Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Keita

Re: Katawa Shoujo Panel at the Manifest Anime Convention

Post by Keita »

Thank you so much for the transcript! Finally I can understand it and it was very interesting. I wish I could´ve been there but it was a bit far from Germany. :roll:
Hanako=Lilly>Rin>(Misha)>Shizune>Emi 1089
Member22

Post by Member22 »

Thanks a million for this... its good to see that KS is well received by the audience, i hope the same happens with the internet/webscape when the full thing is released.

Good luck and keep working at it! :)
"If Hisao took one thing away from his time at Yamaku it was the fact that people who have handicaps don't actually have handicaps. People like Lilly and Shizune are more able-bodied and well-adjusted than most of the kids at Hisao's old high school. He shook his head slightly. No, students at Yamaku weren't handicapped; everyone else was." - WetCrate
scineram

Post by scineram »

Is he really impotent, or joke?
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

scineram wrote:Is he really impotent, or joke?
Assuming you're talking about Hisao, yes, drugs for cardiac arrhythmia can do that, or at least make it harder more difficult.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Keita wrote:Thank you so much for the transcript! Finally I can understand it and it was very interesting. I wish I could´ve been there but it was a bit far from Germany. :roll:
You're welcome and I'm glad to see the transcript help someone.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Bara

Post by Bara »

scineram wrote:Is he really impotent, or joke?
Somehow, I think that for the purpose of the story, either youthful zest and the ability of a male teenager to get a boner while his balls are being squeezed in a vise, or medical intervention in either a change of meds or additional meds, etcetra will triumph for the girls to get their HBI (Hisao's Beef Injection). :wink:

Blah, Now I can just see Shizune commenting through Misha that "it sure was like an injection.... needle-dick and all". {Cue Misha Wahahahaing herself into a Grand Mal seizure.} :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I assume it was a joke.
Writing about a condition like that in all five paths would be a bit repetitive and having it present in some and not in others would be kind of bad for continuity. So far there have been only minor differences in continuity between the different paths, but I think the devs are trying to avoid them as much as possible.
Also I don't think a spoiler like that would be revealed that casually...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Lawls

Post by Lawls »

Juno wrote:Thank you very much for taking the time to transcript nearly an hour or WORDS WORDS WORDS for us spoken English-disabled people. :D
No problem. I found it cool to do something like this for the fans and devs of KS.
<Aura> "For a long time now, I've thought it doesn't matter one bit whether they are disabled or not."

"But it’s looking like it may actually happen before we all die." - cpl_crud
  • "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so" - Shakespeare
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

just adding my thanks for the transcription. good to hear that you guys are getting closer to done, hope everyone holds it together and gets this thing out the door. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Le_Shad

Post by Le_Shad »

Ah, awesome transcription, thank you. Really helped filling the blanks and clarifying some stuff my poor French brains had trouble understanding or processing. Great stuff!
Chess or painting?
catface210

Post by catface210 »

I can't thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you enough for this. :o
This is very appreciated. Excited for possible earlier release than expected? =)

....Also, Hisao impotent what?
a3d

Post by a3d »

Thanks for the transcript, it is very much appreciated.

Also I don't know if I became so bitter after so many years, but the release date said there is a lot sooner than I thought it would be.
Sleepycat

Post by Sleepycat »

I gave up on listening the recording without "subs" after 5 minutes of getting 1 sentence out of 5 (i'm horrible at spoken english), so thanks a whole lot for the transcript! That was an enjoyable panel, keep up the good work!
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

Just a quick note, a little food for thought: you say that there's some 600,000 words of narrative and dialogue in Katawa Shoujo - give yourselves a pat on the back, as that makes the game literally longer than War and Peace. How's that for epic? :)
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

catface210 wrote:....Also, Hisao impotent what?
it's the heart medicine or something like that. the very stuff that keeps him alive keeps him from, well, making new life. :mrgreen: (not that I think KS should have a pregnancy storyline.) it's like I said in another thread - awkward moment with Nurse ahoy!
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.