Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

bpgbcg

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by bpgbcg »

Here is my transcription of Jitter. It doesn't have hand markings or some other stuff that TehIshter's version has, largely due to my inexperience with Finale. Also I'm not great at proofreading so there may be a few mistakes (I hope not though).
Jitter pdf.pdf
(125.75 KiB) Downloaded 1532 times
And dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n49xw5i0sd2zo ... %20pdf.pdf

I might try and do a transcription of Painful History from scratch now (although there's like four already), just sort of as an exercise. If that goes OK I might start trying ones that haven't been worked on yet.

EDIT: Messed up a tempo marking. Should be fixed now.
Piano music for the KS soundtrack; I've done a few transcriptions which are on page 43 of that thread. Also, I wrote a musical theme for Scissorlips' amazing Suzu pseudo-route, which I then recorded here.
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

I just finished my transcription of Painful History. I didn't look at any other transcriptions to begin with (as mentioned in my above post, it was partially an exercise to see if I could do this). The end result is somewhat similar to mprasil's transcription, although somewhat more detailed and correspondingly harder to play. Maybe too hard; I haven't tried it yet but as a pianist at least most of it seems pretty possible. I hope there's nothing too blatantly wrong!

Also, as a note, because there are so many crisscrossing lines in this piece, I had to go to three staves instead of two at one point (otherwise it would have become impossible to see where the theme was). I don't think this is unheard of in piano music but some people might be unfamiliar with it. However, it does provide a nice solution if some of the notes are difficult to reach: drop some or all of the top staff in those regions.
Painful History pdf.pdf
(203.53 KiB) Downloaded 603 times

And dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u2n9yehme6mh ... %20pdf.pdf

EDIT: CHECK BELOW FOR REVISED TRANSCRIPTION.

Also, here is an mp3 of the Finale playback.
Painful History mp3.mp3
(3.18 MiB) Downloaded 1183 times
and dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wbgfw60yphdz ... %20mp3.mp3
Last edited by bpgbcg on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Piano music for the KS soundtrack; I've done a few transcriptions which are on page 43 of that thread. Also, I wrote a musical theme for Scissorlips' amazing Suzu pseudo-route, which I then recorded here.
NuclearWaffles

Post by NuclearWaffles »

Nice work. I added your versions to the list on page 40.
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

Another transcription: Shadow of the Truth this time!
Shadow of the Truth pdf.pdf
(210.73 KiB) Downloaded 1520 times
and dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3svd68eosbbyw ... %20pdf.pdf

Also, here's an mp3 of the Finale playback (even though Finale playback, esp. piano, is pretty terrible-sounding, it's good for hearing all the notes and seeing what it sounds like).
Shadow of the Truth mp3.mp3
(2.55 MiB) Downloaded 1076 times
and dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzi5op59o2qke ... %20mp3.mp3

Also, I revised my Painful History transcription. I made some pretty awful mistakes the first time, apparently, but as I said before I'm not the best at editing my own stuff immediately, so I took a look at it a little while later. Some changes include changing several simply wrong notes in measures 7 and 8, removing the ridiculous parallel 3rds in measure 10 and the roll in measure 12, removing the 6th below in measure 17 and analagous measures, which I'm pretty sure is not actually there in the soundtrack (replacing it with an octave), revising the left hand from 33 on, and removing a completely impossible note to play in measure 38 (seriously, you would have to stretch a 12th).
Painful History (revised) pdf.pdf
(202.69 KiB) Downloaded 1845 times
and dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d0lo7qlt9g38 ... %20pdf.pdf

I'll edit my earlier Painful History post with an mp3 of this, because there's a 3 attachment limit on posts.
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

I have 2 new somewhat easier transcriptions since I last posted: Innocence and Aria de l'Etoile.

I did these mostly because I felt like it; I know these two have been transcribed before. Not sure exactly what I'll do next, although it might be Stride or Ease.

I've broken this into 2 posts because of the 3 attachment limit.

Here is the Innocence PDF:
Innocence pdf.pdf
(157.61 KiB) Downloaded 1588 times
and as usual, a dropbox link to the same thing

and an MP3:
Innocence mp3.mp3
(2.87 MiB) Downloaded 1271 times
(As I said before, the MP3 is based on Finale's rather mechanical playback and it's mostly to give you a very general idea of what this transcription sounds like, what notes are in it, etc.)
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

Part 2 of post, containing Aria de l'Etoile.

PDF:
Aria de l'Etoile pdf.pdf
(126.28 KiB) Downloaded 3160 times
Dropbox link

MP3:
Aria de l'Etoile mp3.mp3
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 1315 times
Sk3tch

Post by Sk3tch »

bpgbcg wrote:Part 2 of post, containing Aria de l'Etoile.

PDF:
Aria de l'Etoile pdf.pdf
Dropbox link

MP3:
Aria de l'Etoile mp3.mp3
Phew, you're working hard man, keep it up.
Emi Couch to 5k : W4D1 Completed
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

I finished my transcription of Stride. Similarly to my Painful History transcription, this goes onto three staves per system sometimes, in order to keep the lines straight. The middle line will usually contain the theme in this transcription, so accentuating it is recommended (I marked it with a different dynamic than the top line for this reason). (Also, for beginning pianists who might find playing all three staves difficult, you can record 2 and then play the third over it later.)

PDF:
Stride pdf.pdf
(195.24 KiB) Downloaded 1294 times
dropbox link

MP3: (Somehow my dynamic markings didn't go through to playback, so at times it is a bit difficult to pick out the theme due to it being buried under the inappropriately loud top line.)
Stride mp3.mp3
(2.13 MiB) Downloaded 1245 times
dropbox link

Also, I might try and start recording me playing a couple of my transcriptions on the piano (audio only). I'm not sure yet; the obvious problem is that they would be pretty bad quality (recorded through bad laptop speakers), and the obvious benefit is that I can then have a recording that is not the Finale playback.

Finally, if anyone has suggestions for what I should transcribe next (or corrections for what I've already done), feel free to PM me.
Last edited by bpgbcg on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

Here's Romance in Andante II (probably one of my favorite three pieces from the soundtrack).

PDF:
Romance in Andante II pdf.pdf
(281.48 KiB) Downloaded 1415 times
PDF dropbox link

MP3 of Finale playback (there's a small dynamic glitch in measures 46-53, but apart from that it's pretty good as far as computer playbacks go.)
Romance in Andante II mp3.mp3
(2.74 MiB) Downloaded 1260 times
MP3 dropbox link

If there are any mistakes, I'd love to know about them, so please PM me or post here!

Huge thanks to NuclearWaffles, who has been adding my transcriptions/mp3s to the page 40 megapost (check it out if you haven't already; it has a ton of transcriptions by a bunch of people. Animenz and Mirrormn are especially good.)
Frostcreep

Post by Frostcreep »

bpgbcg wrote:I just finished my transcription of Painful History. I didn't look at any other transcriptions to begin with (as mentioned in my above post, it was partially an exercise to see if I could do this). The end result is somewhat similar to mprasil's transcription, although somewhat more detailed and correspondingly harder to play. Maybe too hard; I haven't tried it yet but as a pianist at least most of it seems pretty possible. I hope there's nothing too blatantly wrong!

Also, as a note, because there are so many crisscrossing lines in this piece, I had to go to three staves instead of two at one point (otherwise it would have become impossible to see where the theme was). I don't think this is unheard of in piano music but some people might be unfamiliar with it. However, it does provide a nice solution if some of the notes are difficult to reach: drop some or all of the top staff in those regions.
Painful History pdf.pdf

And dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6u2n9yehme6mh ... %20pdf.pdf

EDIT: CHECK BELOW FOR REVISED TRANSCRIPTION.

Also, here is an mp3 of the Finale playback.
Painful History mp3.mp3
and dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6wbgfw60yphdz ... %20mp3.mp3
Thank you! :D I have been waiting for a Painful History without a ridiculous amount of flat key signatures (7 in the other Painful History transcriptions). This makes it way easier to learn! Thanks again!
spamholderman

Post by spamholderman »

Animenz mediafire links are all borked. Could you please fix them?
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

Yeah, I noticed that too... not sure if Animenz deleted them or what. It's a shame since they were the best in my opinion.
FstrthnU

Post by FstrthnU »

Animenz dumped Mediafire because one of his own files got flagged for copyright or something like that. So he moved all his sheet music to a different host.

http://sheethost.com/user/animenz
bpgbcg

Post by bpgbcg »

Sadly, only Wiosna appears to be there on the new host site...
kindspy

Post by kindspy »

I have not found a saxophone cover of Red Velvet on here or the interwebs, so I took it upon myself to make one.

I have attached the mp3, and the drop box link to it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/cav ... Velvet.mp3

I took some liberties with the form of the song, adding a few bars to allow for my own soloing on the song, because I love to improvise. I might miss a few notes, and my tenor may squeak a few times, so I hope it isn't too unpleasant. I enjoyed playing this.

Let me know what you think in a reply.
Attachments
Red Velvet.mp3
(12.48 MiB) Downloaded 1368 times