The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:At least in the US, it goes back to the whole biblical belief that women are property of their father, and taking their virginity reduces their market value. So, the father is intimidating suitors into not damaging his property's value.

Yes, that is an incredibly regressive viewpoint.
Jigoro twirling his katana is a bit over the top, but a katana isn't a gun, and he's not waving it at Hisao. It's just a display, aimed at chasing off the unserious. It's unlikely that this is a Biblical viewpoint. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

bhtooefr wrote:That also depends on where in the west you are.

There are parts of the US where it's a cultural meme that a father will be making a show of cleaning firearms when a suitor to his daughter comes around. I mean, that's even worse than Jigoro twirling a sword...
I'm waaay in the East, sadly, and as much as I know about how parents in the west are they are like puppies :lol:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Continuing on with my Miki headcanon from here.

As I said before, Miki is the youngest child in a large family where all her siblings are brothers. On that of that, there a bit of an age gap between them. When she was born, they were aged (roughly around) 12, 10, 8 and 6. With her Dad running his business and her mother helping him in the business/being a busy housewife/divorced/dead*, the brothers all chipped in to help raise her baby sister. By the time she’s 6, the eldest has already reached his seniority while the others are teenagers. Being partially raised by a group of brash teenage boys has an effect on her mannerisms, but together they taught the right stuff and she turned out alright. As she gets older, she feels ashamed of this as they put her own needs ahead of their own (‘dates’ for them consisted of staying in with their GFs while babysitting Miki), something which they have always denied.

*Haven’t figured this out yet, but EVERY girl in KS has to have parent issues!

By the time of the events of KS, her brothers are aged 30, 28, 26 and 24 and all remain close to Miki. The eldest has joined his dad in the family business, is married and has a young daughter, whom Miki adores, her only regret being that she can’t play with her niece in ways that require two hands (picking her up for piggybacks, swinging her around by the hands etc etc). Whenever they go out and get ice cream together, the niece holds the ice cream in one hand and a loosened bandage from Miki’s wrist with the other…even typing that out makes me go d’awww.

Most of the remaining brothers have various jobs that reflect their upbringing around a technical work environment like architects, designers etc. One is a car mechanic that drives around in a 1970s Lamborghini that he restored. Although referred to as a P400S, it’s actually a Miura…Miki’s namesake. The story behind this is told by the devs here. One of them broke the trend and went into the world of finance. I’d even say one of them is gay and is the original ‘gaylord’.

Finally, the bandages. She lost her hand in the first place because she did something she shouldn’t have done. She wears the bandages as a constant reminder that there are some things in life that she shouldn’t do for her own sake and things she can’t do now because she f’ed up.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
Atario

Post by Atario »

bhtooefr wrote:she tolerates "Lillian" only from her father.
I've considered "Lillian" before, but not one person ever mentions it, in-game or in Dev comments or anything. I have the feeling (sorry, headcanon) that "Lilly" is her actual full given name, not short for anything.
Liminaut wrote:About Lilly's name: It still amazes me that Lilly was given a name that the vast majority of Japanese would find almost impossible to pronounce correctly.
Her parents wanted her to be a lesbian, but felt "Yuri" was too on-the-nose. (Or, more reasonably, it was her mom's mom's name or some such.)
brythain wrote:In between running three restaurants
Wait… back up there… Huh?
Jigoro, neither hypocrite nor jerk, but concerned father, devious schemer, not a nice guy but determined to hold his family together
I've heard this theory several times before, and I cannot fathom the level of generosity required to brook it for an instant. He's a narcissist, through and through. Being raised by one is a horrendous enough (and common enough) experience that there are whole mutual support groups dedicated to recovering from it.
Munchenhausen wrote:Have you seen how much Rosetta Stone costs? Fucking hell.
Rosetta Stone is evil. They supported COICA. Don't give them money.
She is fluent in English, but as a result unknowingly speaks English in a thick Brummie accent.
Wow. I believe that's the first accent I've ever heard where "you" rhymes with "wow".
Megumeru wrote:Jigoro
[…]
reasonable.
Does not compute
I don't believe you can trust what Misha said word-per-word considering her character and how she easily deviates everything to make it all 'good and dandy'.
But wouldn't accusing him of being an asshole to everyone make him look worse, not fine and dandy?
YutoTheOrc wrote:He must have a reason for being a humongous asshat, everyone does
In my experience, 99.9% of the time, that reason is that the person is (for all intents and purposes) just inherently a humongous asshat and that's the way it is. The only solution is distance.
Yikes. I think we left headcanon territory about a hundred miles back there and are now firmly in fanficland.
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

Atario wrote:
Rhodri wrote:A ton of Miki headcanon
Yikes. I think we left headcanon territory about a hundred miles back there and are now firmly in fanficland.
Yeah, you kinda figured me out. I'd love to do fan fiction but I'm just an ideas man. I have tons of stories floating about in my head but when it comes to actually writing out anything beyond a story treatment I fall flat. My dialogue tends to be too formal, the spelling and grammar is atrocious and my vocabulary is extremely limited. I figured this out while looking over the various drafts of the script I wrote for my graduation film at University.

Which is I kinda jumped for joy when this thread popped up. I could finally vent some of my ideas but not humiliate myself by producing a cruddy fan fic.
Last edited by Rhodri on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

Oscar Wildecat

Post by Oscar Wildecat »

Rhodri wrote: Yeah, you kinda figured me out. I'd love to do fan fiction but I'm just an ideas man. I have have tons of stories floating about in my head but when it comes to actually writing out anything beyond a story treatment I fall flat.
And here I thought I was the only one with that problem. :?
I like all the girls in KS, but empathize with Hanako the most.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." - Mark Twain
“Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions.” - Winston Churchill
Checkout SordidEuphemism's Logo Thread.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:I've heard this theory several times before, and I cannot fathom the level of generosity required to brook it for an instant.
Well, that's why it's my headcanon and not yours! :D

The point of this thread is more along the lines of 'what's in your head and why' as opposed to 'why it shouldn't be in your head'...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

brythain wrote:
Atario wrote:I've heard this theory several times before, and I cannot fathom the level of generosity required to brook it for an instant.
Well, that's why it's my headcanon and not yours! :D

The point of this thread is more along the lines of 'what's in your head and why' as opposed to 'why it shouldn't be in your head'...
It's ok man, Lillithians are too *blind* to understand Shizuists :lol:

But yeah, as Brythain mention. This is 'what's your headcannon'-thread, not 'what I think should be your headcanon''.

Also:
Megumeru wrote:Jigoro
[…]
reasonable.
Does not compute
You do realize that different side of the planet has different ways of raising children or how parents react to certain 'x', right?
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Atario wrote:
I was gonna say, he might as well write a fanfic with all that headcanon in his hands :lol:
brythain

Post by brythain »

KeiichiO wrote:
Atario wrote:
I was gonna say, he might as well write a fanfic with all that headcanon in his hands :lol:
With all that headcanon in his hands, he won't have enough limbs free to write the way he normally does… :D
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

brythain wrote:With all that headcanon in his hands, he won't have enough limbs free to write the way he normally does… :D
Im typing this with a spoon held in my mouth. Whos laughing now Brythain. bet Rin knows a better way to do this.

*Takes spoon out of month*

Man that was hard!

Atario

Post by Atario »

Rhodri wrote:Last edited by Rhodri on Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
This is my favorite part of that comment. :lol:
brythain wrote:The point of this thread is more along the lines of 'what's in your head and why' as opposed to 'why it shouldn't be in your head'...
Well… If I say that "it's my headcanon that" Misha actually has green hair and we're just seeing through some strange filter, I wouldn't expect no one to take exception to it…
Megumeru wrote:It's ok man, Lillithians are too *blind* to understand Shizuists :lol:
In fact, I'm an avowed EveryGirlIsBestGirl-ist, thank you very much!
You do realize that different side of the planet has different ways of raising children or how parents react to certain 'x', right?
Are you about to enlighten me that acting like an insulting asshole, making one's children's lives hell, and carrying around a katana are three dead-common activities amongst dads in modern Japan?
NB: none of the above is a request

Mutou Gets Fired — a little one-shot fanfic I wrote
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Atario wrote:
brythain wrote:The point of this thread is more along the lines of 'what's in your head and why' as opposed to 'why it shouldn't be in your head'...
Well… If I say that "it's my headcanon that" Misha actually has green hair and we're just seeing through some strange filter, I wouldn't expect no one to take exception to it…
There's a difference between having a theory/headcanon and spitting out completely imbecilic rubbish.
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

Atario wrote:In my experience, 99.9% of the time, that reason is that the person is (for all intents and purposes) just inherently a humongous asshat and that's the way it is. The only solution is distance.
Oh well screw you too. :evil:

I'm not angry or anything, I just want to point it out. I think there are assholes who are assholes simply to be "men." I think there are assholes that are assholes because their just lashing out. But no-one, deep down, is an asshole just because. There will be a reason, somewhere, that makes them that way. It could be something horrid (racism, etc.) I've both been called and acted as an asshole, as has my best friend, but never out of simple aggression. If we need to drive someone out, it's all bets off.

Of course, if you don't look too deep, that's true.

But still... :evil:
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Atario wrote:Are you about to enlighten me that acting like an insulting asshole, making one's children's lives hell, and carrying around a katana are three dead-common activities amongst dads in modern Japan?
I would think that 'acting like an insulting asshole' already proves my point. He's acting and you know it too… :D

As for 'making one's children's lives hell', neither Hideaki nor Shizune seem to think so, canonically. In fact, when Hisao suggests to her in her route that her father loves her, she replies [I know.] So if we assume canon is canonical, the reasoning is sound. As for carrying around a katana, that's the one thing that isn't behavioural: that's a prop. :D