Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ogorhan

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by ogorhan »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
ogorhan wrote:So I just finished reading True Remembrance and besides some weird names like blackiris and mnemonicides, it was suprisingly good, didnt exactly expect that La was an Omega class mnemonicide and knew the main protagonist before., so it was a suprise. I dont neccassarly know about how to write a good story but it was good, though I thought the art on how the characters were drawn a bit weird. And there's also the music which was not bad but also not that great, listening to the same 3 or 4 tracks every few scenes and so did get a bit repetitive.

Think next one will be Narcissu, if and when I will begin that.
The music was my biggest gripe with True Remembrance, and I think after a while I decided to turn it off and just listen to music while going through it (god knows what I was listening to, but I suspect it was wholly inappropriate!) The story is a good one though, although my head was spinning for a wee bit towards the end :P

Narcissu's good, also try Juniper's Knot - it's short, but a good story with great artwork, alright music and hawt demon thing.
Is it only for iphone/ipad's ? Cuz I couldnt find another dl link on their website.
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

ogorhan wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
ogorhan wrote:So I just finished reading True Remembrance and besides some weird names like blackiris and mnemonicides, it was suprisingly good, didnt exactly expect that La was an Omega class mnemonicide and knew the main protagonist before., so it was a suprise. I dont neccassarly know about how to write a good story but it was good, though I thought the art on how the characters were drawn a bit weird. And there's also the music which was not bad but also not that great, listening to the same 3 or 4 tracks every few scenes and so did get a bit repetitive.

Think next one will be Narcissu, if and when I will begin that.
The music was my biggest gripe with True Remembrance, and I think after a while I decided to turn it off and just listen to music while going through it (god knows what I was listening to, but I suspect it was wholly inappropriate!) The story is a good one though, although my head was spinning for a wee bit towards the end :P

Narcissu's good, also try Juniper's Knot - it's short, but a good story with great artwork, alright music and hawt demon thing.
Is it only for iphone/ipad's ? Cuz I couldnt find another dl link on their website.
Not as far as I'm aware, I played it on my laptop. That said, it does seem to have moved... either that or I got it from somewhere else :P
Anyways, here's a link from the main company: https://dischan.co/product.php?productID=4
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

ogorhan

Post by ogorhan »

Ugh can anyone help? I'm trying to play Narcissu but the game keeps freezing on me when for example changing scenes. Is there any fix for this?

I know this isint KS related but well someone might know how to fix it since it was reccommended here :(
しれー、しれぇー!、しれぇーってばー!ねー!、おーい、きこえてないのー?ぅおーい!

Tokitsukaze y u so cute.

Admiral of the sea and a stout defender of his kanmusu.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Just finished playing a VN called Stillwater Creek. It's decent, and there are far worse ways to kill a few hours, but mainly I'm posting because the game makes a reference to KS in one of the routes. One of the characters is offered a position at Yamaku High, and the good ending (and maybe the bad ending, too) of that route is almost certainly a callback to one of KS's own good endings, but with a lot less drama :) .

Anyway, thought folks might be interested.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

dewelar wrote:Just finished playing a VN called Stillwater Creek. It's decent, and there are far worse ways to kill a few hours, but mainly I'm posting because the game makes a reference to KS in one of the routes. One of the characters is offered a position at Yamaku High, and the good ending (and maybe the bad ending, too) of that route is almost certainly a callback to one of KS's own good endings, but with a lot less drama :) .

Anyway, thought folks might be interested.
Got a screenshot?
Not Dead Yet
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Was looking through VNDB for a new VN to play after Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia, and I ran into this gem of a tag list, I think i may avoid this one.

Sengoku Rance, everyone.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

I don't see the problem
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Was looking through VNDB for a new VN to play after Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia, and I ran into this gem of a tag list, I think i may avoid this one.

http://i.gyazo.com/28a2e4aa3d4d1f01d66ab88b3d911098.png

Sengoku Rance, everyone.
Is this all the same heroine? Or (seemingly) tens of different ones? xD
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Sengoku Rance
As a GAME, it's really rather good. Some of its fixations... not so much. :?
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:I don't see the problem
I see you that apathy and raise you one imagination-induced boney-bone.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

SpunkySix wrote:
Comrade wrote:I don't see the problem
I see you that apathy and raise you one imagination-induced boney-bone.
You people have seem to become unintellegable since i last been here
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Silentcook wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Sengoku Rance
As a GAME, it's really rather good. Some of its fixations... not so much. :?
Heh, I gave in and downloaded it, I quite like the "Grand Strategy" elements of it, but like you said, so far, some of it is, a little odd.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Comrade wrote:You people have seem to become unintellegable since i last been here
I was just dry humoring.

Actually, this reminds me of Monster Girl Quest in a way. Really good game, surprisingly thought out plot... very strange themes.
Potato

Post by Potato »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Was looking through VNDB for a new VN to play after Fate/ Hollow Ataraxia, and I ran into this gem of a tag list, I think i may avoid this one.

Sengoku Rance, everyone.
The tags are what led me to play that some months ago.

Just to see how fucked up it got. :lol:
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I just noticed this... why the flying fracktail is 'comedy rape' a tag? Like, do wacky antics occur during it, or...?