Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Mirage_GSM

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Mirage_GSM »

pretty much all of Shizune's route sees Misha suffering from [depression].
Well, there are many causes for depression.
I don't know if calcium deficiency is among them.
I'm pretty sure unrequited love is, though.
Guess which cause I think is more likely for Misha.

Besides, the day calcium deficiency (and similar stuff) is regognized as a disability 95% of all humans will be disabled.

Regarding the "dizzyness on stairs" stuff, that's been suggested dozens of times before and no argument so far was convincing:
- Misha says that when she wants Hisao to go fetch something for her. It is obviously an excuse.
- In the Act 1 finale Misha is perfectly able to ascend to the roof alone packed with foodstuffs without problems.
- There are other scenes as well with Misha on the roof. In on she's leaning against the fence without getting dizzy.
- Class 3-3's homeroom is on the third floor. The student council room is on the ground floor. Hisao probably walked that route with Shizune and Misha hundreds of times during the schoolyear. He never mentions a single occasion of Misha getting dizzy on the stairs or of her preferring to use an elevator. If something like that had happened, it would have been relevant to the story and would have had to be mentioned in some way.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Xanatos

Post by Xanatos »

Nirayesto wrote:Japanese people do not put anything in their green teas.
I wasn't aware that all Japanese people are required by unbreakable natural forces to never put anything in their tea.

:P Eating a lot could just mean she's a glutton for sweets.
<KeiichiO>: "I wonder what Misha's WAHAHA's sound like with a cock stuffed down her throat..."
<Ascension>: "I laughed, cried, vomited in my mouth a little, and even had time for marshmallows afterwards. Well played, Xanatos. Well played."
<KeiichiO>: "That's a beautiful response to chocolate."
lopalop2

Post by lopalop2 »

I had always just thought that since she was trying to learn sign language, which is not commonly taught, and work with deaf people she had gotten special permission to switch into the school as it both teaches sign language and has students who are deaf
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Or maybe she has some condition that gradually turns her deaf?
Founder and cheif librarian ofThe Yamaku Library, A Fan Fiction Archive
Vice president of the Yamaku Book Club
Sea wrote:Comrade, as Khan Bek has convinced me to give Democracy a try.
"French are just Spanish Germans, therefore Mexicans."
An American, 2014
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Comrade wrote:Or maybe she has some condition that gradually turns her deaf?
Or maybe she has no disability at all? I mean, if she had one it'd probably be noted [shimmie= 1827]here[/shimmie], just like everyone else in the class.
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Lianam wrote:
Comrade wrote:Or maybe she has some condition that gradually turns her deaf?
Or maybe she has no disability at all? I mean, if she had one it'd probably be noted [shimmie= 1827]here[/shimmie], just like everyone else in the class.
Yeah yeah sure but what's the fun in that?
An American, 2014
Kyler Thatch

Post by Kyler Thatch »

I don't know about you, but the idea of a non-disabled kid studying at Yamaku sounds pretty interesting to me.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Kyler Thatch wrote:I don't know about you, but the idea of a non-disabled kid studying at Yamaku sounds pretty interesting to me.
Thats actually something i thought to write about, maybe i'll get to thefe one day
An American, 2014
Lianam

Post by Lianam »

Comrade wrote:
Kyler Thatch wrote:I don't know about you, but the idea of a non-disabled kid studying at Yamaku sounds pretty interesting to me.
Thats actually something i thought to write about, maybe i'll get to thefe one day
Thefe?

Speaking of which, should I just give up on you continuing "Zombies"? Just wondering...
Ce ne sont pas une signature.
Comrade

Post by Comrade »

Lianam wrote:
Comrade wrote:
Thefe?

Speaking of which, should I just give up on you continuing "Zombies"? Just wondering...
Not yet, I've been too busy to give it any time lately, but I'll get back to it when things clear up a bit
An American, 2014
valoth

Post by valoth »

First of all she was sent there as part of a sign language program to help Shizune. Secondly it is never said that she has a disability, but her loud nature (in my opinion) could just be her personality, OCD, ADHD, or Angelman Syndrome.
wazuzu

Post by wazuzu »

valoth wrote:First of all she was sent there as part of a sign language program to help Shizune. Secondly it is never said that she has a disability, but her loud nature (in my opinion) could just be her personality, OCD, ADHD, or Angelman Syndrome.
You're missing the point. This thread isn't about explanation, it's about speculation based upon unclear existing information.
ProfAllister

Post by ProfAllister »

valoth wrote:First of all she was sent there as part of a sign language program to help Shizune.
That would be an excellent point, if it were supported by anything in the test. It says no such thing (and conflicts quite a bit with the fact that a significant portion of the student body is deaf).
Secondly it is never said that she has a disability,
Never said that she does, but never said that she doesn't, either. Half the fun is speculation and carefully parsing every word.
but her loud nature (in my opinion) could just be her personality, OCD, ADHD, or Angelman Syndrome.
Each of those theories has been discussed in this thread, with varying degrees of likelihood:

Personality: Sure, why not?

OCD/ADHD: I guess it's possible, but, like Autism, those are conditions that are notorious for being depicted poorly. As a result, (competent) authors tend to avoid them unless they're making a point of going for an accurate depiction. So I'd consider those unlikely.

Angelman Syndrome: I've specifically addressed this one before, since it's a little problematic. The summary description on wikipedia makes it sound like a reasonable (if somewhat far-fetched) possibility. Looking in detail at any medical literature shows that it falls somewhere between "extremely improbably" and "no chance in hell."

[grumpyoldcodger]I have no objection to newcomers contributing to discussions without requiring them to read the entirety of the discussion that happened before them, but it really should be common courtesy to use the "Search this topic" feature to make sure you're at least bringing a new perspective to an old argument. There are countless instances of "I haven't read the 60+ pages, but (verbatim argument that's already been presented 10 times)."[/grumpyoldcodger]
Current Project: Misha Pseudo-Route

Discord ID: ProfAllister#9754
Discord server
valoth

Post by valoth »

wazuzu wrote:
valoth wrote:First of all she was sent there as part of a sign language program to help Shizune. Secondly it is never said that she has a disability, but her loud nature (in my opinion) could just be her personality, OCD, ADHD, or Angelman Syndrome.
You're missing the point. This thread isn't about explanation, it's about speculation based upon unclear existing information.
Oh my bad kinda went over my head. But I still think in all honesty if she does have a disability it's ADHD
valoth

Post by valoth »

ProfAllister wrote:
valoth wrote:First of all she was sent there as part of a sign language program to help Shizune.
That would be an excellent point, if it were supported by anything in the test. It says no such thing (and conflicts quite a bit with the fact that a significant portion of the student body is deaf).
Secondly it is never said that she has a disability,
Never said that she does, but never said that she doesn't, either. Half the fun is speculation and carefully parsing every word.
but her loud nature (in my opinion) could just be her personality, OCD, ADHD, or Angelman Syndrome.
Each of those theories has been discussed in this thread, with varying degrees of likelihood:

Personality: Sure, why not?

OCD/ADHD: I guess it's possible, but, like Autism, those are conditions that are notorious for being depicted poorly. As a result, (competent) authors tend to avoid them unless they're making a point of going for an accurate depiction. So I'd consider those unlikely.

Angelman Syndrome: I've specifically addressed this one before, since it's a little problematic. The summary description on wikipedia makes it sound like a reasonable (if somewhat far-fetched) possibility. Looking in detail at any medical literature shows that it falls somewhere between "extremely improbably" and "no chance in hell."

[grumpyoldcodger]I have no objection to newcomers contributing to discussions without requiring them to read the entirety of the discussion that happened before them, but it really should be common courtesy to use the "Search this topic" feature to make sure you're at least bringing a new perspective to an old argument. There are countless instances of "I haven't read the 60+ pages, but (verbatim argument that's already been presented 10 times)."[/grumpyoldcodger]
Caught my wikipedia search huh? Anyway i think it is ADHD if anything.