Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Teclo

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Teclo »

DuaneMoody wrote:...she's the only one who isn't in RAITA's original character sheet, isn't she. Curiouser and curiouser.
Well while it's nice to start thinking about it in that sort of way, it's probably just because there needed to be a girl that could sign for Shizune. If any of the original girls took this role, I think it'd sort of demote them to "Shizune's sidekick". If Lilly took that role, it'd sort of feel like the comedy film "See No Evil, Hear No Evil".

I have to say, in a sort of intentionally-reading-too-much-into-things way, it did occur to me that it might be OCD - if not for the fact that the students are meant to be physically disabled only. See the example below...
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 7521 times

Rin > Akira > Shizune > Lilly = Emi > Hanako
Krull

Post by Krull »

How about something good and solid? like ohhh-liver problems? or maybe she lost a lung to something as a kid?
The lung thing won't work,not with how she hollers all the time :lol:

Still with how she got dizzy on the stairs it could be a brain thing,maybe not mental but perhaps brain damage as a kid?

Hell maybe she's just a goddamn mutant :twisted:
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."

Philip K. Dick, Valis

"I just can't stop"~Me
eaterofsouls101

Post by eaterofsouls101 »

Teclo wrote:
DuaneMoody wrote:...she's the only one who isn't in RAITA's original character sheet, isn't she. Curiouser and curiouser.
Well while it's nice to start thinking about it in that sort of way, it's probably just because there needed to be a girl that could sign for Shizune. If any of the original girls took this role, I think it'd sort of demote them to "Shizune's sidekick". If Lilly took that role, it'd sort of feel like the comedy film "See No Evil, Hear No Evil".

I have to say, in a sort of intentionally-reading-too-much-into-things way, it did occur to me that it might be OCD - if not for the fact that the students are meant to be physically disabled only. See the example below...

i do that alot too...does that mean i have OCD? besides the cleaning OCD ? omg time to go the the therapist again..

but i agree it seems a OCD would be the most likely reason from what the demo showed me,or maybe brain damg leading to the OCD O.o
TKPsycho wrote:You forgot heart.

And Kenji is captain planet.
Thistledown

Post by Thistledown »

Anon wrote:The fact that the devs haven't said anything about it probably means that Misha's disability will be an integral part of the story in the full game. Just be patient.
That doesn't mean we can't speculate.
rincewind wrote:By the way, maybe Misha has some kind of congenital disease, like Kana Todo from Kana Imouto. And now that I think about it, Kana would qualify to enter in Yamaku?
I believe it might be able to, but I think Kana would have been better served with personal tutors rather than a classroom environs when she is undergoing or recovering from treatments. Also, you get +1 internets for brining up Kana.
Bara

Post by Bara »

Dizziness climbing stairs, inability to hear someone speaking to her in a soft voice, and Misha's inability to regulate her own speaking volume seem to indicate some sort of inner ear problem.

This still leaves the problem of making it fatal..... Oh, classic, she gets dizzy while climbing stairs and takes a tumble down them; killing her and leaving the road open for Hisao and Shizune to hook up.

For those that insist that Misha recieves a happy ending instead of getting whacked how does this sound.... Misha recieves a revolutionary microsurgey procedure on her inner ear correcting the problems well enough that she is able to enter a normal High School .

I still think croaking Misha would be going for the emotional jugular. Nothing like killing off a character to get the tears flowing in the audience. :twisted:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
Captain Donk

Post by Captain Donk »

Watch it be something out of left field like MS. It just hasn't shown itself yet.
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

Just thought....

Brain tumor, anyone?
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
Bara

Post by Bara »

SnigendePind wrote:Just thought....

Brain tumor, anyone?
Sure thats a possibility, and a good one, but chemo would make her loose her hair drills and that would be a heartbreaker for about half of Misha's afficianados. Hmmm, "Bald Misha" anyone? She might pick up support from that.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

Bara wrote:
SnigendePind wrote:Just thought....

Brain tumor, anyone?
Sure thats a possibility, and a good one, but chemo would make her loose her hair drills and that would be a heartbreaker for about half of Misha's afficianados. Hmmm, "Bald Misha" anyone? She might pick up support from that.
The drills are actually a wig
- WetCrate

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
Krull

Post by Krull »

Here's a thought:

Brain tumor as a child,side affects were short term hearing loss (say a year or two) nerve damage (possibly requiring a brace),vertigo and maybe some mild mental issues.
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."

Philip K. Dick, Valis

"I just can't stop"~Me
gudini

Post by gudini »

There's also the posibility that it can be Bipolar Disorder, taking in mind that no depresive episode has been show yet

Post by Guest »

I doubletaked when I saw her name because I'm used to seeing it as the diminutive form of the Russian male name "Mikhail".
From the "Hisao's name is ironic?" thread. Misha's disability has been confirmed as gender dysphoria. She began HRT and wearing the female uniform in a mainstream school, but both the faculty and student body became uncomfortable with the situation. After shopping for educational settings where Misha's physical anatomy would be less of an issue, her parents decided to help her enroll in Yamaku High.
lolwut?

Post by lolwut? »

Guest wrote:
I doubletaked when I saw her name because I'm used to seeing it as the diminutive form of the Russian male name "Mikhail".
From the "Hisao's name is ironic?" thread. Misha's disability has been confirmed as gender dysphoria. She began HRT and wearing the female uniform in a mainstream school, but both the faculty and student body became uncomfortable with the situation. After shopping for educational settings where Misha's physical anatomy would be less of an issue, her parents decided to help her enroll in Yamaku High.
That's a pretty bold logical gap to leap there buddy.

I think she's simply hard of hearing. whether it's congenital or not doesn't matter, but it would explain why she's so loud, and why she knows sign language.
Rednal wrote:Except that Misha is waaaaaaay to sociable to have AS. Trust me on this one; I know what it's like. XD I stand by my COLD theory.
Not necessarily, AS as well as autism come in a very broad range is symptoms and severity. I myself have been diagnosed with a particularly mild case of Asperger's, which made me very socially awkward in elementary and early middle school, but when the doctors and my parents stopped pussyfooting when they were talking about my condition to me, I was better able to recognize and control such behaviors.
Free the Bee

Post by Free the Bee »

Working on the assumption that it has to be a physical thing that isn't immediately evident from her appearance or behaviour, I'm strongly inclined to think Misha's disability is something like epilepsy. Depending on the type and how well it's controlled, the condition might well justify her attending the school. Also, it could make for a fairly dramatic 'reveal' scene.
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

Free the Bee wrote:Working on the assumption that it has to be a physical thing that isn't immediately evident from her appearance or behaviour, I'm strongly inclined to think Misha's disability is something like epilepsy. Depending on the type and how well it's controlled, the condition might well justify her attending the school. Also, it could make for a fairly dramatic 'reveal' scene.
You're talking about her flashing her pants while having a seizure, and Hisao screwing her while her having a seizure?
- WetCrate

- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.