Fan Merch?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

meep

Fan Merch?

Post by meep »

A couple of friends and I are going to be at the Artists' Alley at Anime Expo. While coming up with a list of fandoms we'd like to make fan prints/stickers/doujins of, Katawa Shoujo came up.

We adore the game and we'd love to do some prints to sell at AX. (We thought about making a doujin but decided we didn't have enough time for that this year.) Since Katawa Shoujo is a fairly independent project and not a company game, we wanted to make sure that this was okay with the devs before getting too far ahead of ourselves.

After all, we would be making profit off of the prints and if the devs frown upon that, we wouldn't want to offend them.

So, fan merchandise - yea or nay?
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Re: Fan Merch?

Post by Pimmy »

Hey I'm trying to go to AX Alley too! (Maybe you can give me some tips on signing up, ahaha)

I don't think it's my place to answer for the rest of the devs, and I'm not too savvy on the license or leniencies, but it'd be cool to see more KS stuff there!
meep

Post by meep »

Awesome! I'm sharing with two friends and we got our table a month or so ago. I hope you can get a table while they're still taking applications. I heard they increased the number of table this year or something. It'd be so cool to see you there. (I'd definitely come by to buy a few prints. I love your art!)
techk8

Post by techk8 »

Oh God, your avatar made me rofl.
But, seriously, go for it. Label the doujins as fan-books. That's what the Japanese do when they make doujins out of licensed series. Or so I remember.
techk8 wrote:In all honestly, I don't care if it's an OVA or a whole series; it needs to end with the Lilly Good End, damnit! IT'S FUCKING CANON AND I'LL TAKE THAT TRUTH TO THE GRAVE.
[10:59] <@cpl_crud> Penises aren't spoilers; they are just disappointing in general
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

Oh wow, I didn't realize they were taking table applications so early! The website is a bit misleading.. I'm filling out for a Sellers Permit currently. Darn legal stuff DX Doomfest and VCR are gonna be with me so we gotta get all that set, haha.
Gee thanks! I took a look at your art and it's really good!
meep

Post by meep »

Apparently they were trying to set up a new Artist Alley app site so the registration for artist's wasn't technically open. But the site was up anyway, so people ended up applying super early.

Haha. Thank you! I'm afraid the site in my profile might be a bit misleading though. It's the site for the group I'm going to AX with so the pictures on the main page are by one of my friends. (Mine is on the next page, but nowhere as good as hers!)

Thank you for the positive feedback, everyone. I guess we will do some Katawa Shoujo prints and stickers! Hohoho. I love Rin so I'm totally psyched to draw her.
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Hey, if you create those Dakimakura images on pillowcases or sheets someone please let me know.
That would be my ultimate fan merchandise.
Good luck there. If only I didn't live so far away. :cry:
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

When/where is AX?
meep

Post by meep »

July 1-4 at the LA Convention Center! A lovely way to spend Independence Day.
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

neumanproductions wrote:Hey, if you create those Dakimakura images on pillowcases or sheets someone please let me know.
Oh god, are people actually printing those things up?
And here I thought it was all for the lulz... o_o
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Csihar wrote:
neumanproductions wrote:Hey, if you create those Dakimakura images on pillowcases or sheets someone please let me know.
A few appeared on Ebay a while ago. They were prints of Pimmy's Shizune, Rin, and Emi.
DESU

Post by DESU »

Csihar wrote:
I want my hanako hug pillow to keep me company on those ronery nights. ;_;
ImageImage
I white-knighted for Hanako before the rest of you.
>Completion 28%
I got my Hanako path. To me, that's 100% completion.
My steam is my nexus of stuff so yeah. Also I have a chan. Ask me shit.
Pimmy
~VIBRATIONS~

Post by Pimmy »

kosherbacon wrote:
Csihar wrote:
A few appeared on Ebay a while ago. They were prints of Pimmy's Shizune, Rin, and Emi.
It was an illegal endeavor, so I got him to stop XD I would print some myself but I don't have the money to do it and I'd have to charge at least just as much to make up for it : [
Keeping one would probably raise questions!
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Pimmy wrote:
kosherbacon wrote:
Csihar wrote: Oh god, are people actually printing those things up?
It was an illegal endeavor, so I got him to stop XD I would print some myself but I don't have the money to do it and I'd have to charge at least just as much to make up for it : [
Keeping one would probably raise questions!
Oh, looks like I had to delete my quote out. Anyways
To all those who would question me, I wouldn't care what they would say. *Use the DeathNote*
If I kept one of the male pillows, ok let the questions fly because I would really like to know what's wrong with me too.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Richiter Bromont

Post by Richiter Bromont »

Someone should make some Chocolate Hanako's.