had to earn money and take care of others. And I know it's sometimes very difficult and risky to fight for your dreams, so I thing i would run for someone like that risking my life IRL. You got me there 4LS, bull'seye.
Also it was the only route, where I got happy ending without any loadings.

5/5 without any hesitation.
And, as a reminder of Lilly: