What happened to the voice acting project?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

vendetta007

What happened to the voice acting project?

Post by vendetta007 »

I was looking for some more info about the voice acting for KS, and I found that people from Katawa Seiyu just disappeared. Was this project cancelled or does it have another team working on it? Let me know about some new info :)
"Push forward. This is the soul of (*)"

Emi > Hanako > Rin > Lilly > Shizune
1003powerloki

Re: What happened to the voice acting project?

Post by 1003powerloki »

Long story short. The group, i guess a good amount of the members, couldn't get enough time in their schedules to continue with the project. I think they made the cancellation official in twitter months ago. A real shame because I liked their videos.

But if you a craving for a fandub of KS. here is another group of people dubbing the game. Whether you like it or not is up to you. (Emi's voice actress is my favorite(and Yuukos good as well))
Achivements 1)Getting the scene 'Slow Recovery' without a walktrough. 2)Getting every good ending on first try. 3)Playing without spoilers. 4)Playing without knowing the game was an Eroge.
Endings in order: Emi(GE) Emi(BE) Shizune(GE) Shizune(BE) ACT1(BE) Rin(GE) Rin(BE) Rin(NE) Lilly(GE) Lilly(NE) Hanako(GE) Hanako(BE) Hanako(NE)
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Yeah, pretty sure what Loki said.
Either motivation waned or they couldn't all get on at the same time. Or both.

Personally, I'm somewhat thankful. I prefer my mental voices over their given ones :lol:
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Munchenhausen wrote:Personally, I'm somewhat thankful. I prefer my mental voices over their given ones :lol:
I am morbidly curious as to what those would be.
I suppose Rin is a bunch of fart noises?
Umber

Post by Umber »

Solistor wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Personally, I'm somewhat thankful. I prefer my mental voices over their given ones
I would say don't encourage him, but it's probably too late. :(

you did this to us solistor
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Umber wrote:
Solistor wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Personally, I'm somewhat thankful. I prefer my mental voices over their given ones

I accept full responsibility for what comes.
vendetta007

Post by vendetta007 »

1003powerloki wrote: But if you a craving for a fandub of KS. here is another group of people dubbing the game. Whether you like it or not is up to you. (Emi's voice actress is my favorite(and Yuukos good as well))
Well, this seems to look really good, indeed. I'll go check more of this out.

Solistor

Post by Solistor »

vendetta007 wrote:
1003powerloki wrote: But if you a craving for a fandub of KS. here is another group of people dubbing the game. Whether you like it or not is up to you. (Emi's voice actress is my favorite(and Yuukos good as well))
Well, this seems to look really good, indeed. I'll go check more of this out.
Aye, I've been listening to their dub and I really like it. They do other dubs too, and seem to have been doing so for a good while. Judging from the fact that their KS dub isn't in their "ongoing projects" playlist, it's probably a side project (or they just forgot to add it). However, they updated not too long ago with their latest KS video, so it's at least still being worked on.
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Munchenhausen wrote: Personally, I'm somewhat thankful. I prefer my mental voices over their given ones :lol:
Agreed. So far none of the dubs have given Misha the voice I hear in my head when I read her lines. According to Hisao, Misha's voice has a lilting voice, and the tilde that you see at the end of some of her words signifies that she's elongating that particular word. She says things in a musical, sing-song way (at least when she's happy), and in this new fan dub they just don't seem to get that.
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

Based on the Youtube-video, I really enjoyed what the one called JesuOtaku did with Rin. She nailed the character, dead on.

Sad that we didn't get to hear what they would've done with the sex scenes. Or Hanako's outburst.
vendetta007

Post by vendetta007 »

Solistor wrote:Aye, I've been listening to their dub and I really like it. They do other dubs too, and seem to have been doing so for a good while. Judging from the fact that their KS dub isn't in their "ongoing projects" playlist, it's probably a side project (or they just forgot to add it). However, they updated not too long ago with their latest KS video, so it's at least still being worked on.
Yeah, they're still with the project ongoing, and the team's plans are to finish Act 1 on bad ending, with Kenji, at the roof. If the feedback shows good results, some people in the comments are saying that Let's Dub will continue in Emi's route, I suppose. Right on the anal :lol:

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Solistor wrote:
Umber wrote:
Solistor wrote: I am morbidly curious as to what those would be.
I accept full responsibility for what comes.
Funnily enough, I've been away all bank holiday weekend and unable to respond in time.
That Katawa Seiyu actually got Rin's voice pretty much bang on what I had imagined... Considering I believe her to be a shit, it was a bittersweet victory.

Kenji and Misha's voices really got on my tits.
Kenji was "Generic nerd voice #024" and Misha was "Generic Japanese->English vocal dub Female Voice #002".
Shizune was pretty good though.
Valjean Lafitte wrote:Agreed. So far none of the dubs have given Misha the voice I hear in my head when I read her lines. According to Hisao, Misha's voice has a lilting voice, and the tilde that you see at the end of some of her words signifies that she's elongating that particular word. She says things in a musical, sing-song way (at least when she's happy), and in this new fan dub they just don't seem to get that.
This too. All they've decided to do was find the female vocal actor who could pull off the most high-pitched voice, perceivable to human ears
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon