Yamaku Location Confirmed, Iwanako Reveal

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

KatawaHaremGod

Re: Yamaku Location Confirmed, Iwanako Reveal

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

Suriko wrote:The distance between the town and city are fictionalised.

During development, and without real regard for the actual geography of Sendai Castle, we decided to make three distinct game locations: Yamaku campus (at the top of the hill), the unnamed local town (at the foot of the hill, within walking distance), and "the city" which is not within walking distance. It's only really Sendai insofar as a few of the background photos are from there (the main city background photo is literally one step outside Sendai Station), and that distances to more remote locations are timed based off distance from Sendai (when we didn't fuck it up).

This is largely why we didn't namedrop Sendai or Sendai Castle within the VN - the distances don't match up quite right, so we genericised them into 'town' and 'the city'.
That makes sense. Its a fictional universe anyway so it doesn't matter *too* much :lol:

However, I unconsciously kept re-changing the foods in the Shanghai to more Japanese fare, like tempura soba for the "turkey sandwich" :lol: and mochi for the "cakes". (yes, lemon mochi is theoretically possible :lol: )

And I kept thinking perhaps Date Masamune, or a reincarnation of him, could appear at Yamaku as an alternative Hisao :lol: I mean, he DID only have one eye.... and his family was rich (Daimyo and all)... fanfiction? :mrgreen:
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol:
brythain

Post by brythain »

KatawaHaremGod wrote:And I kept thinking perhaps Date Masamune, or a reincarnation of him, could appear at Yamaku as an alternative Hisao :lol: I mean, he DID only have one eye.... and his family was rich (Daimyo and all)... fanfiction? :mrgreen:
I actually put Sendai's famous warlord as the inspiration behind Yamaku in my fanfic. He was called the 'one-eyed dragon', so in a sense he was one of Japan's most famous 'disabled' heroes. The castle museum is also a location I've used in those stories.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KatawaHaremGod

Post by KatawaHaremGod »

I actually put Sendai's famous warlord as the inspiration behind Yamaku in my fanfic. He was called the 'one-eyed dragon', so in a sense he was one of Japan's most famous 'disabled' heroes. The castle museum is also a location I've used in those stories.[/quote]

8) 8)

Its that Masamune is inextricably connected with Sendai (he built it, after all :lol: ). Also he actually had a physical disability and still became a great administrator and general. :D

Maybe the "Shanghai" should become "the dragon" instead and serve Japanese fare, because the "Shanghai" would lock in foods like xiao long bao instead of a "turkey sandwich" :lol:

I dunno I'm an otaku about these things :lol:
Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba Rumba!

1) Lilly 2) Emi/Hanako 3) Misha 4)Rin/Shizine: I don't hate anyone, but I guess I'm a Lillypad :lol: