Piano Sheet Music?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

DH531

Re: Piano Sheet Music?

Post by DH531 »

joe_paradise wrote: - Comfort

Sarabande is fine to play on piano written like that, but why would you want that when you can listen to ? haha
You sight read that? well played :D
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Finished with School Days. I only did a piano arrangement because doing full instrumentation is a pain (both in properly transcribing every part and in getting Finale's playback to sound right) and no one's going to use the full instrumentation scores anyway. The end of the song really depends on the percussion part, so I wrote in a line of percussion in addition to the piano part. I figure you can tap it audibly with your foot while you play.

School Days PDF

School Days MP3

School Days MIDI (sans percussion)

I'll probably do Fripperies or Raindrops and Puddles next, unless anyone has a request.

Edit: By the way, joe_paradise, your performance of Comfort is very pretty. I love it!
Katawa Shoujo OST Transcriptions and Arrangements: Consolidated list

Katawa Shoujo Music Index and Table of Contents

Game completion: 100% several times over
Favorite route: Rin
Insights on Rin | Insights on Shizune
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Raindrops and Puddles PDF

Raindrops and Puddles MP3

Raindrops and Puddles MIDI

I really like how this one turned out. The ritard at the end didn't make it into the MIDI for some reason, but I don't care enough to try to fix it. It works in the MP3 and that's good enough. That's probably enough transcription for me for today. I think I might try a Red Velvet or Nocturne piano arrangement tomorrow.

saber2th

Post by saber2th »

Jesus you work like a machine Thanks for all the hard work!
Check out my Katawa Shoujo cross-over fanarts: http://saber2t.deviantart.com/
Nicol Armarfi
Musician

Post by Nicol Armarfi »

Mirrormn wrote:Raindrops and Puddles PDF

Raindrops and Puddles MP3

Raindrops and Puddles MIDI

I really like how this one turned out. The ritard at the end didn't make it into the MIDI for some reason, but I don't care enough to try to fix it. It works in the MP3 and that's good enough. That's probably enough transcription for me for today. I think I might try a Red Velvet or Nocturne piano arrangement tomorrow.
Nice job! I have to pick a bone with that last chord though. The notes from top to bottom should be CEADG (for example in my sheets earlier in the thread http://www.sendspace.com/file/0o67tg). I'm looking forward to what you do with Red Velvet and Nocturne :)!
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Nicol Armarfi wrote: Nice job! I have to pick a bone with that last chord though. The notes from top to bottom should be CEADG (for example in my sheets earlier in the thread http://www.sendspace.com/file/0o67tg). I'm looking forward to what you do with Red Velvet and Nocturne :)!
Well, it's an honor to read your positive feedback! In case you couldn't tell by my efforts, I think your KS soundtrack is amazing; it's not only beautiful music in its own right, but all the pieces perfectly fit and heighten the game experience as well.

I'm almost entirely sure the last note in the ending chord of Raindrops and Puddles, as played in the soundtrack/game version, is a high C*. I have a bit of a hard time hearing high frequency chords, so I couldn't say with as much certainty what the other notes are, but I knew it had to be some sort of Cmaj variation, and Cmaj7 sounded about right. I didn't know you had already posted a sheet of Raindrops and Puddles, but that doesn't seem to be the original score sheet... it really seems to me that ending chord in that arrangement is different from the soundtrack version. At the very least, like I said, I know the soundtrack version ends with a high C. I'm willing to compromise with EADGC, though, since I like the C6/9 sound better than the Cmaj7 sound. I just really need to have the C on top, or else it sounds really unfaithful to the soundtrack version -.-

*It actually sounds like a C7, but my arrangement has a C6 on top, since I'm not really sure how playable it would be to have an arpeggiated chord wide enough to incorporate a C7.

Edit: And my arrangements of Nocturne and Red Velvet will probably be nothing more than just trying to squash as many parts of the original instrumentation as I can into what I think is playable on a piano even though I can't play piano at all so it's just guesswork in the end -.-

Edit 2: Would you prefer your composer credit on these sheets be your real name or screen name?

Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Halfway through Red Velvet and I accidentally turn off my computer without saving. Blaaaaaaah -.-

Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Red Velvet is finished. Even though most of the work was simply copying NicolArmarfi's full instrumentation score and consolidating the sax and bass parts into the piano staff, it still took quite a while, for various reasons (accidentally turned my computer off, the full instrumentation score is in the wrong key for some reason, there's lots of tricky ornamentation and triplets, I don't actually know how to read bass clef, etc.). The result sounds great, though.

I think next I am going to give Red Velvet another pass but with a personal touch, since I feel a little guilty for doing so much straight copying on this score. Unfortunately, my free time for the week has run out, so it might be a while before that will be done.

Red Velvet for Piano: [PDF] - [MP3] - [MIDI]

Edit: And just in case NicolArmarfi wants to poke me about ending chords again, I did take some intentional liberties with the outro on this one, so it's a tiny bit different from the original :P

joe_paradise

Post by joe_paradise »

Looking at the music, I feel like I'm getting trolled so hard with these accidentals. Song is in F major, we're seeing E# haha. Sounds really good, really approve of the font you used. I will record this when I have free time this week, maybe raindrops and puddles sometimes, probably not the other two, they are just not inspiring haha
Katawa Shoujo Soundtrack on Piano (in progress) - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL33FDE833D68CB9E5
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

joe_paradise wrote:Looking at the music, I feel like I'm getting trolled so hard with these accidentals. Song is in F major, we're seeing E# haha. Sounds really good, really approve of the font you used. I will record this when I have free time this week, maybe raindrops and puddles sometimes, probably not the other two, they are just not inspiring haha
NicolArmarfi's original score is in E major, and is even worse with the accidentals. Double sharps and such >.> (I don't recall writing any E#'s though... except maybe on a grace note here or there.) I put my score in F since that's what the soundtrack seems to be in. No clue why full instrumentation score is different.

Anyway, I don't blame you for skipping Fripperies and School Days. I only really transcribed them for the sake of completeness, and I'll be the first to admit they don't really sound that great when flattened into a piano score. I'm looking forward to your performances of Raindrops and Red Velvet, though :)

Post by Guest »

Glad that there are so much music being transcribed to piano!

My only question, is To Become One a future endeavor for anyone?
Snow_Storm

Post by Snow_Storm »

So...found Overcoat's original MIDI of AEIOU...it's in the key of C Major and sight reading it, it is not a very hard song for the violin. Might do a cover of it in a couple of weeks.
StepmaniaFreak

Post by StepmaniaFreak »

Wow, there are a lot of great transcriptions I'll need to work on soon. In the meantime, I uploaded another piano video (Three Stars).
Mirrormn

Post by Mirrormn »

Guest wrote: My only question, is To Become One a future endeavor for anyone?
I'll see what I can do. To be honest, it's one of my least favorite songs from the OST, but my ultimate goal is to ensure every piece has a transcription, so it'll have to be done at some point anyway. Maybe converting the violin melody to piano will make it sound a little less cheesy :P