Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

hickwarrior

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by hickwarrior »

pauper wrote:Just completed it, no feels or whatever.

Because..

It ended so abrupt, after she tells she had to go back, I expected it would take some time. Sadly, she left a few days later already? And it was kinda wierd that she didn't even had some kind of good-bye party? I enjoyed the path ALOT, but the ending was a bit disapointing imo.

EDIT: oh dangit i got the bad ending, gotta redo some things now :P
I already wanted to say :lol: Still, at the other ending, it's really heart rending if cliché. As if you can feel what Hisao's going through.

EDIT: @Althamus Well, if you read through it again, you kind of notice that her prim and proper way of handling things is more or less a façade.

Well, that's from what I've read around these forums as well as having gone through it again. But this is only my perspective right now. Still, this one sentence says it all: "I merely have a healthy adolescent sex drive." -Lilly Satou
Last edited by hickwarrior on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Meh, I just liked how the location sounded in my mind. I'm not really into sailing myself.
pauper

Post by pauper »

I'll see, didn't make any backup safes and I found out wat i did wrong..

I DIDNT ADRESS HER AT THE SCENE PRELUDE.
Goddangit man, WHY

EDIT:

Just got the good ending, it was way better than the bed ending! But indeed also a bit cliché. :P

It's also the last route i've finished, I should find a new VN now to play before I go to bed.. I can sleep way better when I read a bit first, :D
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
Otakumon

Post by Otakumon »

pauper wrote:I'll see, didn't make any backup safes and I found out wat i did wrong..

I DIDNT ADRESS HER AT THE SCENE PRELUDE.
Goddangit man, WHY

EDIT:

Just got the good ending, it was way better than the bed ending! But indeed also a bit cliché. :P

It's also the last route i've finished, I should find a new VN now to play before I go to bed.. I can sleep way better when I read a bit first, :D
Did you sit through the credits to see the epilogue?
pauper

Post by pauper »

Yes of course, and it was good too ;)
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

pauper wrote:Yes of course, and it was good too ;)
I loved Lilly's route... the good ending she had with Hiaso, when she went back to the hospital and he said all those things to her was the closest thing to making me tear... awesomeness...
Joel

Post by Joel »

Lilly's route was my favorite. It's the last story I played and I'm glad it was the last one because it's the one that truly touched me. I had the good ending on the first try.

I was angry because Lilly kept her moving away as a secret, that's really not cool. I was frustrated at how things were going to, apparently, end between them.
I shouted "NO WAY!" when Hisao had the heart attack at the airport thinking it was really the end, I was sad when it appeared that Lilly wouldn't magically come back and visit Hisao at the hospital; although I had the feeling that it was the perfect place to reunite, I never imagined the musical box detail.

The musical box scene/moment was beautiful and got me on the verge of crying.

A very beautiful story indeed.
Zig_Zac

Post by Zig_Zac »

Joel wrote:Lilly's route was my favorite. It's the last story I played and I'm glad it was the last one because it's the one that truly touched me. I had the good ending on the first try.

I was angry because Lilly kept her moving away as a secret, that's really not cool. I was frustrated at how things were going to, apparently, end between them.
I shouted "NO WAY!" when Hisao had the heart attack at the airport thinking it was really the end, I was sad when it appeared that Lilly wouldn't magically come back and visit Hisao at the hospital; although I had the feeling that it was the perfect place to reunite, I never imagined the musical box detail.

The musical box scene/moment was beautiful and got me on the verge of crying.

A very beautiful story indeed.
Same here brother... same here... :)
NDDN

Post by NDDN »

Lndbcn wrote:I'm not going to play any other route. This is how I want Hisao's story to end.

No entertainment product has ever hit me this hard emotionally.
Exactly what I've decided myself.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Rivinhal wrote:sorry to dbl post, but nvm.. I figured it out.. why the fuck does humoring shinji's crazy ass matter so much?!?!? enough to change from the good to bad ending???? wtf??
Heh, I did that too and still got the good ending. Because honestly that's what I would do in that situation.

Also, love the route. I did it after Shizune's route and the story really got to the point where I didn't believe Lilly's confession to Hisao (felt early as hell!) but I went along and the airport scene and the events leading to the good ending was amazing, bravo. I really thought that Hisao was going to die at the airport.

But the most memorable part for me was Lilly paying for Hisao's date at the fancy restaurant, way to go Hisao...

And I really liked the ACTs art for the menu, lovely.
What if life had a soundtrack similar to Katawa Shoujo's ?
Vyro

Post by Vyro »

Yellow 13 wrote:I guess he found her, guys

http://blindgf.blogspot.com/
Bro what. Holy shit, I never expected to come across a link to my blog here.
Dr. Robotnik

Post by Dr. Robotnik »

I loved her story, it was amazing. The final scene (excluding the epilogue) reminded me of this.
Emibro, [Hanabro], [Lilly Lover], Rin Kin, Feminist, [Two-timer]
CrimsonKnight0

Post by CrimsonKnight0 »

Yellow 13 wrote:
Acerus wrote:
Yellow 13 wrote:I played Lilly's path fist, managed to get the good ending, and I must say OH GOD MY FEELS MAN, MY FEELS. Specialy how everything goes downhill since "Farewell" and then how Hisao goes "Fuck this shit" so he decides to chase her and well I wont spoil anymore but it was rollercoaster of FEELS
Also, I loved how the Act 2 video foreshadows everything.
Final conclusion: 5/5 Lilly waifu of the year, all years
This.

Thank you

I would like to add. After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
"Well, I'm waking up at the hospital and... wait what's that music?" *Music seems to be getting a bit stronger* "Could it be..." *Music box appears with the music getting faster "YES YES YES YESSSSSSS"

I fistpumped and let out a "YES!"
When Yamaku is... ashes, you have my permission to die.
karl hungus

Post by karl hungus »

I loved this route, I'd give it a 4 or a 5 for sure. The emotional ups and downs are nearly unbearable, but it's worth it in the end.

One thing I was confused about. Right before he decides to dash for the airport, Hisao gets hit with this notion that he was neglecting Lilly in some way, or not doing something he should have been doing. He said "I just let everything happen, never trying to help Lilly" What exactly should he have helped her with? I mean, he implied that she left because she didn't want to be a burden, but that doesn't tell all that much. Did he regret not telling her she wasn't a burden? Maybe I'm looking too deep into this but I'm not sure.
eklektik

Post by eklektik »

Just finished Lilly's route with the good ending about 15 minutes ago.

Perhaps I haven't allowed enough time to let this sink in, but I'm typing these words with a noticable lack of feels. I've only completed Hanako + Emi's arcs in addition to this but I feel like they carried so much more weight than Lilly's! I don't want to cast negativity over this discussion but I want to know if i'm the only person here who didn't find Lilly's personality and demeanour that... well, attractive. Would any of you actually date someone who commonly uses the phrase "My, my"? There are lots of really likeable and respectful things about Lilly, but I found her to be quite a dry and conservative person during alot of the dialouge. It might be her overbearing formalities that made it hard for me to connect to her. But hey, these are just initial thoughts. Did anyone feel the same?

These ideas aside, the story was still very well constructed. And I did enjoy the hell out of the final scene. I'll not soon be forgetting this VN experience.
Althamus

Post by Althamus »

eklektik wrote:Would any of you actually date someone who commonly uses the phrase "My, my"? There are lots of really likeable and respectful things about Lilly, but I found her to be quite a dry and conservative person during alot of the dialouge. It might be her overbearing formalities that made it hard for me to connect to her.
/wrist

I say that.
And act like that as well sometimes too.

Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101