Recommend a VN

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SpunkySix

Re: Recommend a VN

Post by SpunkySix »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Animu Mass Effect:
Mechs and Waifus Edition
Oooooh, so basically what Mass Effect should have been? I'm interested.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

CoffeeDrive wrote:Sunrider: First Arrival recently popped up on steam, its a Sci-Fi themed VN where you command an assault carrier with a squadron of "Battle mechs" its pretty fun, using turn based combat and RPG themed elements to upgrade and travel around but with the story being in the style of a VN.

(Animu Mass Effect:
Mechs and Waifus Edition

10/10)
Downloading it nao. Also, that avatar picture. Can't recommend F/SN enough, even if the OP already did. I consider it to be the single greatest VN of all, rivaled only by Grisaia no Kajitsu.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

azumeow wrote:
CoffeeDrive wrote:Sunrider: First Arrival recently popped up on steam, its a Sci-Fi themed VN where you command an assault carrier with a squadron of "Battle mechs" its pretty fun, using turn based combat and RPG themed elements to upgrade and travel around but with the story being in the style of a VN.

(Animu Mass Effect:
Mechs and Waifus Edition

10/10)
Downloading it nao. Also, that avatar picture. Can't recommend F/SN enough, even if the OP already did. I consider it to be the single greatest VN of all, rivaled only by Grisaia no Kajitsu.

Yeah I gotta agree, the fate series is great, I played the entire of FSN in about a week, effectively played non stop till completion.

If you have finished all F/SN routes, I gotta recommend Fate Hollow Ataraxia, fun as hell, serious but cheery and playful with some downright incredible scenes. (And it gives you a harem.)
Like for the real, they all totally want you.
And not to mention the eclipse scenarios...

Its definetly meant to be a fundisk sequel though, so dont take it too seriously.

(Some parts are untranslated in the english patch, but if you find the scene in http://seiba.us.to/entrans/main.php you can just read along.)

As for sunrider, its a blast so far, great soundtrack, partial voice acting, nice story, only minor complaint is a couple of the characters feel quite generic in their personalities, but their backstories more than enough make up for that.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Been trying to figure out for the past week where the hell I can get a vaguely affordable copy of F/S Night as a UK resident, and... I'm starting to think/realise it may not be possible :( I found one that looked good and then I realised it was $119.99 (about £70). Is this a fairly standard price, or am I just looking in the wrong places?
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:Been trying to figure out for the past week where the hell I can get a vaguely affordable copy of F/S Night as a UK resident, and... I'm starting to think/realise it may not be possible :( I found one that looked good and then I realised it was $119.99 (about £70). Is this a fairly standard price, or am I just looking in the wrong places?
There are sites where you can *cough* download it for free.

And yes, that's a fairly standard price. It's not a recent VN, in fact it's an early 2000's VN
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I can't find F/S Night at all. Is it a downloadable title, or a physical disc, or what? I've looked it up, and the results I've found are inconsistent at best.
Steinherz

Post by Steinherz »

SpunkySix wrote:I can't find F/S Night at all. Is it a downloadable title, or a physical disc, or what? I've looked it up, and the results I've found are inconsistent at best.
Physical disk, but there are several sites that allow you to download it.
I write take a look, would you kindly?
I also draw, kind of.
KeiichiO wrote:You shall now, and forever be known as, "Steinherz, The Great".
Oddball wrote:It's an obvious mistake. Both are disfigured orphans that read alot and both wear green skirts.
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Steinherz wrote:
SpunkySix wrote:I can't find F/S Night at all. Is it a downloadable title, or a physical disc, or what? I've looked it up, and the results I've found are inconsistent at best.
Physical disk, but there are several sites that allow you to download it.
Hm... kay. I'll have to look into that further. Rin looks interesting. Other Rin, not Rin Rin. I mean she's interesting too, but you know what I mean.
brythain

Post by brythain »

When is a VN not a VN? Sometimes I think of a few of the text-adventure novels and experiences I've had, and they can be remarkably VN-like, emotionally speaking or aesthetically speaking. Perhaps the authors are trying to recreate VN as textual, to textualise the visual?

Here.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

Little Busters or Clannad!
Potato

Post by Potato »

brythain wrote:When is a VN not a VN?
Look at a given thing. Is it a VN? No?

That's when it isn't a VN.
I love the interpretation of Pac-Man where he's a just a lowly worker retrieving golf balls left all over the course by the rich masters and the ghosts are all previous workers who got conked on the head and killed by incoming golf balls in the line of duty.
Khalego

Post by Khalego »

Khalego's Fanfic Tips
How to dispose of an unwanted character: "As much as it pains me, Lilly will just have to be trampled to death at a blind-deaf pep rally."
SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

I see promise here. Will watch.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

The name made me arch an eyebrow, and sure enough, I had reason to.

This doesn't mean anything much, but at least it gives me sufficient reason to "damkids, can't pull out something original if their life depended on it, frikken frakken mumble grumble". :roll:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

CoffeeDrive

Post by CoffeeDrive »

Dont like the look of it really, seems like the same art style of shitty IOS farmville ripoffs.
== Cyclaptop [~Cyclamate@86.90.200.214] has quit [Client Quit]
<MishaBot> Aww... I miss Cyclaptop... :(
<Retrograde> Shut up Misha, you whore
<Retrograde> You say that about everyone

Yuudachi Kai Ni Is superior ShipGirl