Random KS Discussion

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

300BillionDegrees

Re: Random KS Discussion

Post by 300BillionDegrees »

She'd just use one foot to paint the toes on the other, but I don't think she would really ever care about painting her nails. And if she did, she would probably use a paintbrush and oil paints instead of nail polish :o
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

300BillionDegrees wrote:She'd just use one foot to paint the toes on the other, but I don't think she would really ever care about painting her nails. And if she did, she would probably use a paintbrush and oil paints instead of nail polish :o
I'm really not sure why I imagined her using her mouth to paint her nails...

But yeah, I highly doubt Rin would be into that kind of thing.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

300BillionDegrees wrote:She'd just use one foot to paint the toes on the other, but I don't think she would really ever care about painting her nails. And if she did, she would probably use a paintbrush and oil paints instead of nail polish :o
Probably, the stuff they make nail-polish out of is deadly if you inhale it :P
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Eurobeatjester

Post by Eurobeatjester »

It also gets you reaaaally high.

Wait a minute...

Rin's route suddenly makes sense now
Stuff I'm currently writing: Learning To Fly: A Saki Enomoto Pseudo Route
Two Turtledoves - A Lilly/Hisao Christmas Oneshot
Blank Mage wrote:
Eurobeatjester wrote:I doubt my ability to write convincing lesbian erotica
believe in yourself
Atario

Post by Atario »

I demand some Chef come along and murder all avatars that are not KS-related.
KeiichiO wrote:But yeah, I highly doubt Rin would be into that kind of thing.
I bet she would be into things along these lines:

NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

Atario wrote:I demand some Chef come along and murder all avatars that are not KS-related.
That's delta's domain, not mine~
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

After a chat with Munch a few weeks back, I started thinking about one angle of the potential relationships that Hisao can develop. From what I recall, it’s something that isn't considered in game and rarely seen in fanfiction: Hisao's parents.

I mean, would they approve of the girl that Hisao falls for? If we look at the stereotypical Japanese idea of the eldest son's wife providing care for her inlaws in their winter years, would they look at some of the girl’s disabilities and not give Hisao their stamp of approval solely on that? Emi, Hanako and Shizune could well qualify in their books, Lilly at a push, but Rin? They could well decide that they’ll let him enjoy a highschool relationship with her, but expect him not to take it beyond that. So when Hisao goes against them and commits to a long haul relationship with Rin, they bring down the foot and demand that he leaves her.

“Its not just the arms Hicchan, look at how scatterbrained she is! The girl can barely take care of herself!”

“Your Mother is right son. She’s incapable of fulfilling some of the most basic tasks, let alone the role of raising our grandchildren and looking after us in our final years. You will end this folly now.”

Thoughts?
Last edited by Rhodri on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:After a chat with Munch a few weeks back, I started thinking about one angle of the potential relationships that Hisao can develop. From what I recall, it’s something that isn't considered in game and rarely seen in fanfiction: Hisao's parents.

I mean, would they approve of the girl that Hisao falls for? If we look at the stereotypical Japanese idea of the eldest son's wife providing care for her inlaws in their winter years, would they look at some of the girl’s disabilities and not give Hisao their stamp of approval solely on that? Emi, Hanako and Shizune could well qualify in their books, Lilly at a push, but Rin? They could well decide that they’ll let him enjoy a highschool relationship with her, but expect him not to take it beyond that. So when Hisao goes against them and commits to a long haul relationship with Rin, they bring down the foot and demand that he leaves her.

“Its not just the arms Hicchan, look at how scatterbrained she is! The girl can barely take care of herself!”

“Your Mother is right son. She’s incapable of fulfilling some of the most basic tasks, let alone the role of raising our grandchildren and look after us in our final years. You will end this folly now.”

Thoughts?
Hisao's parents seem to like Miki here in my headcanon. I think that it depends on how progressive they are. The little we know of them show that they're supportive enough, they bring him to Yamaku and take care of him as best as they can. I agree Rin would be a bit of a problem for them if they had that kind of background.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Atario wrote:I demand some Chef come along and murder all avatars that are not KS-related.
You can't kill a Goddess.
Atario wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:But yeah, I highly doubt Rin would be into that kind of thing.
I bet she would be into things along these lines:

*Swirlytoes.jpg*
Nah man. Rin doesn't have time for such girly things.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Rhodri wrote: “Its not just the arms Hicchan, look at how scatterbrained she is! The girl can barely take care of herself!”

“Your Mother is right son. She’s incapable of fulfilling some of the most basic tasks, let alone the role of raising our grandchildren and look after us in our final years. You will end this folly now.”
Hisao is stubborn as all hell, and a bit unbalanced when it comes to his love life. I imagine that it would be unlikely his parents could provide more than a stumbling block in his path to marriage. (I mean, in some cultures, they are already married due to the H-Scene.) Furthermore, last time I checked, the word of Dev said that all GE are "Happily Ever After."

We also don't know much about the parents, aside from what we see in the hospital. So they may not even go against him.

Personally, I've always theorized the parents were rather non-caring about the disabled until the unfortunate event in the winter, where they were confronted with Hisao's disability. This changed their opinions a tad, but mostly just led to a sort of family embarrassment sort of conflict.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

brythain wrote: Hisao's parents seem to like Miki here in my headcanon.
Oh, you and your endless self plugging for Teh Feels Express train to Uczucie-ville :lol:
brythain wrote:The little we know of them show that they're supportive enough, they bring him to Yamaku and take care of him as best as they can.
Something clicked in my head that makes me kinda agree with you. Wasn't it Rin's route where Hisao acutally talks to his Mum over the phone to talk about coming home for the summer? Can't think of any other circumsatnce where the parents are in close contact beyond LGE and the prologue.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Atario

Post by Atario »

Rhodri wrote:rarely seen in fanfiction: Hisao's parents.

I mean, would they approve of the girl that Hisao falls for?
There was one I read quite some time ago that had a treatment of them I really loved, after Lilly's good ending. Mom was defensive and judgmental, but Dad was a total bro (if slightly henpecked). Super hard not to port that portrayal over into my own fanfic…
KeiichiO wrote:Nah man. Rin doesn't have time for such girly things.
They can be as un-girly as she wants — they're her tiny canvases to do with as she pleases!

This made me think: is Rin the type who would go in for tattooing? (Discarding Japanese social norms about these things for the moment, of course)
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
brythain

Post by brythain »

Rhodri wrote:
brythain wrote: Hisao's parents seem to like Miki here in my headcanon.
Oh, you and your endless self plugging for Teh Feels Express train to Uczucie-ville :lol:
brythain wrote:The little we know of them show that they're supportive enough, they bring him to Yamaku and take care of him as best as they can.
Something clicked in my head that makes me kinda agree with you. Wasn't it Rin's route where Hisao acutally talks to his Mum over the phone to talk about coming home for the summer? Can't think of any other circumsatnce where the parents are in close contact beyond LGE and the prologue.
Argh. It's just that it's easier to show than to tell, because I've written it all once and don't want to do it again! :D

Yes, I think it was. He actually feels bad about not contacting his parents more.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Atario wrote: This made me think: is Rin the type who would go in for tattooing? (Discarding Japanese social norms about these things for the moment, of course)
I'm curious as to that as well. I think it may be an expression of affection, since she puts so much of herself into painting having someone put that much of their self into part of her may be somewhat intimate. On the other hand, if she were to design her own tatoo, it would most likely be... I'm having trouble thinking of a non-Rin way to put it...

If she takes part of herself and puts it into a painting, then she loses part of herself. If she takes that painting and puts it on herself, is it still the same? Or is it like trying to jam one puzzle piece into the puzzle when you know it won't fit there? Or is she like clay, where a part can be sculpted almost perfectly back onto the whole with little effect? If someone she likes does the tattoo, do she gain that part of them? What if they spread through her like a poison? If the tattoo is put on someone else and it's a copy of her painting, do they become partially her?

My hands stopped moving after that. I think I'm good for a while. In other news, it'd be funny to see her walk into a tattoo parlor and just browse the catalog. I think she'd go for something zany like full-body pict.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

Broomhead wrote:In other news, it'd be funny to see her walk into a tattoo parlor and just browse the catalog. I think she'd go for something zany like full-body pict.
I imagone she'd probably go for something small, but significant.

Like this on her shoulder
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon