Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by johiyo »

I believe Animenz already posted sheets for "Letting My Heart Speak"

http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=13&t ... 150#p76321
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Thanks, must have missed it, will go ahead and record that tomorrow
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
johiyo

Post by johiyo »

Love your videos, insulindreamer! I subbed to your channel (and a few others) immediately after your first KS upload.

I bought myself a keyboard after seeing Animenzzz's video for Wiosna, determined to learn it and and other KS tracks. Your videos only give me more motivation to learn piano to a point where I can play these tracks!
Terrato

Post by Terrato »

Fffffuuu, haven't been on the comp for a while, you guys still need me to finish that sheet music for Painful History?
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

mprasil already made a pretty good chart, I'm not sure what version it is but I made a video here:
I believe that's the final version, so you probably don't have to make a transcription.

Also, made 3 new recordings today, jitter and teatime fast forward were both short ones, and letting my heart speak too, check them out in the playlist. I wanted to play jitter again but i bashed my fingers on my piano being overzealous with the low c, so I decided o just let it be.

I noticed that animenz's comfort link wasn't working, did anybody download that before it was taken down?
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

Okay so since there seems to be no outstanding requests atm, I gonna go ahead and start the 2x400m Relay sheets (Emi's Cinematic), who's interested? Sounds like a fun song.
joe_paradise wrote:Also mprasil, not sure if you saw this, but I used your transcription of Andante II to record this
The sixths at the end are wayyyy harder than the run, the run is actually a more comfortable one. Really nice transcription.

Edit: Not trying to nitpick, but just some constructive criticism. For the Cloudland Swing sheet, it says swing, but then the part that would be swung is written in 6/8. If you say swing, you can just change it to 2/4 and write it as 8th notes. Also, I think it would be easier to deal with in Gb instead of F#, but if you keep it in F# the Eb Bb chord in a later measure should be change to D# A#, although I have no idea what program you're using and if it's just being annoying.
In the end though, what's on the page doesn't matter so much as the music it represents, which is the same either way.

Edit: For the run, I used 3123412345312532132131, for what it's worth.
Yeah, I saw it. I don't understand how you learn songs so quickly!!! You're so good man. I'm very impressed, and proud that my sheets are being put to good use. You should really invest in a good camera! I remember when I used to record with MY rockband mic, I hated it.

I know, but then the midi does not sound right, and there are a lot of people who need the midis for synthesia because their theory ain't so dandy. And I guess I kinda left it there on purpose, because or else the tempo gets screwed up. Everyone will get the gist, hopefully :).

Hmmm, that's kind of personal preference, I guess. I prefer flats over sharps any day, I don't know why, but I'd rather deal with a mess of flats than a few sharps. Again, I have no idea why. I guess I forgot to take into account how other people read it, too. Thanks for pointing that out!
-My real name is actually Misha.
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Oh yeah, that's true, it would probably be better to leave it in 6/8 for the midi people, in which case you don't need to put the word swing. When it comes to the key the song is in, it definitely is personal preference whether to have it in F# or Gb, but when it comes to representing a chord within that key signature, it's important to be consistent. Since you already have the piece in F#, the chord really should be written as D# A# since that is within the key signature, rather than changing it to Eb Bb (the E is usually sharp even, so it would have to be represented as E[natural]b). It's mostly just a matter of keeping the piece in the key it's in.

Thanks for the compliment, I have always been good at sightreading, especially because I've played so much piano music and seen so many patterns that I recognize things very quickly. The more you attempt to read music rather than memorize it, the better you eventually get at it. I might get a better camera sometime, but I'm not sure how much I'd really be using it. It would be really nice to at least get a better microphone though, because the sound on these is really bad.

When it comes to requests, I'd like to request for comfort (unless someone has aminenz's transcription), three stars, and aria de l'etoile.

Edit: yeah 2x400 is gonna be cool, the beginning part's gonna be interesting.
Last edited by joe_paradise on Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

mprasil wrote:Okay so since there seems to be no outstanding requests atm, I gonna go ahead and start the 2x400m Relay sheets (Emi's Cinematic), who's interested? Sounds like a fun song.
I don't think Three Stars has been done yet and I've been waiting forever for someone to pick it up. Do you wanna do that one? It's pretty much the best Act 2 song :-D
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
YoYoMa

Post by YoYoMa »

Hey, could someone make a sheet for Ease? I'd love to play that on the accordion.
guest2

Post by guest2 »

YoYoMa wrote:Hey, could someone make a sheet for Ease? I'd love to play that on the accordion.
But I thought you played cello! :lol:
Katawa Shoujo Piano Sheet Music Project
"Jellyfish are like people to me" - Me
"OH GOD MAH DRILLS" - yipyapper
mprasil

Post by mprasil »

joe_paradise wrote:When it comes to requests, I'd like to request for comfort (unless someone has aminenz's transcription), three stars, and aria de l'etoile.
Talk to Aminenz about that one, I'm sure he'll get it to you quick.

Someone already transcribed Aria de l'etoile on here a few pages back, I don't know the quality of it, but if you think it's missing some notes we can sort it out together!
guest2 wrote:I don't think Three Stars has been done yet and I've been waiting forever for someone to pick it up. Do you wanna do that one? It's pretty much the best Act 2 song :-D
Okay so since both of you seem to want Three Stars, I'll get to it when I have time. The next week doesn't look very timely, though. Hopefully I'll get it done. Then all the Act 2 songs will be done! FTW!
YoYoMa wrote:Hey, could someone make a sheet for Ease? I'd love to play that on the accordion.
LMAO that's badass. I'd transcribe it, but it'd be for the piano. Although the right hand would probably still be the same as the accordion part, I don't think you'd be able to play the left hand along with it on an accordion. Just FYI.
-My real name is actually Misha.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

mprasil wrote:Someone already transcribed Aria de l'etoile on here a few pages back, I don't know the quality of it, but if you think it's missing some notes we can sort it out together!
Yep that was me. I was beginning to think that my post got ignored haha.
Here are the sheets plus midi again.
Sheet: http://www.mediafire.com/?a6b76ibuiqeo7fy
Midi: http://www.mediafire.com/?on6ubc1yxnxt1oa

But yeah it's not very good to be honest, it's very basic and i'm probably missing some harmonies and messed up some of the rhythms >.>
joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

I thought it sounded pretty good, recorded it today, along with Cold Iron. I took the original score for cold iron and jammed it all together into the piano part kinda, I'll upload it later, right now I feel super sleepy for some reason so I'm going to take a nap. Nearly fell asleep recording cold iron.

Cold Iron -
Aria de l"Etoile -

Cold iron - http://www.mediafire.com/?2fwzjaedu6njgs7 (Edit: Don't download this, go to the next page)
Last edited by joe_paradise on Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DH531

Post by DH531 »

Thank you very much!! :D and you played it very well too!!! ^_^
I think my transcription is still a bit plain at the start but it'll do for now. Thanks for playing my transcription dude :)
Elrood

Post by Elrood »

joe_paradise wrote:I thought it sounded pretty good, recorded it today, along with Cold Iron. I took the original score for cold iron and jammed it all together into the piano part kinda, I'll upload it later, right now I feel super sleepy for some reason so I'm going to take a nap. Nearly fell asleep recording cold iron.

Cold Iron -
Aria de l"Etoile -

Cold iron - http://www.mediafire.com/?2fwzjaedu6njgs7
Thanks for adding Cold Iron! Oh and of course thanks Sebastien for providing it in the first place.