"Yamaku" Academy

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

ZystraL

"Yamaku" Academy

Post by ZystraL »

From my fractured Japanese, I know that the character for "yama" can mean "climax" and the character for "ku" can mean "bend over".
I found that somewhat funny, although I may be reading/pronouncing/using the wrong characters and meaning for Yamaku.

I also think it would have been hilarious if it was called something like "Kenko Tai" which means "Healthy Body".
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Re: "Yamaku" Academy

Post by Aura »

Japanese homonyms sure are funny lol XD. The actual story of the name is both hilarious and embarrassing, so much that I better not recount it.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

But now we all want to know all that much more. Leave out names and the embarrassment goes away.

*casually throws a cookie under a Box Trap in such a way that Aura sees it clearly*
Jaksio

Post by Jaksio »

ZystraL wrote:From my fractured Japanese, I know that the character for "yama" can mean "climax" and the character for "ku" can mean "bend over".
I found that somewhat funny, although I may be reading/pronouncing/using the wrong characters and meaning for Yamaku.

I also think it would have been hilarious if it was called something like "Kenko Tai" which means "Healthy Body".
Oh god. It make me laughing so hard that i couldn't breath.
Goldilurks

Post by Goldilurks »

See, it's kooky stuff like this that makes studying Japanese fun. And I was all like "dang, what goes with the kanji for 'mountain'?"
This one needs to lurk moar. This one lurks too much! Ahh, this one lurks juuuuust enuf.
Katawa Haha: Disability Mothers
From Shizune's Perspective: a fanfic
Pickles

Post by Pickles »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:The actual story of the name is both hilarious and embarrassing, so much that I better not recount it.
You have my undivided attention.

1 moderately good CPU, 1 8800gtx, 5 really OLD CPUs.
ZystraL

Post by ZystraL »

There's more too.
"Academy" = "Akademi"
Aka = Communist/Filth/Dirt (LOL @ Japanese Humor)
De = overflow/outflow
Mi = body/fruit

so Yamaku Academy is a place that is overflowing with communists bending over and getting fruit shoved up their body until they climax.
I enjoy everything the devs hate. This includes and is not limited to: Pokemon, K-ON! and Lego.
Deimos

Post by Deimos »

ZystraL wrote: a place that is overflowing with communists bending over and getting fruit shoved up their body until they climax.
Sounds like a meeting of those whacky environmentalists/vegans to me.

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:The actual story of the name is both hilarious and embarrassing, so much that I better not recount it.
At least its correct translation would be helpful for those of us who are illiterate concerning the intricacies of the Japanese language. And who knows, maybe there will be another time to tell that particular story.
Ahh, Morticia? I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

山久
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
A_Gray_Phantom

Post by A_Gray_Phantom »

You could always make an "anonymous" post on the blog, and leave out names, and satisfy our thirst for knowing the terrible truth that you are deliberately dangling above us like a carrot...

M'just saying...
Katawa Shoujo Fightan Game
Lilly Should have an animation where, after winning, she just keeps swinging her cane. "Take this you cur!And this! And this and this!."
"Lilly! The fight's over! You win!"
"Um.. As I thought! Huzzah!" - by me.

"That made me laugh pretty hard." - EmP|ty
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

You know that just makes us want to hear the story more.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

It's not interesting at all; Aura just wants you to think it is.

I know things.
darkblade986

Post by darkblade986 »

☆♥Aura♥☆ wrote:山久
Taking a guess on de-engrishing the translation of that... Eternal Mountain?
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

If you really want to know, 山狗 was the original spelling.

The more astute of these may be able to work it out from there.
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Google translate and wiktionary here.

山狗 'Yamainu'. 山 'Yama' means 'mountain'. 狗 'inu' means 'dog'. 'Mountain dog' eh? Is this a niji reference? More likely its an inside joke, or something that would be relevant only to someone who worked on the project that far back (devs).
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.