The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby brythain » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Sharp-O wrote:A multiversal Lagrange point where all space and time intersect... A Nexus, if you will. :wink:

It's the Library, I tell you! Something like what Castenada wrote. Or this...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
User avatar
brythain
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby emmjay » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:14 am

brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Mutou's classroom is bigger than every other room on the corridor, almost twice as big as any other classroom in the building... Yet no room is smaller than it should be, to compensate. It's a running joke amongst the staff and students that Mutou's classroom has impossible dimensions.

[Timelord Technology Intensifies]

No, the whole of Yamaku is inside Mutou's classroom, which is why so much seems to happen in there. However, Kenji's room is also like that, which is why Yamaku has impossible chronology. The two of them have locked their rooms together in space and time by accident—that's a 10-4.

Ah, so that's why the school bell sounds like this.
"That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" - The Eleventh Doctor is not a Hanako fan.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7-10-2013)
User avatar
emmjay
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby brythain » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:37 am

emmjay wrote:
brythain wrote:
Munchenhausen wrote:Mutou's classroom is bigger than every other room on the corridor, almost twice as big as any other classroom in the building... Yet no room is smaller than it should be, to compensate. It's a running joke amongst the staff and students that Mutou's classroom has impossible dimensions.

[Timelord Technology Intensifies]

No, the whole of Yamaku is inside Mutou's classroom, which is why so much seems to happen in there. However, Kenji's room is also like that, which is why Yamaku has impossible chronology. The two of them have locked their rooms together in space and time by accident—that's a 10-4.

Ah, so that's why the school bell sounds like this.

I think that's what the curfew bell sounds like. The school bell that sounds in between periods is pretty standard. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
User avatar
brythain
 
Posts: 3281
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:58 pm
Location: East Asia

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby emmjay » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:57 am

A few random ones:
The BG characters designed and named after anime characters are not actually named that, those are just nicknames they picked up after people noticed the resemblance. (On a related note, Yamaku has a LOT of anime and manga fans.)
Rin has the most eclectic music collection Yamaku's ever seen.
Hanako hates most Disney animated movies, because of how many parents end up dead in them.
Miki collects Transformers. It started when someone gave her a beat-up old Shockwave as a (somewhat mean-spirited) gag gift, and she actually thought it was pretty cool. She does get a little frustrated transforming them one-handed, but enjoys the challenge at the same time.
Yamaku has its own version of the Hanako-san urban legend. Supposedly, she was one of the first students to attend Yamaku after it opened; she died in a bathroom stall after she cut herself and, being hemophiliac, bled out. According to the story, if you knock on the stall's door, ask if she's there, and then open the stall when she says yes, she'll be standing in the stall, and both she and the stall will be covered in blood.
"That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" - The Eleventh Doctor is not a Hanako fan.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7-10-2013)
User avatar
emmjay
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby Sharp-O » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:21 pm

emmjay wrote:Miki collects Transformers. It started when someone gave her a beat-up old Shockwave as a (somewhat mean-spirited) gag gift, and she actually thought it was pretty cool. She does get a little frustrated transforming them one-handed, but enjoys the challenge at the same time.

This is relevant to my interests and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
User avatar
Sharp-O
 
Posts: 889
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby fovis » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:12 pm

I firmly believe that Hisao is adept at the hammered dulcimer but finds it to obscure to reveal, hence why in Hanako's route (i think) he says he doesn't have any hobbies besides reading whilst they are in the Shanghai..
User avatar
fovis
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby emmjay » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:36 am

Hanako got a Nintendo DS as a graduation present from Lilly. Anytime she has a Pokemon battle, her opponent wonders how she does so well, considering she chooses her teams based on how cute they are.
"That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" - The Eleventh Doctor is not a Hanako fan.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7-10-2013)
User avatar
emmjay
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby Eurobeatjester » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:37 pm

Hanako knows all the steps to the Thriller dance, and can rock Heavy songs on DDR without using the bar.
~EurobeatJester

Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Current word count: 110k+

Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica


believe in yourself
User avatar
Eurobeatjester
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:59 am
Location: Denial

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby emmjay » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:11 pm

Eurobeatjester wrote:Hanako knows all the steps to the Thriller dance, and can rock Heavy songs on DDR without using the bar.

People just keep giving me excuses to link to this comic...
Expanding on my last post: Hanako's favorite Pokémon game is Sun/Moon. After all, it has a blond girl named Lillie as a major character. (Who dresses in white, which is "our" Lilly's favorite color.)
"That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" - The Eleventh Doctor is not a Hanako fan.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7-10-2013)
User avatar
emmjay
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby Oddball » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:14 am

Emi is the only main cast member that regularly watches TV.

If the TV is on and she's not doing something else, Rin will watch it regardless of what's on. She has no preferences, seemingly as interested in blockbuster hits as she is infomercials. On that note, she'll will also sometimes just get up and leave, regardless of what part of the show it's on. She could have been watching a two hour movie, and then just walk out ten minutes before it's over.

Shizune claims to not watch TV, but there's actually a cooking show she tends to watch whenever she gets the chance, partially because it's one of the few programs she knows that has anyone using sign language, and partially because she has a crush on the show's main cook.

Hanako will watch the same cartoons she used to watch as a kid if given the opportunity.

Akira takes great effort to pick out shows and movies that she thinks Lilly will be able to enjoy as well. Lilly doesn't have the heart to tell her that she doesn't care one way or another.

Misha doesn't get the chance to watch TV as much as she'd like. Shizune keeps her busy. She used to be a big fan of teenage dramas.
Coming soon: ... something.
User avatar
Oddball
 
Posts: 2370
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:05 pm

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby Charmant » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Kenji has aspirations toward politics but nobody takes him seriously. His dormitory fort is officially titled "Manistan". Manistan issues its own currency which Kenji often hands out during school events like festivals and assemblies.
Most of Yamaku's students who accept it at all use said currency for jotting down throwaway memos, disposing of chewed gum and such.

Rin accepts the notes when offered but simply puts them out of the way and forgets them. She has a huge cache of 'money' in her dorm and doesn't remember at all.
Shizune refuses to acknowledge any of it but secretly admires the general idea and has co-opted it for her own ambitions.
Misha actually tries to use them as legal tender at the teahouse.
User avatar
Charmant
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby Eurobeatjester » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 am

emmjay wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:Hanako knows all the steps to the Thriller dance, and can rock Heavy songs on DDR without using the bar.

People just keep giving me excuses to link to this comic...
Expanding on my last post: Hanako's favorite Pokémon game is Sun/Moon. After all, it has a blond girl named Lillie as a major character. (Who dresses in white, which is "our" Lilly's favorite color.)


That is the best picture EVER.
~EurobeatJester

Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Current word count: 110k+

Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica


believe in yourself
User avatar
Eurobeatjester
 
Posts: 648
Joined: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:59 am
Location: Denial

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby emmjay » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:41 am

Every Yamaku school reunion starts with a memorial toast for those who've passed on since the last reunion.

Kenji is really cold-natured. I mean, he wears a jacket and scarf in summer! Guy probably keeps the heater on year-round.

Miki thinks Hanako is cute. If she had been able to befriend Hanako, she might have asked her out. (On a related note, part of the reason she encourages Hisao to pursue Hanako is because she doesn't want Hanako to be alone.)
"That's bacon. Are you trying to poison me?" - The Eleventh Doctor is not a Hanako fan.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7-10-2013)
User avatar
emmjay
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 am
Location: Western North Carolina, physically at least

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Postby Charmant » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:27 am

emmjay wrote:Kenji is really cold-natured. I mean, he wears a jacket and scarf in summer! Guy probably keeps the heater on year-round.


Being cold-natured isn't the same thing as literally being cold.
And I figure the scarf is because he believes in lesbian vampires.
User avatar
Charmant
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Previous

Return to Public Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests