Lilly's Route

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being the best route and 1 the worst), what would you rate Lilly's route?

71%
19%
6%
2%
3%

Total votes: 2059

Pl4t0

Re: Lilly's Route

Post by Pl4t0 »

I don't have anything particularly meaningful to say here, but I'm going to open my mouth anyways, because why not:

Lilly's route.

GodDAMN it.

It is harder to find a more cliche love story. I saw the good end coming a mile away. It still didn't stop the feels. This is storytelling at its finest.

It's been about a week and a half since I finished it. Finally coming down off the "sad" feels and starting to climb that hill of "good" feels. Ultimately, I'm just really satisfied and feeling awesome about the whole thing, that this story could make me emote on a level no other piece of media has managed. As if it hasn't been said enough, thank you 4LS.

Okay, now how about this: share your favorite scene from the route.
Mine: easily the restaurant. It felt like everything was just right with the world, that nothing could possibly go wrong. The beauty of that scene is just profound.
uwa

Post by uwa »

Pl4t0 wrote:It is harder to find a more cliche love story. I saw the good end coming a mile away. It still didn't stop the feels. This is storytelling at its finest.
Yes. I commented about this somewhere else: when he left for the airport I knew it was good end, and when he woke up in the hospital I was just waiting for the music box to kick in, but when it did my breath still caught in my throat.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
Uliana

Post by Uliana »

Didn't want to make a new thread for this post, since this is the Katawa Shoujo forum and not a general forum. But since this particular piece also deals with blindness:

Youtube: Out of Sight

It's a 5 and a half minute animation about a blind girl making her way around town. I actually saw this two years ago and was genuinely touched by it, but now it seems that I can actually appreciate it a lot more after having read through Lilly's route. Also gives me something of a grasp on how to perceive some of Lilly's scenes (like the crowds).
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

Acerus wrote:
Yellow 13 wrote:I played Lilly's path fist, managed to get the good ending, and I must say OH GOD MY FEELS MAN, MY FEELS. Specialy how everything goes downhill since "Farewell" and then how Hisao goes "Fuck this shit" so he decides to chase her and well I wont spoil anymore but it was rollercoaster of FEELS
Also, I loved how the Act 2 video foreshadows everything.
Final conclusion: 5/5 Lilly waifu of the year, all years
This.

Thank you

I would like to add. After the heart attack you are in a hospital room, all alone, back to square one. but then suddenly the music box and FEELS, FEELS EVERYWHERE
When the war, has been won
And our march home begins
What awaits has not yet been revealed
What was won? what was lost?
Will our deeds be remembered?
Are they written on stone or in sand?

Post by Guest »

I reeeeally feel like I should have saved this for last instead of first.

Just finished Hanako's arc and I don't think it holds a candle to Lilly's :( .
DeleV

Post by DeleV »

Just finished Lilly's route (and with that I finally finished it all).

Initially I didn't really know what to think of it. On the one hand, Lilly's character really worked for me. The level of comfort that her story provided made the story extremely pleasant. On the other hand, the story itself appeared rather unremarkable. That whole comfort thing also meant that there was nothing special going on, nothing to make the story memorable. That is, until the whole thing got kicked around over the course of a few scenes. When it came to 'Farewell', it was quickly made clear what the whole perfect relationship was supposed to do and it made that scene the harshest of the entire game. And I didn't even have any doubt that I was on the right track for the good end.

A perfect end to an amazing "game".
Dave1

Post by Dave1 »

Just finished Lilly for a 2nd go around...

I've already cleared all the muffin routes for all the Ladies, but Lilly was the first. While the 2nd go around didn't have quite the emotional "oomph" that the first time did, I have to say I still did enjoy it immensely. I made sure to cherish each conversation this time around, not taking anything for granted. I feel that this route had the best growth for Hisao as a person, and at the end of the route was the "best" Hisao he could be, versus how he ends up in the other routes. I also think Suriko did an outstanding job with the writing, and pacing of the relationship. And while honestly all of the girls routes are very well done...I just don't really want to complete them again, you know? I just feel like they dont hold as much weight. Lilly's ending has by far affected me the most emotionally, and is easily my favorite.

Thank you Suriko, and the entire KS team. You've made a beautiful piece of art.
F4lk

Post by F4lk »

I've finished Lilly's route some minutes ago...

well, what to say? It surely is the most cinematic, Holywood-like route, which I could easily imagine as a full-length movie. And its the one I love the most because it ends well for most characters. Despite the fact that Im a huge Hanako fan (with Lilly behind her only by a hair's breadth) and I see Hanako's ending as the most rewarding one relating to one heroine (Hanako), I have to admit that I would choose Lilly's route over Hanako's now. First because I like her as much as Hanako, and second because im pretty sure Lilly would leave Hisao and Hanako and go to Scotland in Hanako's route if it would continue till the time of her departure.

Anyways, thanks to Four Leafs and the writers of Hanako's and Lilly's routes for an overwhelming experience I will treasure for the rest of my life.
"The reason I feel people are getting such Feels [while playing KS], is that the border between fantasy and reality is thin in this game. It feels real, and when you are done, its like spending a week getting to know someone intimately and then never seeing them again."
- Bix
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

I guess he found her, guys

http://blindgf.blogspot.com/

MrBoomba

Post by MrBoomba »

I just finished Hanako's route, which leaves me to have completed all of the good endings...

I must say that Lilly's route had the most wonderful feeling I've ever had the pleasure of going through. Although I saw the ending coming a mile away nothing was changed as to how I felt... The animation for the route contributes so much, I think I've re-watched it 4 or 5 times, the scene at the end in the wheat fields gets me every time I see it, it captures it so beautifully I can't help, but tear up at the sight of it.

Another thing is the scene where Hisao runs after Lilly after she begins her departure to Scottland, I couldn't help, but feel like I wish I could have had that resolve before in my life when dealing with letting someone go, or going after someone I wanted to. Then the hospital scene hits, I didn't recognize it at first, but the music box as it slowly got louder just made the entire scene so serene and brilliant words cannot describe, so much joy was had when I recognized that I actually shed tears(only route that had managed to do that to me). If that wasnt enough... The epilogue... The speech as it zooms out was easily the most memorable thing that happened, greatest way to end a story like that I've ever seen.

This story was beautifully done, you guys have my praise and a new fan.
Nobody in Particular

Post by Nobody in Particular »

I finished this route today, as it was the last route I needed to finish in order to complete the game. The route improves drastically from Blackout and onwards, with the taxi/airport scene being incredibly good and emotional. The whole of Act 4 in the good ending route was very cliche, but I felt that the writer pulled it off brilliantly. 5/5
Yellow 13

Post by Yellow 13 »

I just want to say Forwards, with Gusto!

Althamus

Post by Althamus »

I played through Emi's route first, and was absolutely blown away by it, and fully intend to play it through multiple times in the future.

After that I played Shizune's route. I thought it was good, and am glad that I played it (even if the general feeling I got from Emi was of happiness and optimism, but I got bittersweetness from Shizune's route). I enjoyed playing it, especially the final chapter and a half, but I don't think I will replay it.

I was intending to play Hanako's route next (Hanako and Shizune were the two characters that interested me most originally, before I fell in love with Emi halfway through act 1 on my first playthrough), but halfway through act 1, I decided to go with whom felt right rather than whom I had pre-decided on, and Lilly felt more right than Hanako at the time, so I went with her instead.

In some ways, I think I enjoyed Lilly's route more than Emi's (which I currently sit at 10/10, the perfect example of VNs).

I am kinda looking at KS as a teenage love story, and as such I expect them to act like teenegers in love in it, something which Emi's route definately did, and Lilly's route really did as well. I particualrly liked Acts 2-3, and every time I left the computer after playing those acts, I did so with a massive smile on my face. The feelgood factor I got from them was immense, just from seeing the three characters interact.

I was a little surprised the confession came halfway through Act 3, when with Emi and Shizune's paths, the confession ends Act 2 (general structure for Emi/Shizune - Act 2 = Get to know each other as friends + confess, Act 3 = Young Love + troubled times, Act 4 = Troubled times + love will find a way). Lilly seemed to break this pattarn, which was a shame because I thought it was a good pattern, although I don't really fault how Lilly's path worked out, and it only deviated slightly.

I did however feel that the sex scenes were a bit rushed into. Shizune's path just did the romance wrong, full stop. It would have been a far better story with the two characters just friends. Emi's path has gotten a lot of flak calling her a slut, but IMHO it fit perfectly with her character and way of thinking. Lilly however I saw as being a slightly more upper class, slightly more refined person, which was why her jumping into bed with Hisao at the first opportunity jarred so much. I think it would have been far better (although maybe more awkward for the writer) if the confession had happend end of act 2, they'd kissed a bit in act 3 and slept together end of act 3 or so, to represent that she is a little more refined than the other characters.

I've only played the good ending through so far, but I have to say that the writer is EVIL for doing what he did. I was intending to play the good ending through first, to give me the 'good feeling', before playing the neutral end through for completion, and I have spent the last half-hour crying my eyes out at how things were going. It is well written, and a good way of writing it, and I have no complaints about it at all, but it is an evil thing to do to the reader. But I'm guessing every other person who has reviewed the arc has talked about this, so I'll stop.

Also, the scene in the wheat fields. One of the best in the VN so far, and not diminished whatsoever for being clichéd.

Slightly unsure how Hisao didn't manage to see that Lilly was being invited back to Scotland. I literally saw it coming a mile off, and I'm normally quite bad for seeing things coming in advance. When AKira told him, my only reaction was "Well, it's about fucking time he knew..."

But yes. I love Lilly's path, the characters in it seem to fit wonderfully. Even Hinaki or whatever Shizune's brother is called seemed to work nicely (having just come from Shizune's path where he is comedy relief and done so wrong). The path itself is a wonderful example of a feel-good teenage love story, which is one of the main things I'm looking for here. If I hadn't already read Emi's route (and put it on a marble plinth), I would choose this route as being a 5/5, perfect route to read. I fully intend to read it through again at some point in the future. It is awesome.
Routes played: Emi (10/10), Shizune (6/10), Lilly (9/10), Hanako (9/10), Rin (7.5/10)
Emi > Hanako = Lilly > Rin > Shizune
"As long as you're still alive, you can keep going." ~ Emi

100 pushup challenge
MADE HER PROUD - Final exhaustion test: 101
gecko

Post by gecko »

Seems I liked this path just for the thing you didn't: deconstructing the "purity sue" image, and discovering the private Lily letting her hair down and acting on her impulses (healthy adolescent sex drive FTW), and even planning for them (see her being already on the pill) was for me one of the greatest appeal of this path.
99% completion.
Mind-worm meter: Rin>>Emi>Lily>Hanako>>Shizune
Fanfic: The lamb and the fox
pauper

Post by pauper »

Just completed it, no feels or whatever.

Because..

It ended so abrupt, after she tells she had to go back, I expected it would take some time. Sadly, she left a few days later already? And it was kinda wierd that she didn't even had some kind of good-bye party? I enjoyed the path ALOT, but the ending was a bit disapointing imo.

EDIT: oh dangit i got the bad ending, gotta redo some things now :P
Completed paths:
Hanako - Good ending
Shizune - Good ending
Emi - Good ending
Rin - Bad ending :$
Lilly - Bad and good ending

English isn't my first language, so I might make some mistakes when I write something ; )